Page 374 of 597 FirstFirst ... 274324349364371372373374375376377384399424474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 8942

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

It was all a hoax:

"After realizing how fast my early April Fool's joke for 2012 has spread; beyond my normal online boundaries, into mice chat, etc; and how much tension it had created; I think it's time I spill the beans early for everyone's sake, including mine. Disneyland is NOT getting the interactive que; I made those blueprints myself. I'm surprised that nobody thought they were fake from the get go. Rejoice Disneylanders! Your mansion is safe, and to anyone whom I made cry, I offer my apologies. I didn't think it would get this big this fast, or I would have waited to spill the beans on April 1st. Happy (Early) April Fools Day! ~ S&FS"

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    We can all breath easy now. The Strange and Frightening Sounds Facebook has admitted this queue layout was an early April Fools joke.
    The problem is that, for Haunted Mansion fans that understand the art and aesthetics of storytelling and presentation, there's little funny about it. What happened to the exterior of WDW's attraction is a tragedy. It's not impossible for a similarly boneheaded addition to appear in Anaheim, and I would HATE to see that happen.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

You know what's not a thing? EARLY April Fool's Day jokes.

Sheesh.

Harumph. Does it make me a stodgy, old curmudgeon to think that EARLY April Fools' Jokes don't exist? And that the subject matter was much too serious for a joke?

Not cool.

• Inhospitable about happy

I think his/her plan was to let this thing ride until April 1, and then say "April Fool!" I'm glad he/she recognized that it wasn't funny to a lot of people and called it early.

Still, it's a brand of humor I've never understood. That's just me.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

And now, a brief palate cleanser:

Museum of the Weird art detail, from the Disney Gallery exhibit in 2004

And a relatively simple removed element I still hope some day might return....I forget, does anyone know why it was taken out? HMH related reasons or just because...? Glad I randomly took this photo of it one day in 2005....

And granted, it was not at all subtle/old-fashioned feeling with all that neon-esque light, but it's garishness/glowy-nature is why I like it....did feel kind of 'supernatural' still somehow, even if not understated.

at least the joke results in relief rather than disappointment! (for example if he reported on an original design hattie return--then I would be upset!)

The beloved exit sign was removed because that little projecting wall was removed. As I recall, it was to facilitate wheelchair evacuation during a 101. If a handicapped person was in a buggy right in front of the mirrors, I guess it was a real nuisance.

My recollection is that the sign wasn't there the first time I rode, during opening week. I clearly remember being surprised to see it the next visit, less than a month later.

One thing I now appreciate is that the crude skull wasn't crude at all. It faithfully continued in the 17th-18th century style of the graveyard headstones.

No doubt they've got it stored somewhere. I wonder what it would bring at auction? Four figures, at least.
    Last edited by HBG2; 03-29-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: fix pic

Didn't we establish earlier that it was on the door of the CM entrance around the back of the house?

No doubt it would bring four figures at auction. Maybe even more, because there is only one sign.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Yes, the skull is very "Hudson Valley cemetery chic", if you like..part of the reason I love the sign so much.

They sold replicas of Rolly's arm wall sconce for collectors...why not a modified version of this?

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Yes, the skull is very "Hudson Valley cemetery chic", if you like..part of the reason I love the sign so much.

They sold replicas of Rolly's arm wall sconce for collectors...why not a modified version of this?
    I wish I had one or two of those sconces.

If I'm not mistaken, the skull exit sign has been made into a pin. I've always liked it but admit to being unaware that it's no longer there. It's a nice detail that can be taken for granted easily, considering that the design blends in so well.

---------- Post added 03-29-2012 at 01:35 PM ----------

BTW, 20 guests, at the present moment. I know I'm not wearing any pants, but is something showing?

Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    Didn't we establish earlier that it was on the door of the CM entrance around the back of the house?
    You're thinking of a different sign. This one was right after the HHG mirrors.

The exit sign pin can be seen HERE.

Whew- glad to hear our Mansion is safe from Pepe-le-queue-ing! The grounds are wonderful and beautiful, and we do *not* need a new queue with idiotic noisemakers and overly-obvious jokes. One of the more amazing things about the Mansion is when it doesn't lay everything out for you, that sets up a mood and lets your brain go at it.

I recognize this is a dying piece of the Mansion, that it gets more obvious and limited with every addition, but I do celebrate the bits of ambiguity that remain.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    You're thinking of a different sign. This one was right after the HHG mirrors.
    What sign is in the CM entrance? I must admit that all the threads kind of run together after a while...

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM