Page 375 of 581 FirstFirst ... 275325365372373374375376377378385425475 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 8715
  1. #5611

    • Inhospitable about happy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,529

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    The 25th anniversary plaque.
    Last edited by HBG2; 03-29-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: sp
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

    The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

  2. #5612

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    171

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Oh, that's right.

  3. #5613

    • Member of Baxter's Army
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Haunted Mansion
    Posts
    2,389

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post

    Any kind of ghostly activity on or near the manor grounds simply does not belong, period.
    I agree with you I am just saying if. BTW, Grinning Ghost, not cool.

  4. #5614

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    749

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    An April Fool's joke 2 days early? Lol.

    Anyways, 666th post!

  5. #5615

    • Larger Than (After)Life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    A Dusty Attic
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    I agree with you I am just saying if. BTW, Grinning Ghost, not cool.
    I'll afterlive. I just hate being made to feel like a very foolish mortal, particularly over something I'm passionate about. I'll tell you one thing though: the Disneyland/Haunted Mansion fans were certainly beginning to leap out of the woodwork and rather quickly. I'm glad to see that there are a growing number of them concerned with preserving the artistic integrity of a masterpiece.

    Trust me, park patrons would notice the difference if The Haunted Mansion truly became "just another ride." I hear so many people talking now about how Knott's was ruined by its corporate owners. Even though that park was never on-par with Disneyland, it still had its charm which is now all but gone. It doesn't take much for "the magic" to fade. Again, Tomorrowland is an example. It's just a shadow of its former self and is now completely dominated by blatant and excessive commercialism.

  6. #5616

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    171

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    I'll tell you one thing though: the Disneyland/Haunted Mansion fans were certainly beginning to leap out of the woodwork and rather quickly. I'm glad to see that there are a growing number of them concerned with preserving the artistic integrity of a masterpiece.

    Trust me, park patrons would notice the difference if The Haunted Mansion truly became "just another ride." I hear so many people talking now about how Knott's was ruined by its corporate owners. Even though that park was never on-par with Disneyland, it still had its charm which is now all but gone. It doesn't take much for "the magic" to fade. Again, Tomorrowland is an example. It's just a shadow of its former self and is now completely dominated by blatant and excessive commercialism.

    This. Well said, TheHatboxGhost.

  7. #5617

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Middle River, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    BTW, Grinning Ghost, not cool.
    What? I didn't do it. Strange & Frightening Sounds was the one that started this on Facebook, not me.

    ---------- Post added 03-30-2012 at 05:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Any kind of ghostly activity on or near the manor grounds simply does not belong, period.
    Real ghosts are always welcome! Fake cartoon ghosts are not.
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 03-30-2012 at 01:32 AM.

  8. #5618

    • Member of Baxter's Army
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Haunted Mansion
    Posts
    2,389

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    What? I didn't do it. Strange & Frightening Sounds was the one that started this on Facebook, not me.
    My mistake, I was under the impression thatyou were "Strange & Frightening Sounds". Sorry about that.

  9. #5619

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Middle River, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Nope - two different people. He's only 19. I'm 30 years older.

  10. #5620

    • Inhospitable about happy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,529

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Again, Tomorrowland is an example. It's just a shadow of its former self and is now completely dominated by blatant and excessive commercialism.
    I am in complete agreement with the sentiments and essential argument of your post, but I'm going to be a stickler for historical fact and raise a caution about this particular point. Nothing in the history of Disneyland was more blatantly commercial than the 1967 "New Tomorrowland." Because people remember that incarnation with such fondness and admiration, I think they have forgotten that it was one corporate commercial after another, integrated into the attractions themselves. I never had a problem with it, but it shouldn't be glossed over.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

    The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

  11. #5621

    • Larger Than (After)Life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    A Dusty Attic
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Real ghosts are always welcome! Fake cartoon ghosts are not.
    Outside the mansion? No.

    They'd be spoilers.

  12. #5622

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Middle River, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Outside the mansion? No.

    They'd be spoilers.
    Indeed, but are you going to argue with a real ghost, and tell him or her not to be there??? Who do you think would win that argument?

  13. #5623

    • Larger Than (After)Life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    A Dusty Attic
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Nothing in the history of Disneyland was more blatantly commercial than the 1967 "New Tomorrowland." Because people remember that incarnation with such fondness and admiration, I think they have forgotten that it was one corporate commercial after another, integrated into the attractions themselves. I never had a problem with it, but it shouldn't be glossed over.
    I haven't forgotten. But it integrated almost seamlessly and much of it was presented in the form of an exhibition, as in the "Inner Space" and "Circle-Vision" attractions. When you entered the House of Tomorrow, you actually felt like you were attending a futuristic open house. By comparison, "Innoventions" feels like a catalog showroom with a car dealership, arcade and robot sideshow upstairs. In the 1960s, the majority of the land (meaning that section of the park) adhered to its theme of "tomorrow," with hope and promises for a better future. There was even a consistency to its architecture. It was very, very innovative.

    Sadly, I think the current decision makers at Disney lack the vision to create a similar experience now. They can't even manage to theme the shops according to their lands. I get the impression that they're not trying at all.

    ---------- Post added 03-30-2012 at 09:22 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Indeed, but are you going to argue with a real ghost, and tell him or her not to be there??? Who do you think would win that argument?
    Me. I haven't lost an argument with a ghost yet.
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 03-30-2012 at 08:30 AM.

  14. #5624

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Middle River, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Indeed, but are you going to argue with a real ghost, and tell him or her not to be there??? Who do you think would win that argument?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Me. I haven't lost an argument with a ghost yet.

  15. #5625

    • Inhospitable about happy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,529

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    I never argue with ghosts, but we do have some spirited discussions.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

    The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5
    By CaitlinMcFly in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2077
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 02:45 AM
  2. Replies: 2011
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 09:50 PM
  3. Replies: 2544
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 06:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •