Page 377 of 581 FirstFirst ... 277327367374375376377378379380387427477 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 8712

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Believe it or not, I've got about three or four more pix of the birdbath (most of 'em bad quality), and that is it. Because of its placement, it's rarely seen in any exterior photos, being hidden by the trees/shrubs/fence posts on the one side and (since '95) the hearse on the other. Someone who's got a good camera and a good eye ought to do a nice photographic study of it and the garden it sits in. It's a pretty little area. And however the photos turn out, there isn't much competition.

I scrounged around and found a few more photos, so I updated the montage a little
    Last edited by HBG2; 04-05-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

If I go down there in the near future, I'll make a point of getting some nice birdbath shots.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share some shots I took on Leap Day:

Here's something you won't see off the Mansion porch everyday: television filming (specifically, Modern Family)!

by EliCubs, on Flickr

I always liked this guy. Not sure why:

by EliCubs, on Flickr

The ride stopped, so I got a chance to get a decent shot of the ballroom dancers:

by EliCubs, on Flickr

Good Ol' Blasty:

by EliCubs, on Flickr

Not a great shot, but I can't believe I was able to time the strobe effect (for once):

by EliCubs, on Flickr

I tried to get a good portrait hall shot, but this was the best I could do this time around:

_MG_3170 by EliCubs, on Flickr
    Did get a nice Medusa shot, though:

by EliCubs, on Flickr

I do wish that the Mansion was as easy to photograph as some of the other dark rides (yes, I'm just using this as an excuse to show off pictures I liked)

by EliCubs, on Flickr

Hi, I'm Scuttle. Join me on a trip through the American Songbook of the 40s and 50s, won't you?

by EliCubs, on Flickr

Ok, ok, one more Mansion shot to cleanse the palate. Really like how this came out, even though you can see me working the camera (my friend is giving thumbs up because the other friend we were with, in the next doom buggy, always complains that he never gets Ezra. So naturally we were mocking him):

by EliCubs, on Flickr

Nothing ground-breaking, but thought some of you die-hards might enjoy them anyway.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

I love the pictures from the Mansion- this is a ride I have never been able to photograph well, even with a 50mm/f1.4 lens.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Those are good shots, SD. I especially like Ol' Blasty, a tricky old cuss whom you caught in mid-flight. I keep thinking that the day could come when some thoughtless dope decides to remove him, and then we'd all wish we had a lot more photos of the Last of the Mo-heebiejeebie-cans.

In case you haven't figured it out, this is Spring Break, and teachers have extra time to fool around too. And in case you're wondering why I'm fooling around on Good Friday, I'm not being sacrilegious: next Friday is Good Friday for Orthodox.

Last edited by HBG2; 04-07-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: fix pic

• hatbox ghost believer

Gorgeous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    In case you haven't figured it out, this is Spring Break, and teachers have extra time to fool around too. And in case you're wondering why I'm fooling around on Good Friday, I'm not being sacrilegious: next Friday is Good Friday for Orthodox.

Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post

As the MOON climbs high o'er the dead oak tree, indeed!

LOL! I think Phinny feels (if not "creates") a greater draft than I.

At least, I have a long coat. Still, it is transparent.

Name:  No%u002520Pants%203.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  53.7 KB

• Minion

Who made that one?

That's the Kidney/Daily full-scale replica that was auctioned off.

• Minion

Ah, that's why it's such a good replica.

• Yoiks!

Happy Easter Everyone!

Awhile back there was a video of Carsillo defending the queue. At the time the raven was removed from the tomb. Was it replaced and was it changed in any way? Any pics? Just curious.

• Member of Baxter's Army

I just learned the supposed reason for why the Graveyard pop-ups no longer scream, Apparently WDI feels that the screams evoke carnival Haunted House Attractions.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    I just learned the supposed reason for why the Graveyard pop-ups no longer scream, Apparently WDI feels that the screams evoke carnival Haunted House Attractions.
    Ironic, as that is exactly what they were designed to do. It was a tribute to the carnival haunted house attractions, as well as act like punctuation at the end of each verse of the song.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Ironic, as that is exactly what they were designed to do. It was a tribute to the carnival haunted house attractions, as well as act like punctuation at the end of each verse of the song.
    Well, apparently the current leadership at WDI thought it was cheesy.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Well, apparently the current leadership at WDI thought it was cheesy.
    Unlike the voice work and facial performance combined with puns for Constance...nope, nothing cheesy there

But in all seriousness, I'd dearly love to have the shrieking attic heads back. At least one, even. Variety of ghouls and some genuinely startling elements is desirable, I think.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM