Page 378 of 608 FirstFirst ... 278328353368375376377378379380381388403428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 9109

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Well, apparently the current leadership at WDI thought it was cheesy.
    Source?

----------------

Some unusual views. These are just backstage photos darkened up and made more bluish to simulate show conditions, with some foreground items that were too glaringly bright toned down. Otherwise, they're pretty straightforward reproductions of the photos.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Sneak preview of next blog post.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Well, I love just the .gif, so looking forward to it!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Larger Than (After)Life

I just learned the supposed reason for why the Graveyard pop-ups no longer scream, Apparently WDI feels that the screams evoke carnival Haunted House Attractions.
    I swear, these mortals just get more and more foolish. The pop-ups' screams added to the effect and overall mood of the graveyard. They went spooktacularly with the telltale rhythm of The Bride's beating heart.

---------- Post added 04-11-2012 at 09:03 PM ----------

Well, apparently the current leadership at WDI thought it was cheesy.
    And the McMansionland Playground is not? Or flat, digital ghost projections behaving like cartoons?

Connie is borderline cheesy. Her dialogue is the whole crummy creamery!

---------- Post added 04-11-2012 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    That's the Kidney/Daily full-scale replica that was auctioned off.
    And purchased by none other than -- -- TA-DAH! -- -- Guillermo del Toro.

---------- Post added 04-11-2012 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

I love your "enhanced" images.

---------- Post added 04-11-2012 at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Unlike the voice work and facial performance combined with puns for Constance...nope, nothing cheesy there
    She's "The Bride of the MUENSTER."

• Minion

She's "The Bride of the MUENSTER."

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

I don't care if the popups are cheesy - they're bloody effective! I still get so soaked up in the atmosphere of the WDW graveyard that I forget they're coming, and jump out of my skin when they do!

Very nice Mansion thread, Thank You! I just recently came across this. Tribute to the Mansion Cast Members. Cool!

That thing is very well done, very professional.
    BTW, I believe the last guy you see before the fiery finale is GRD, Brandin Champlin.

• Minion

I think you may be right! That does look like Brandon...

Glad you liked! Nice to see the Mansion Cast Members.

Another sneak preview.

• Yoiks!

HBG2, I really love how you enhance photos. I also enjoy the collages you make.

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

Apparently, Tupac is one of the 999 Happy Haunts.
    Tupac Hologram Live At The Haunted Mansion - YouTube
    (notice: language, but an epic remix nontheless.
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele Guy View Post
    Apparently, Tupac is one of the 999 Happy Haunts.
    Tupac Hologram Live At The Haunted Mansion - YouTube
    (notice: language, but an epic remix nontheless.
    Who came up with that $#!%? That's awful. I wish I could un-watch it.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I refuse to watch that video, but the Tupac "hologram" brings up an interesting point. According to this article, the effect was accomplished using Pepper's Ghost:
    Tupac "hologram" merely pretty cool optical illusion

What's interesting to me is that using the modernization of the effect described in the article, along with some pretty advanced CGI animation, the result is a pretty convincingly three-dimensional figure. Is there an implementation that could be used to improve the new HHG effect?
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

Here's a Tokyo HM video with (bad) English translations of the Japanese Ghost Host dialogue:
    Haunted Mansion (English Subtitle) TokyoDisneyLand - YouTube

FOYER

"No one in the room door, this museum is spread in the eerie sound, regardless of hair - also. Wavering flame of the candle, to no wind. Look. The ghosts had been here as well there as well. Do it at the sight of the risk of gentleman, they are the smiling of joy."

STRETCHING ROOM
    "Ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the Haunted Mansion. I am this museum lord, ghost host. Come on, back to more... For of the end, please you a little more get filled? The other thing you cannot turn back. All starts from here. First, you see my family of this charming appearance.

What would you guys felt, a sign of this mysterious. Why optical illusion for you or whether it is growing room. But I keep looking. This room has no doors and windows also. Also in a hurry too late. Really, how can you guys come out from this room. The way I do if I come out.

This was rude. I didn't intend to threaten... This is still just the beginning. A real fear of the future, now. Suppose guide. Come together for everyone."

DOWNSTAIRS
    "Another, please don't use the flash to the absolute. The ghosts don't like strong light.

Here than are a lot of valuable books. It also just appalling thing. Marble bust of this is our ghost writer to leave a name in music history.

Here is the ghosts of 999 people live in, they waiting for come No.1000 ghosts. Those who wish to No.1000 ghost? I also say it is arbitrarily chosen. If you decide to be in with a ghost, and I'll contact you later."

UPSTAIRS
    "How long follow this corridor is don't know for me to. Become cold frosty, and searing heat to, inhospitable about happy. Quietly, hear?

Through their mind seems to have. Clan resurrection, seems to have started to preparing the Ball. I also come to enjoy. Later also, and you are."

HHG
    "I made it. Around here is that the hitchhiking ghosts come out like I forgot to mention. Although the ghosts board without permission.

Congratulations. You've ghost of the 1000th. Blessing of ghosts until you return to the palace again followed."

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM