Page 384 of 599 FirstFirst ... 284334359374381382383384385386387394409434484 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 8977

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by mansionman View Post
    Hold on i was just at WDW a week ago that sign was up i only went through the cemetery twice in the 30 plus times i rode the HM and it was mosty a walk on all the time day and night i never used a fastpass and know one was asking me four my papers.And yes its true you can Bypess the hell out of that thing almost like it wasnt even there but if it gets really busy i dont know what they may do bottlenecks could make a CM bark out orders this side for fastpass only.I hope thats not the case and i cant see a reason other then that.
    Keep in mind, though, that this new FP system is in very limited testing right now. If and when it is implemented full-scale, things could be very different. There definitely is a gate that can be closed to force left-side traffic through PLQ. My gut tells me that a large number of guests in the FP return line would lead to that gate being closed.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by hth1917 View Post
    Keep in mind, though, that this new FP system is in very limited testing right now. If and when it is implemented full-scale, things could be very different. There definitely is a gate that can be closed to force left-side traffic through PLQ. My gut tells me that a large number of guests in the FP return line would lead to that gate being closed.
    Fare enough but there still has to be a fast pass lane thats why the sign is there pointing guests to the right i would be very unhappy if i was holding a fast pass and was forced through PLQ.

• Halloween 2011

Does no one wish to counter the errors in today's MiceAge 626 column:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/the-626/31...on-part-1.html
    "He based his design on the historic Evergreen House, located in Baltimore, and took various elements from that house which are still seen today in Disneyland's version of the attraction."

Could've sworn someone just posted a link to a photo of the Shipley-Lydecker House in Baltimore, which appears to be exactly duplicated at Disneyland.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    Does no one wish to counter the errors in today's MiceAge 626 column:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/the-626/31...on-part-1.html
    "He based his design on the historic Evergreen House, located in Baltimore, and took various elements from that house which are still seen today in Disneyland's version of the attraction."

Could've sworn someone just posted a link to a photo of the Shipley-Lydecker House in Baltimore, which appears to be exactly duplicated at Disneyland.
    Ah.

I've emailed Jeff about eight errors in the piece.

Here's a handy-dandy Shipley-Lydecker graphic.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Mysterious Member

Hi there Ghost Fans,
    Quick question, was there a giant spider in the Disneyland Load area? Does anyone have any pics or proof of its existance?
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mystery_Mouse View Post
    Hi there Ghost Fans,
    Quick question, was there a giant spider in the Disneyland Load area? Does anyone have any pics or proof of its existance?
    Yes there was, and there are plenty of photos. Here's one:

That web and the spider on it came down for the first HMH in 2001, and they've never gone back up.

• Mysterious Member

Thanks HBG2, I knew I remembered seeing it as a kid. Do you have any close ups of the spider?
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Close up and 3D, if you can do the "magic eye" thing. In the early 90's they went to a more realistically colored spider (Mexican orange-kneed tarantula look).

Before that you had the orange type you used to see in the WDW HM. This is 1990:

• Member of Baxter's Army

Little bit of fun for those like myself who like to obsess over Attic props and where they are placed at what time. It appears we have an update on the infamous "Cut the Cheese" painting as coined by HBG2
    It was originally in the area which is now the Marquis tableau.
    DAVELAND HAUNTED MANSION PHOTO
    When Connie and her groom portraits came in it moved onto a chair in the George tableau.
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32...6037Medium.jpg
    Better shot.
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32...202/HM3/pp.jpg
    We can now see that it has since moved into the piano players shadow.
    http://davelandweb.com/hauntedmansio...2/DSC_0304.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    There is no doubt that he is a HM geek. He was indeed a reader of the Thread, MG13's blog (RIP) and my blog (and perhaps still is), and I'm sure he was astonished at the negative reception among so many of the hardcore fans. I know he still checks in on the Thread now and then. He's really a nice guy, quite modest, very talented. You're right; it's a tragedy. Keep in mind too that PLQ would have been worse—possibly much worse—if it hadn't been for pushback from the Carsillo team with regard to some of the awful ideas handed to them. There is no need to demonize them (and mea culpa, I was guilty of some of that a year ago).

We've been over this ground before. Their hearts were in the right place, but IMO they were just dead wrong about the fundamental concepts of the HM, and their rapture over being allowed to work on their beloved HM overcame their judgment, to the extent that they couldn't keep themselves out of the show. PLQ is basically a fan's tribute to the attraction, and that's something that should never be a part of the attraction itself.
    Well unfortunately POTC at WDW is supposedly next. There is actually a rather interesting thread going on at magic with a lot of interesting arguments over the interactive Queues, Pro and con. Pirates Queue - Page 12 - WDWMAGIC.COM Forums

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Here's one for your Mansion files, HBG2:

Haunted Mansion by Loren Javier, on Flickr

Make that perhaps two modern photos of the slightly boring dresser before the attic.

From that same set it seems that a certain small portrait which had the distinction of being possibly the single longest attic prop left in the same place (Near the pillar before the piano, Virtually where Reginald is now ) where it resided from 1969 thru 2005 at least but disappeared (at least out of sight) during the 06 Constance switchover. As we can see in this photo we can see it has re-appeared in the Frank Tableau.
    Haunted Mansion | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    It also seems the infamous wicker suitcase last seen in front of Constance has moved again.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorenja...ream/lightbox/

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    From that same set it seems that a certain small portrait which had the distinction of being possibly the single longest attic prop left in the same place (Near the pillar before the piano, Virtually where Reginald is now ) where it resided from 1969 thru 2005 at least but disappeared (at least out of sight) during the 06 Constance switchover. As we can see in this photo we can see it has re-appeared in the Frank Tableau.
    If you're thinking of this one, maybe look again. They don't look the same to me.

---------- Post added 05-17-2012 at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Here's one for your Mansion files, HBG2:

Haunted Mansion by Loren Javier, on Flickr

Make that perhaps two modern photos of the slightly boring dresser before the attic.
    I love Loren Javier's photos, because he likes to zero in on odd details, and the photos are always very high rez.

If you're thinking of this one, maybe look again. They don't look the same to me.

I don't know , they look awfully similar to me.

• Minion

These three are all the same picture. There's a divided light window on the left edge of the three images. However, they do not match the picture shown here:

There's a cherub on the left in this one.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM