Page 389 of 727 FirstFirst ... 289339364379386387388389390391392399414439489 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 10900

• Banned User

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Man, what is WITH those people who won't stop messing with the Orlando Mansion? It's like a scab they can't stop picking.
    Have you been there? The Orlando Mansion is a better version of the ride. I'm glad they "messed with it."

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

He hates Aaron Burr?

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Have you been there? The Orlando Mansion is a better version of the ride. I'm glad they "messed with it."
    On the inside, yes., On the outside eh, not so much.

• Minion

I don't mind new ideas, but they'd be better in new rides. If Nightmare Before Christmas is so popular, why not a new NBC ride with full-body projections, new hitchhiking ghost effect and interactive queue (where it would fit really well), instead of retrofitting them into the HM and losing the original effects/affects? Too similar to HM? Put it in DCA or the Florida equivalent.

• Minion

Man, what is WITH those people who won't stop messing with the Orlando Mansion? It's like a scab they can't stop picking.
    Yeah, I've been there. I'm a East Coaster, so Orlando is my home Mansion. She'd a beauty, all right, but like a beautiful woman who keeps going back for more plastic surgery, sometimes too much is too much.

Where can I learn more about the 13 references to HMH in Orlando's Haunted mansion?

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
    Where can I learn more about the 13 references to HMH in Orlando's Haunted mansion?
    My CM source simply says that the Imagineers hid 13 HMH references for the CM's to find, as a gesture of appreciation for their cooperation. Some have been spotted by guests, and others can only be found by CM's as they are not anywhere that a guest could see. The Jack Skellington face on MG was the last of the 13 to be found.

Beyond that, you can read about several other hidden references that have been found HERE and HERE. That's as much as I know. I'm not aware of any other discussions out there.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Banned User

Yeah, I've been there. I'm a East Coaster, so Orlando is my home Mansion. She'd a beauty, all right, but like a beautiful woman who keeps going back for more plastic surgery, sometimes too much is too much.
    "She" is better than the Disneyland version is several ways, which I hope I don't have to list after all this time. The Orlando version was already superior even before the new HHG and queue (which I happen to like). While I never miss HM on either coast, I get pretty frustrated that Connie 2.0, the Stretching Room surround sound and other improvements are still inexplicably missing from Disneyland.

Oh, and to paraphrase an oft-expressed sentiment on Mice Chat...rides are not museum pieces.

• Minion

Oh, and to paraphrase an oft-expressed sentiment on Mice Chat...rides are not museum pieces.
    I don't think anyone has been saying the Mansion should remain a "museum piece". The real issue is that they're going improvement and enhancement crazy. They simply add things because they can, with little regard to the impact of the show experience. Most will agree that the majority of the 2007 enhancements were truly enhancements, while the more recent additions are just there with total disregard to logic or flow of the show.

• Minion

Can you point me to somenody who suggested they were? Certainly wasn't me.

• Inhospitable about happy

Can you point me to somenody who suggested they were? Certainly wasn't me.
    I believe the term is "straw man argument."
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Back to the DL Mansion, I think I figured out the missing narration problem I mentioned before.

The narration is triggered every three cars and every other group of three misses the first "We find it delightfully unlivable..." piece. It seems that if your vehicle number (visible when boarding) is one, two or three greater than a multiple of six then you will hear it, otherwise not -- i.e., vehicles 7, 8 and 9 (6+1, 6+2, 6+3) get it while 10, 11 and 12 (6+4, 6+5, 6*2) do not. Likewise, 37, 38 and 39 are good while 40, 41 and 42 are out of luck.

Last Saturday I decided to ride it until I discovered the pattern, jotting down all the vehicle numbers I was in and whether or not they played that piece. I was lucky enough to be on vehicle 4 (missing) and heard it coming from 3, giving me the idea for the above formula which I applied to previous rides and it fit. Successive rides involved letting others go in front of me to get into a "good" number and it worked. I was on 38 twice by coincidence and it played both times, also 115 and 116 both played it (114 being 6x19). It took me back to high school trips when my friends and I would try to reverse-engineer the rides (I guess I'm still doing that).

I didn't mention it to anyone working there. I don't know how that would go over.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I believe the term is "straw man argument."
    Not really. The "Disney parks are not museums" argument has been advanced countless times on these boards, in response to the contingent of purists who complain anytime there is a change to the content of an attraction. It happened with the Jack Sparrow additions to Pirates, the characters added to Small World, and many of the HM changes.

Heck, some are STILL complaining about the NBC overlay! I prefer the "classic" ride, but it was fun to experience something different on my last DLR trip. I also couldn't help noticing that this was the first time I EVER needed a Fast Pass for the Mansion! The NBC overlay is popular, it's been embraced by the public and AP holders, but some of you still grouse about it, as if that will make any difference. Every year, when the Mansion goes down for the overlay, posts pop up complaining about it. Get over it. Disney is catering to the general public, not a small clique of purists.

Similarly, when I went to Orlando last May, I saw lots of people having fun with the interactive queue, and the delighted reactions of people experiencing the interactive HHGs. Yet, Grinning Ghost claims to speak for "most" people when he decries those changes. If he means most regular posters on the "Long Forgotten" threads, maybe he's right. If he means most people who actually experience the effects in person, that's not what I saw at all.

Thanks. I will keep an eye out on my next trip

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

People have the right to like or dislike changes to the Mansion or other attractions, and for folks who like elements I may not, more power to them is my way of thinking. I don't expect to win such over, and respect difference of opinion...all I'd want back is the right to state my dislike reasonably (there is no malice or saying, people who like the new HHG's or HMH overlay are wrong forever/mistaken that I have seen, it's personal taste and aesthetic choice) without being talked down to because of it or being told to 'get over it' just because someone else likes a theme park element I don't

Live and let live, and all that.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM