Page 391 of 591 FirstFirst ... 291341366381388389390391392393394401416441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 8864

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Another story from a former CM. It seems that at WDW they had a maintenance guy who used to dress up occasionally in cloak and top hat, and after checking to make sure no quality control people were riding the HM, he would walk back and forth in the Endless Hall between the third doors down on each side, both of which are real doors and left unlocked. Those are the last doors before the first scrim. The left one goes right down to the maintenance bay. People would see this cloaked figure in a top hat exit one door, stride across the hall, and exit through the opposite door.
    if I worked at the HM, every day would be a battle, fighting the temptation to do just that!

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Years ago (possibly decades) I remember seeing a CM in the attic, just standing in the dark to the side and watching the buggies go by. Was that a monitoring position or did I happen to catch a cast member passing through the attic for some reason?

I was lucky enough to be there for the live suit of armor in the COD in 1986 and that was something, let me tell you.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Years ago (possibly decades) I remember seeing a CM in the attic, just standing in the dark to the side and watching the buggies go by. Was that a monitoring position or did I happen to catch a cast member passing through the attic for some reason?

I was lucky enough to be there for the live suit of armor in the COD in 1986 and that was something, let me tell you.
    I've never heard of a CM being stationed in the attic, other than the 30th anniversary special ride-thru in 1999 in which CM's were all over the place.

I was lucky enough to see the hall knight too. Pretty startling.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Halloween 2011

Joe Madellana of SciFi's Hollywood Treasures is also an apparent Mansion maniac. A recent visit through his personal collection shows three old friends (which he never bothers to mention). My guess is that they were park-used judging from the sooty appearance of Gus' beard, and probably came from Walt Disney World when they Hitchhiking Ghosts behind the mirrors were removed.
    The Yo Show - Yahoo! omg!

These? Sold for $38,000 at the 2011 D23 Expo. They're similarly "sooty" in both videos.

They all seem to be mounted similarly. Perhaps if you bought a set they came that way.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Some good news and bad news about upcoming Mansion merchandise.

Bad (and a Florida exclusive item): Magic Kingdom's Haunted Mansion Graveyard Mystery Set

For Disneyland's Halloween season and rather good: A Glimpse at Disney Parks Merchandise on the Horizon Disney Parks Blog

The 'Good old Fred' tombstone is my favorite, hopefully they'll have more than just those three.

• Minion

Not overly fond of the Leota snowglobe. Too stylized and cartoony for me.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Not overly fond of the Leota snowglobe. Too stylized and cartoony for me.
    I agree but that doesn't even look like a photograph (the interior), to my eyes. It looks like a flat drawing as opposed to what would almost certainly be a sculpted piece. Fairly sure it's a product concept drawing with the piece not finished yet.

Could someone point me to some pics of the ghost who is bricking himself up in the graveyard? I've searched all over the place and can't find diddly.

Quote Originally Posted by mechagrover View Post
    Could someone point me to some pics of the ghost who is bricking himself up in the graveyard? I've searched all over the place and can't find diddly.
    I didn't know his name was Diddly. Learn something new every day.

There's a pic HERE.

A few more:

• Minion

I didn't know his name was Diddly. Learn something new every day.

There's a pic HERE.

A few more:

...and his last name is Squat....

These appear to be two different ones. The brick openings don't match up. Which one is where?

Top is DL
    Bottom is WDW

Thanks! I even checked your site but I guess I didn't use the right keywords

Top is DL
    Bottom is WDW
    I noticed on a video that the WDW moves left and right as well as rotating. Does the DL one only rotate? It doesn't look like there's enough room in the opening for the same movement.

Quote Originally Posted by mechagrover View Post
    Thanks! I even checked your site but I guess I didn't use the right keywords

I noticed on a video that the WDW moves left and right as well as rotating. Does the DL one only rotate? It doesn't look like there's enough room in the opening for the same movement.
    I think the DL one only rotates (that's Diddly Squat), while WDW does have the additional horizontal movement (I believe his name is Jack). I don't know either of those gentlemen personally.

A little brick-arm trivia. They used that crypt as a neutral backdrop for the series of Yale Gracey publicity shots showing him with the king seated on the tombstone, but in one of those shots they decided to make Mr. Squat the star of the show.

---------- Post added 06-19-2012 at 10:29 PM ----------

And now, the "blame it on the wine" post of the day:

When Dracula picks his nose.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM