Page 394 of 608 FirstFirst ... 294344369384391392393394395396397404419444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 9106

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    HM tribute art show starts tomorrow night @ Halloween Town in Burbank.
    I love that store! Maybe my GF and I can stop by there and see the art.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

This audio thread is closed:
    Madame leota line is back

... so here's an updated list based on my weekly rides since January (and multiple rides over two days in the past week):

"All our ghosts have been dying to meet you. This one can hardly contain himself."

"Unfortunately, they all seem to have trouble getting through. Perhaps Madame Leota can establish contact. She has a remarkable head for materializing the disembodied."

1) Aug 1969—ca. Sept 1969........Lines are in (less than a month)
    2) ca. Sept 1969—Sept 1995.......Lines are out (26 years)
    3) Sept 1995—May 2006.............Lines are in (11 years)
    4) May 2006—Jan 2008...............Lines are out
    5) Jan 2008............Very briefly, after HMH, the 1st line is in but not the 2nd
    6) Jan 2008—Jan 2012................Lines are out
    7) Jan 2012.............................Lines are in (after HMH; probably temporarily)
    8) Feb 2012 ...........................Lines are out
    9) June 2012 ...............Lines are in (in half the buggies, only up to "getting through")

As mentioned in my previous post, you either get "We find it delightfully unlivable..." or "All our ghosts . . . getting through" but not both (alternating by groups of three buggies, I love figuring out the technical stuff). Although this makes the ride a bit random like Star Tours (HM - the Adventures Continue?) the HM designers added the random element of the hitchhiking ghosts so it's not without precedent, I suppose. It's better to have something playing in the half of the buggies that miss the first piece of narration, in any case.
    Last edited by bigcatrik; 07-01-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smellyorangutan
    HM tribute art show starts tomorrow night @ Halloween Town in Burbank.
    I went on Saturday night to check it out.
    Here's one of the pieces. "Haunted Mansion Bride of Frankenstein"

THE BLOGARRAGA: "Haunted Mansion Bride of Frankenstein"

Saw two Rick Baker paintings: the Hatbox Ghost and a graveyard pop-up.

---------- Post added 07-02-2012 at 05:48 PM ----------

Speaking of which...

---------- Post added 07-02-2012 at 05:55 PM ----------

William Basso:

The Creep:

Curioddities:

Dienzo:

Hideousboi:

Eric Pigors:

Queenie:

Wolfinger:

Zombienose:

Dan Szczepanski:

(These pics are all from Halloween Town's FB page: Halloween Town - Local Business - Burbank, CA | Facebook)
    Last edited by SmellyOrangutan; 07-02-2012 at 04:57 PM.

• Inhospitable about happy

bigcatrik, don't think that your labors are not appreciated. That's interesting stuff you're coming up with.

Smelly, I have to say that the artwork varies wildly in quality, IMO. Some is very good and some is . . . not so much. It's funny that Baker has depicted consciously or unconsciously the least appreciated and the most revered ghosties in his two paintings.

As a heads up, fyi, the next two blogs will be on the ballroom dishes and the stretchroom gargoyles. With regard to the latter, I had a 99% completed post swallowed up and destroyed by Blogger and had to redo it from scratch. Ugh.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Here's a couple of 3Ds from a 1988 video that turned out very nice.

They're from that Elvira clip in the HM ballroom in which she promotes her "new" movie (hence the date, 1988). It starts with a nice long pan from the table to the sofa placed over on the right just for this video. Very easy to make excellent 3Ds.

Some of you may be saying, "You made a 3D from a video clip of Elvira and DIDN'T show her?? Of all the actresses I'd like to see in three dimensions..."

But chill. First, she's got two D's, not three, and second, Disney made her cover it all up with her hair anyway, so what's the point?
    Last edited by HBG2; 07-04-2012 at 05:03 PM.

• Forgotten Spirit

I can confirm the "All of our ghosts.."

I actually went to this thread tonight to post about it and was surprised to see others heard it too.

Every time I go on with my dad, I tend to recite those lines to him as soon as we reach the conservatory xD so I was somewhat shocked to actually hear them for the first time in person.

However like the others said, it doesn't play "We find it delightfully unlivable" if you get the other lines.

Fyi, if you were wondering, I was in doombuggy 108

• TTA Traveler

This thread is still going on? How many years has it been, 6?

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    question: total number of doombuggies?

anyone planning on making a checklist and riding in every single one?

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    bigcatrik, don't think that your labors are not appreciated. That's interesting stuff you're coming up with.
    Thanks, but if riding the HM becomes something I think of as "labor" then I doubt many more observations will be forthcoming. ;-) I'm starting to get interested in the pop-up ghost timings, five of which are predictable but two seem to respond to either instruments or lyrics. I'm not sure if I want to relinquish their ability to startle me, though. I think it's my favorite part of the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    I can confirm the "All of our ghosts.."
    To which I would reply, of course, 108 is a multiple of 6. If you divide the doom buggies into two alternating groups of three like this:
    Group A: 1-3, 7-9, 13-15, , etc. 127-129,
    Group B: 4-6, 10-12, 16-18, etc. 130-131

then Group A hears "We find it.." and Group B hears "All our ghosts..."

As a formula it becomes:
    Group A = the three numbers following a multiple of six (remembering that 0 = 6*0)
    Group B = the three numbers including any multiple of six and the two preceding numbers (though there's no #132)

I've found this pattern to be delightfully unlivable consistent since I discovered it, initially before the "All our ghosts..." lines reappeared, when I would try to avoid the Group B buggies because they were narrationless until the "sympathetic vibrations" line. Now I don't particularly mind which group I'm in. It doesn't feel like I'm getting gypped either way.

I'm not eager for the holiday overlay (which is less than two months away -- get your rides in now, folks) but I wonder how/if the audio will play out then or if it will be made consistent, assuming the audio isn't altered beforehand (if anyone with keys to the HM's audio triggers or playback equipment is lurking around here!).

...I was just there a few weeks ago and they had "Perhaps Madame Leota can establish contact." unless you guys are talking about florida...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Ray View Post
    Nah. Thread 7 has only been going since May 04, 2010.

Ryan Gosling has good taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Ray View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Nah. Thread 7 has only been going since May 04, 2010.
    On the other hand, if you consider them all as one long thread broken into parts by necessity (which is reasonable enough), it's been going since March 6, 2007. Five years and four months. Out. Rage. Us.

I know this was a big deal a while ago, and I just found it, so for what it's worth, the WDW HM poster:

• Minion

Some Mansion artifacts are going up for auction at the Animation Auction this year.

A Pop-Up Ghost Head: Profiles in History

And the mask of the ghost sitting on the Ballroom's fireplace mantel:
    Profiles in History
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM