Page 403 of 618 FirstFirst ... 303353378393400401402403404405406413428453503 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 9268

• The 1000th Happy Haunt

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    Yep, needs to go away.
    Same here.

• en pace

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I was over at the Tours Departing Daily gallery "ooohing" and "aaaaahing" at the HDR wonderment that is this picture of the HM foyer, when I noticed the floor...

Disneyland Resort Gallery

I've looked at this floor many times, and noticed the spiderweb design, but until now I have not asked "Why?" Is it there for kicks? Or perhaps it's supposed to highlight the pattern in the wood, supposing the implication of the web was not obvious enough before? Perhaps this was discussed before and I missed it. If so, for my sake...

What's with the black lines?

Note: Check it out in X3Large!
    "I keep telling people not to lick the bats, but do they listen? Ha."
    - HBG2

• Minion

They've thrown a Sparky Tombstone into the Pet Cemetary to promote Frankenweenie this Haunted Mansion Holiday. Or at least I hope it's just a Holiday thing.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Inhospitable about happy

Spider web designs were popular during the Victorian era, so that in itself isn't terribly significant. I'm sure the black bordering of the (very handsome) woodwork is to highlight the design.

Great photo; thx for calling attention to it.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Bad news from WDW, In order to avoid PLQ now you have to have booked a fastpass+ months in advance now. Most guests will be forced to go through it. I know I will be listening to my IPod trying to mentally block PLQ out to the best of my ability on my next trip.

• Just drawn that way

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    They've thrown a Sparky Tombstone into the Pet Cemetary to promote Frankenweenie this Haunted Mansion Holiday. Or at least I hope it's just a Holiday thing.
    Anyone have a photo of this?
    I missed last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Bad news from WDW, In order to avoid PLQ now you have to have booked a fastpass+ months in advance now. Most guests will be forced to go through it. I know I will be listening to my IPod trying to mentally block PLQ out to the best of my ability on my next trip.
    sarc Wow, just imagine. Forcing people into PLQ? No one around here saw THAT one coming. /sarc

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    Anyone have a photo of this?
    I missed last weekend.

Very subtle. I like it.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Very subtle. I like it.
    I sure hope its temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    I sure hope its temporary.
    I'm pretty sure it is. The "Fifi" tombstone was inspired by the "Sparky" tombstone in the original Frankenweenie, which looks a lot like this new one. It would be dumb to have this one stay there, right by Fifi. They're too similar.

• Just drawn that way

I do like it for a temporary fix.....nice touch of the fresh dug look....

I was also curious about the monkey with the symbols? This must be a Holiday thing as well?
    I, sadly enough, hardly get to see that beautiful part of the cue.

• Yoiks!

The monkey is a HMH addition. Originally, there were some toy monkeys in the attic but the motors kept burning out. They took one and made it into a statue. I think there is now an Oogie cymbal clashing toy in the attic (dressed like a monkey).

• Just drawn that way

Quote Originally Posted by Kreepy Karl View Post
    The monkey is a HMH addition. Originally, there were some toy monkeys in the attic but the motors kept burning out. They took one and made it into a statue. I think there is now an Oogie cymbal clashing toy in the attic (dressed like a monkey).
    Thanks!
    I knew about the ones in the attic....just never noticed this outside! =)

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Kreepy Karl View Post
    The silly part is, they knew the first time they put the batch of Cymbal Monkeys in HMH that they wouldn't last very long - those little brush-type DC motors only have a rated run time of a few hundred hours total, and even then are only rated for intermittent duty...

If you rebuild the mechanism with a proper Brushless DC or Induction motor driving the mechanism, then they can be permanent ride props and run all day, every day for a few months. But then they go from a $20 novelty to a $5,000 or so (each) custom.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

A few rarely-photographed elements from the Florida exterior cemetery (compared to the countless close-up of the Dredd family busts, ugh):

Haunted Mansion Graveyard by toritoons, on Flickr

Visible is the rather silly 'Ezra' headstone and some for the singing busts. No good angle of the original Anderson character headstones though, sadly.

Haunted Mansion Graveyard by toritoons, on Flickr

Was this griffin found/noticed before and then easily forgotten? Looks to be shoved up against the extreme right of the graveyard, directly against the house: might well have to lean way in and look back through the fence to see it. Assuming this is somewhere behind the Leota tombstone and over to the side.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM