Page 404 of 618 FirstFirst ... 304354379394401402403404405406407414429454504 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 9267

• whatever

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Saw this on Tumblr this morning and had to share it with you guys. Lol

Last edited by hauntedmotion; 10-13-2013 at 02:59 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

And a reminder that some people only know who Gracey is from the tombstone outside or fan-fiction writing. Oh well, it is specialized knowledge after all given he is a Imagineer who hasn't been active for 20 years and not a 'name' they use to publicize things, a la Tony Baxter.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Quote Originally Posted by hauntedmotion View Post
    Saw this on Tumblr this morning and had to share it with you guys.

That's no ordinary Disney worker. That's Yale Gracey!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    A few rarely-photographed elements from the Florida exterior cemetery (compared to the countless close-up of the Dredd family busts, ugh):

Haunted Mansion Graveyard by toritoons, on Flickr

Visible is the rather silly 'Ezra' headstone and some for the singing busts. No good angle of the original Anderson character headstones though, sadly.

Haunted Mansion Graveyard by toritoons, on Flickr

Was this griffin found/noticed before and then easily forgotten? Looks to be shoved up against the extreme right of the graveyard, directly against the house: might well have to lean way in and look back through the fence to see it. Assuming this is somewhere behind the Leota tombstone and over to the side.
    Nice look at some of the few things they did right.

• Inhospitable about happy

Those are nice. Several items undetectable in other photos can be seen in some of these. The griffon has been there from the beginning as part of the PLQ installation.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

And a reminder that some people only know who Gracey is from the tombstone outside or fan-fiction writing. Oh well, it is specialized knowledge after all given he is a Imagineer who hasn't been active for 20 years and not a 'name' they use to publicize things, a la Tony Baxter.
    Well, there is a good reason Yale Gracey hasn't been active lately: he's been dead for nearly 30 years! (1910 - 1983) Doesn't surprise me at all that he's virtually unknown outside the HM fans.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Well, there is a good reason Yale Gracey hasn't been active lately: he's been dead for nearly 30 years! (1910 - 1983) Doesn't surprise me at all that he's virtually unknown outside the HM fans.
    Well, obviously, the not-of-this-earthly plane reason was one I left off due being...well, obvious, heh. Just always struck me as ironic as he has a distinctive name probably every Magic Kingdom regular knows, but that it is not realized by many he was an actual person and not just a fan-fiction invention. (as the name is used by folks on down from the official HM movie to Phantom Manor-esque tragic romance/love triangle type stories)

I like that pic of the griffin. Not to knock Marc Davis or anything, but I feel that over the past two years, Imagineers have been favoring the "funny", more than the scary. I feel that Claude Coats' influences had been greatly lessened after that new interactive enhancement. Someday, I'd like to get in there and emphasize on the scary-yet-unseen feel that Claude Coats had set on opening day (ex. the Corridor Of Doors). True, it is Disney Oriented, and humor plays a vital role in the Disney empire, however in a "haunted" setting, it is expected that things are to jump out and scare you. The mansion (in my opinion) has lost that "Mild-But-Wild" thrill, but is still undeniably number one.
    Last edited by TheGhoulishMortal; 09-20-2012 at 07:04 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

The Corridor of Doors at Disneyland is still pretty top-notch, seems to me, in terms of 'unseen menace' and unusual atmosphere. Love it. Just a shame it lost the other bookend to that section, the silent/beating heart bride attic scene with shrieking pop-up heads. The beating heart sound effect and gradually getting-louder screams tended to amp up the apprehension as you got nearer and the room was originally lit much darker, as I recall.

Leota doesn't seem antagonistic on her own, but mysterious of purpose, and the ballroom ghosts were not directing energy at you: just kind of off doing their own thing, maybe repeating past events. The attic spirits were decisively not friendly or at least having fun by startling you, with the bride either malignant or indifferent yet still eerie.

The Corridor of Doors at Disneyland is still pretty top-notch, seems to me, in terms of 'unseen menace' and unusual atmosphere. Love it. Just a shame it lost the other bookend to that section, the silent/beating heart bride attic scene with shrieking pop-up heads. The beating heart sound effect and gradually getting-louder screams tended to amp up the apprehension as you got nearer and the room was originally lit much darker, as I recall.

Leota doesn't seem antagonistic on her own, but mysterious of purpose, and the ballroom ghosts were not directing energy at you: just kind of off doing their own thing, maybe repeating past events. The attic spirits were decisively not friendly or at least having fun by startling you, with the bride either malignant or indifferent yet still eerie.
    Yeah, I enjoyed the ghouls in the attic. I mean, I do like the whole Constance thing because of the black nature of that effect, but I think the ghouls were a tad bit more effective. The whole "I Do!" thing at Disneyland was somewhat quirky. The grisly howl is what caught my fancy.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Those are nice. Several items undetectable in other photos can be seen in some of these. The griffon has been there from the beginning as part of the PLQ installation.
    I still have not seen any photographs of the Priscilla headstone.

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

In my opinion, the best of all Haunted Mansions and still is. Which is found at Tokyo Disneyland, this was filmed on May 2012. The effects, the ghosts, and the sounds are still there since it opened on 1983. With no edits and cuts! The animatronics of the ghosts at the Graveyard Scene have more movement and fluid/smoother animations. While the original Haunted Mansion at Disneyland is still a beloved classic and the first. TDL currently still beats the original DL HM!

Night vision with Japanese subtitles.

Low-light recording.
    Last edited by LangenFox; 09-20-2012 at 11:38 PM.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    I still have not seen any photographs of the Priscilla headstone.
    Now you have.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Who is Priscilla?

• I'm a Lutheran

I agree with LagenFox. Tokyo does things right and their HM is no exception. Even their HMH is better, lol.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM