Page 405 of 596 FirstFirst ... 305355380395402403404405406407408415430455505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 8927

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Who is Priscilla?
    The sea captain's bride in Ken Anderson's first haunted house script.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    I agree with LagenFox. Tokyo does things right and their HM is no exception. Even their HMH is better, lol.
    Actually, I think TDL's mansion is even better than the original WDW used to be. I like the 3D painting in the Corridor Of Doors, but I feel the reason why it's only at Tokyo is because it's a pain in the @$$ to repaint the face all the time due to the stretching and pulling and it being made of latex. The only thing that doesn't match TDL with WDW is the dialogue and the original headstones paying tribute to the Imagineers involved.
    Last edited by TheGhoulishMortal; 09-21-2012 at 09:58 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhoulishMortal View Post
    Actually, I think TDL's mansion is even better than the original WDW used to be. I like the 3D painting in the Corridor Of Doors, but I feel the reason why it's only at Tokyo is because it's a pain in the @$$ to repaint the face all the time due to the stretching and pulling and it being made of latex.
    I don't believe they actually paint the face on the latex; more likely it's simply printed on, so they can make a bunch at a time.

I don't believe they actually paint the face on the latex; more likely it's simply printed on, so they can make a bunch at a time.
    Really? I was told a while back (give or take three years) that they had to go in there every so often to apply a new face. But you may be right, or at least I believe you. They do it with the stretching portraits now: as prints rather than paintings.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhoulishMortal View Post
    Actually, I think TDL's mansion is even better than the original WDW used to be. I like the 3D painting in the Corridor Of Doors, but I feel the reason why it's only at Tokyo is because it's a pain in the @$$ to repaint the face all the time due to the stretching and pulling and it being made of latex. The only thing that doesn't match TDL with WDW is the dialogue and the original headstones paying tribute to the Imagineers involved.
    Also exterior details such as the tombs broken out of and the griffins outside.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

According to GRD, it's painted on. Has to be repainted every couple of weeks. They just do it.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Now you have.

Would it kill them to write an epitaph? That has always confued me about the graves for the hitchhikers busts and Anderson characters were the show writers just too lazy to come up with epitaphs? It would be one way to raise my opinion of the non-objectionable elements of PLQ substantially.
    Last edited by HMF; 09-21-2012 at 06:37 PM.

These were kept vague because they are really secret-handshake signals to the hard-core fans, "I'm one of you!" No one else would know what a simple "Priscilla" means. That's one of the sad ironies of PLQ: they hoped that it would be most appreciated by precisely the group that in fact disliked it the most.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    These were kept vague because they are really secret-handshake signals to the hard-core fans, "I'm one of you!" No one else would know what a simple "Priscilla" means. That's one of the sad ironies of PLQ: they hoped that it would be most appreciated by precisely the group that in fact disliked it the most.
    I understand that but if you are going to go through all the trouble of putting them there at least be somewhat creative about it. All the existing stones had epitaphs so just putting a simple name on them just seems like lazy show writing. Then again the creative team would probably say I am thinking about it too much but I would think that near-obsessively thinking about every detail would be part of a WDI job requirement. As of right now they are simply Fan Service rather than a unifying show element which is exactly the same problem with all of PLQ but thankfully unlike the costly interactive additions this could easily be fixed, not that they actually plan to fix them.

• Cunning infiltrator

You can take the mansion out of the ghost, but you can't take the ghost out of the mansion.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• How's My Playing, Hattie?

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    You can take the mansion out of the ghost, but you can't take the ghost out of the mansion.
    Tell that to our hat-loving friend.

Glad to be making my debut in The Thread.

Sorry if I'm off topic, interrupting, or something like that. But I would like to know what your perfect HHG lineup is. As in, which of each HHG do you prefer. Here's mine:
    Name:  Hitchiking Ghosts.png
Views: 302
Size:  223.0 KB
    Phineas: Current DL
    Ezra: Current WDW
    Gus: Original DL

Again, I apologize if this is silly and I'm completely interrupting.
    How many times can you listen to Baroque Hoedown until you completely lose it?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PianoGhost View Post
    Sorry if I'm off topic, interrupting, or something like that. But I would like to know what your perfect HHG lineup is. As in, which of each HHG do you prefer. Here's mine:
    Name:  Hitchiking Ghosts.png
Views: 302
Size:  223.0 KB
    Phineas: Current DL
    Ezra: Current WDW
    Gus: Original DL

Again, I apologize if this is silly and I'm completely interrupting.
    Mine are the current Disneyland ones.

Just going to throw it out there, I don't like the CGI's, but you know, the new animatronics aren't bad.

The thing I've noticed about the HHGs over the different ones is the originals look like they dug out of their graves and are trying to escape the mansion. They have a dirty look to them. While the current DL and WDW are clean, no dirty look. I don't know if this is a bad thing or a good thing, though.
    How many times can you listen to Baroque Hoedown until you completely lose it?

Quote Originally Posted by PianoGhost View Post
    Just going to throw it out there, I don't like the CGI's, but you know, the new animatronics aren't bad.

The thing I've noticed about the HHGs over the different ones is the originals look like they dug out of their graves and are trying to escape the mansion. They have a dirty look to them. While the current DL and WDW are clean, no dirty look. I don't know if this is a bad thing or a good thing, though.
    Yes. Those HHG look cleaner and move more easily, however it doesn't make up for the interactivity shortly thereafter. I'm not too keen on having holograms in the mansion, because that's a typical, obvious statement that Disney would stoop to something so carnival-like. I'm more hyped on the mystifying feeling of illusions that are so complicated, the average human wouldn't know or expect it. Even though the carousel ghosts only sat and looked at you, it was a more magical feeling than flat animations.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM