Page 406 of 586 FirstFirst ... 306356381396403404405406407408409416431456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 8789

• How's My Playing, Hattie?

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Yes. Those HHG look cleaner and move more easily, however it doesn't make up for the interactivity shortly thereafter. I'm not too keen on having holograms in the mansion, because that's a typical, obvious statement that Disney would stoop to something so carnival-like. I'm more hyped on the mystifying feeling of illusions that are so complicated, the average human wouldn't know or expect it. Even though the carousel ghosts only sat and looked at you, it was a more magical feeling than flat animations.
    I've always felt the DL mansion should be kept true to the original, and the WDW, they can do whatever the hell they want. But let's focus more on the animatronics and not the CGIs.
    Last edited by PianoGhost; 09-22-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    How many times can you listen to Baroque Hoedown until you completely lose it?

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by PianoGhost View Post
    I've always felt the DL mansion should be kept true to the original,
    Nowadays the idea of preservation and restoration of important original works (film, art, architecture, etc.) is considered desirable but unfortunately that view hasn't been applied to rides (though Florida's Tiki Room and DL's Lincoln should be mentioned).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhoulishMortal View Post
    I'm not too keen on having holograms in the mansion, because that's a typical, obvious statement that Disney would stoop to something so carnival-like.
    Glad you're not to keen on the holograms, because there are none used in the Mansion. What you're referring to are simply video screens at WDW.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    According to GRD, it's painted on. Has to be repainted every couple of weeks. They just do it.
    Routine Maintenance?!? *monocle pop*

That's un-American!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Glad you're not to keen on the holograms, because there are none used in the Mansion. What you're referring to are simply video screens at WDW.
    My bad. I'm very old school and traditional, so I don't get very hyped-up about most digital effects. However, I'm glad you acknowledge my opinion.

• Inhospitable about happy

Actually, they're LOLograms.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhoulishMortal View Post
    My bad. I'm very old school and traditional, so I don't get very hyped-up about most digital effects. However, I'm glad you acknowledge my opinion.
    I suppose that makes me "old school" at the ripe old age of 25. I would have called them "holograms", too! Silly us for not knowing technical terms!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    In my opinion, the best of all Haunted Mansions and still is. Which is found at Tokyo Disneyland, this was filmed on May 2012. The effects, the ghosts, and the sounds are still there since it opened on 1983. With no edits and cuts! The animatronics of the ghosts at the Graveyard Scene have more movement and fluid/smoother animations. While the original Haunted Mansion at Disneyland is still a beloved classic and the first. TDL currently still beats the original DL HM!

Night vision with Japanese subtitles.

Low-light recording.
    Wait, you mean the Toyko mansion still has the old attic, and NO constance? I gotta get a ticket! LOL

Tokyo HM = Orlando HM from, say, 10 years ago, caught in a time warp, well-maintained, with a sprinkling of extra effects in the library and COD, and with livelier animatronics.

The day may come when the mark of the true HM fan will be . . . Japanese lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Tokyo HM = Orlando HM from, say, 10 years ago, caught in a time warp, well-maintained, with a sprinkling of extra effects in the library and COD, and with livelier animatronics.

The day may come when the mark of the true HM fan will be . . . Japanese lessons.

My cousins are japanese and they go a lot! (They live in the US.) Except I don't like japanese food!!!!!!!!! Damn it, so close!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PianoGhost View Post
    My cousins are japanese and they go a lot! (They live in the US.) Except I don't like japanese food!!!!!!!!! Damn it, so close!
    Sure is nice to know you have someone to stay with and to show you around, and I'd bet they have food other than Japanese food at the park (I have no idea, but I'm guessing). You should totally take advantage of your benefits and go!!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Yoiks!

I had a Turkey leg at Tokyo Disney. They (and the rest of Tokyo) have non-Japanese foods.

Something old, something new,
    From Good ol' Thread,
    To good ol' you.

At Gorillas Don't Blog today, a 1962 pic in which you can see the HM building under construction—barely. I've clipped the relevant portion and tried to sharpen it a bit. Just over the top of Mark Twain, that's our baby. (No, it's not the Colombia, before someone asks.)

No biggee, as these things go, but fun anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Sure is nice to know you have someone to stay with and to show you around, and I'd bet they have food other than Japanese food at the park (I have no idea, but I'm guessing). You should totally take advantage of your benefits and go!!!

It's something their my uncle does with his two boys every year (now his daughter's as well old enough) and they probably would want to come with me the whole time. I don't want to take away from the father and kids trip.

A goodie for y'all from an upcoming post. A pretty good copy of the Marc Davis three-panel Medusa sequence. Thanks to Lonesome Ghost for a little help here.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM