Page 407 of 596 FirstFirst ... 307357382397404405406407408409410417432457507 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 8926

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

What the hay. Another.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I'd wish that Disney would release a full-sized collection of lenticular portraits rather than the tiny and expensive pins. I'd imagine that if they did, that they'd cost a fortune anyway, but with a full sized Halloween portrait, you get your money's worth. On top of that, if they'd make a lenticular Master Gracey portrait, it'd be like WDW with the whole transformation instead of just the two (Mortal and Corpse) typical images.

There are so many things they could put out there that would make them a pot of money if any of them ever crossed their little pea brains.

How about real door hardware like they have in the COD? Snake door handle and plate, mace knocker, the whole shootin' match in real brass, etc. Any doubt they'd sell a gazillion? How about a full-sized poster of Leota's spell book, so we can actually appreciate the artwork properly? How about the Osmonds 1970 special on blue ray?

Instead it's endless—and endlessly vapid—variations on the three hitchhikers or other worn-out icons. HHG bobble heads was bad enough; we actually got pins depicting the HHG bobble heads. What is the matter with these clowns?

• Cunning infiltrator

I think the infamous Hatbox Ghost will return to the mansion when the new rebooted movie comes out. Or maybe after. We'll never know for sure.

It sucks we can't ride the original Haunted Mansion during October and Halloween. I'm getting a bit weary of the HMH overlay, though the holiday version brings more crowds and a long line too!

We all should make a petition to Disney that they should make the Haunted Mansion available on October and close on November 1st instead!!
    Last edited by LangenFox; 09-29-2012 at 12:39 PM.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

During my August DL trip, I took along my wife's camera and tried to take a few snaps inside the HM, on the off chance that I might get some kind of recognizable image of the door next to the clock in the clock hall, which was the post I was working on at the time. Not surprisingly, the pix were all terrible and unusable, but I was looking at them and thought that some of them still had a pleasantly nightmarish quality nonetheless. That's one of the beauties of HM photography. Sometime the very things that make bad photos bad in any other context can work to advantage in a haunted house setting. So I took a couple of them, twiddled a few knobs, boosting color, darkening the darkness, etc., and thought I'd put 'em here just for fun.

• Banned User

I'd buy a large gallery set of Leota's cards. I believe, on the "collectors" market... Door knockers, bats, and even door handles cast off the originals...
    And of course, the plaque, seen on eBay... Is an unauthorized cast off an original.
    It take them all!
    id love a roll of wallpaper from the hall of doors, the dining room, etc.

I wonder if the hands on that clock still spin counter-clockwise. It would make more sense in a haunted house setting. I've took notice that WDW clock spins clockwise. When did this happen? What also stinks is that they removed the claws from the last door in the Corridor. I suppose the conservatory corpse was enough and decided the one in the Corridor was too much. Anyway, I'm babbling. Even though those pics turned out crappy, they give off a good vibe.

Pointless observation of the day:

Lyric: "When you hear the knell of a requiem bell..."

His version: "When you hear the knell of the rec room bell..."

I used to think Candy Candido was just pronouncing "requiem" oddly, but listening to it now, I'm pretty sure he says "rec room" for comedic effect, despite the fact that (almost) no one would ever notice.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    Pointless observation of the day:

Lyric: "When you hear the knell of a requiem bell..."

His version: "When you hear the knell of the rec room bell..."

I used to think Candy Candido was just pronouncing "requiem" oddly, but listening to it now, I'm pretty sure he says "rec room" for comedic effect, despite the fact that (almost) no one would ever notice.
    Gives people all the more reason to keep searching for things that doesn't first cross peoples' minds in a Disney park. I've never made this connection. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhoulishMortal
    What also stinks is that they removed the claws from the last door in the Corridor. I suppose the conservatory corpse was enough and decided the one in the Corridor was too much.
    For some reason, the 2007 refurb team wanted the WDW Corridor of Doors to more closely resemble the DL version, despite the fact that the differences (hands on the door, suit of armor with no shield, no photos on the wall, etc.) were intentional artistic choices made by the original Imagineers.
    Read this blog post by FoxxFur - it goes into more detail:
    *Passport to Dreams Old & New: On Integrity

---------- Post added 10-01-2012 at 03:17 PM ----------

Unbelievable.
    At WDW, they REMOVED the pop-up ghosts in the graveyard.
    Haunted Mansion FULL EXPERIENCE (Regular Queue, Preshow, Ride, and Exit) - YouTube

Unbelievable.
    At WDW, they REMOVED the pop-up ghosts in the graveyard.
    Haunted Mansion FULL EXPERIENCE (Regular Queue, Preshow, Ride, and Exit) - YouTube[/QUOTE]

What????? Okay, I thought it was just alcohol in the MK that drove them to doing foolish things, but booze isn't the culprit (although maybe an influence), it's sheer stupidity! Where did these Imagineers get their ID's? A Gumball Machine? Solve the issue, put them back, make them shriek, and then we'll talk.

The heads are still there. No need to freak out. Stuff breaks. It happens.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    The heads are still there. No need to freak out. Stuff breaks. It happens.
    I'm not freaking out. I'm just being funny today (not in a humorous way). However, I've been trigger-happy outside of this conversation today due to a new anti-depressant I started. I typically don't post spastic crap like that on a regular basis. My humblest apologies. Anyway, I'm babbling off-topic again. Back to the mansion please.
    Last edited by TheGhoulishMortal; 10-01-2012 at 03:50 PM.

oooh I see lol then I'm with ya!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

How can you tell the popups were removed? That video is so dark that I can't tell.

Never mind, I see the replies.

The clock hand is spinning in the normal counter-clockwise direction in that video, however. These grabs were taken in very tight succession.

Last edited by HBG2; 10-01-2012 at 03:34 PM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM