Page 410 of 605 FirstFirst ... 310360385400407408409410411412413420435460510 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 9070

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    And then, perhaps my favorite extra touch is the GH's laugh right as you exit through the turnstiles. I had never known about that until I discovered it this year and now I always make sure I hear a good hearty laugh before I leave. (It's the same laugh occasionally heard by the sarcophagus with the pop-up behind it mentioned earlier.)
    That isn't the Ghost Host; that's Candy Candido, who also provided the voice of Gus.

• How's My Playing, Hattie?

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Warning: Do not go to Disneyland right now. It is very very crowded. The line for The Haunted Mansion goes all around New Orleans Square. Also, there are a lot of attractions closed temporarily.
    How many times can you listen to Baroque Hoedown until you completely lose it?

• Inhospitable about happy

For those of you collecting pix of the Cabaret du Néant, here's one I've never seen before of the exterior, date unknown, but it looks like something in the vicinity of the 1890s (i.e. when it was new).

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Cunning infiltrator

Haunted Mansion Holiday = More living foolish mortals visiting the 'Pimped-Up' Haunted Mansion.

The original is more underrated.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Inhospitable about happy

About three different conversations at once going on, but that's okay. We are multitaskers extraordinaire.

I wonder how many people DO think the Candido exit laughter is in fact the GH. It's similar enough to Paul Frees' closed-mouth chuckle (as, for example, right after "...and no doors"), minus the reverb, that I can easily see how the casual guest might assume it is he. Doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things, I suppose.

People who think they might consider retiring the HMH are dreaming. It always draws a crowd.

Here's the funnest thing about that new Cabaret du Néant photo. The only other exterior shot we have is from the late 1940's. In an early description of the CdN, it mentions two large iron lamps out front, illuminating anyone below with a hideous yellowish-green light, which gives people a shockingly cadaverous pallor. Those two lamps are visible in the photo.

I remember when sodium-vapor street lamps first came on the scene around these parts. One of the first places I encountered them was in a parking lot. I saw a guy walking along, and at the time I could have sworn he was wearing Halloweenish, Frankensteinish, monster makeup, he looked so bad. It took me awhile to realize that the yellow lighting really did make people look that awful.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I wonder how many people DO think the Candido exit laughter is in fact the GH. It's similar enough to Paul Frees' closed-mouth chuckle (as, for example, right after "...and no doors"), minus the reverb, that I can easily see how the casual guest might assume it is he. Doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things, I suppose.
    Is there a script or anything written on blueprints identifying who is chuckling? It could be the GH and it was the best set of chuckles and laughs they had on tape.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I was at the park a couple weekends ago and noticed that HMH, while likely drawing a similar number of visitors, maintained about 1/2 the wait time of what I've seen in previous years. This is what I've always suspected would happen if they removed FastPass (which they did).
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Is there a script or anything written on blueprints identifying who is chuckling? It could be the GH and it was the best set of chuckles and laughs they had on tape.
    Well, it is not the GH. Grinning Ghost has already clarified that for you and it is indeed Candy Candido. What would make you doubt him/her?

• I'm a Lutheran

It is Candy Candido. Sure. The laugh does sound similar to Paul Frees, but it isn't.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by misfits138 View Post
    Well, it is not the GH. Grinning Ghost has already clarified that for you and it is indeed Candy Candido. What would make you doubt him/her?
    I believe bigcatrik was enquiring if the original blueprints called for a particular character's laughter at the exit crypt. I don't believe there is any reference to audio at the exit on any blueprints that I have.

Funny thing about it all is that I know about %99 percent of my Mansion history, and managed to fail to remember all the voices behind it all. I believe it wasn't Paul Frees who did that laugh, because it sounds way too hoarse to be him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    I believe bigcatrik was enquiring if the original blueprints called for a particular character's laughter at the exit crypt. I don't believe there is any reference to audio at the exit on any blueprints that I have.
    Yes, that's it (like the blueprints reveal "mechanical trees" that did not come to pass, unfortunately).

Lack of a blueprint reference would be odd considering that they had to construct the speaker enclosure, not to mention run power and audio to it, assuming it was an original feature. It could've been a "plus" added later, though.

From what I recall, that Candido laugh was originally only heard eminating from the sarcophagus in front of the teeter-tottering king & queen in the graveyard - and it was sometime in the past decade or so that it was added to the exit crypt.

A new writer is being hired for the HM movie. From a recent interview with Del Toro:
    "Haunted Mansion, we literally are putting a new writer on board," he said, Disney's very happy with it but I'm absolutely up to my eyebrows on Pac Rim. How I manage is I say 'Let's get somebody else to rewrite now' so we're getting a new writer and getting a new draft but it's still very active. The last meeting was last week and I'm happy to report that it's still very much alive."

• I'm a Lutheran

Interesting of course. I'm secretly hoping that no movie additions are made to the attraction...HMH may do that, but it's only seasonal.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM