Page 411 of 586 FirstFirst ... 311361386401408409410411412413414421436461511 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 8780

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

But isn't part of Guillermo del Toro's motive for this movie is creating an excuse to get the Hatbox Ghost back into the ride? That's the movie addition we need.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    But isn't part of Guillermo del Toro's motive for this movie is creating an excuse to get the Hatbox Ghost back into the ride? That's the movie addition we need.
    That wouldn't be a "movie" addition. The Hatbox Ghost was originally there when the Mansion opened. He's not a character created for a film, like Captain Jack Sparrow.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    That wouldn't be a "movie" addition. The Hatbox Ghost was originally there when the Mansion opened. He's not a character created for a film, like Captain Jack Sparrow.
    It's a blurry line really. If a film expands the Hatbox Ghost's popularity from the "Boba Fett following" he's got right now to something more substantial to the point where casuals are asking where the Hatbox Ghost is in the ride, he'd probably take design cues from whatever they do in the film with the character. Of course if that Comic-Con image is any indication, he'll be pretty close to what Gibson made.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Yes, that's it (like the blueprints reveal "mechanical trees" that did not come to pass, unfortunately).

Lack of a blueprint reference would be odd considering that they had to construct the speaker enclosure, not to mention run power and audio to it, assuming it was an original feature. It could've been a "plus" added later, though.
    No, it's been there from day one. Also, it's not the kind of effect that is indicated on the blueprints. However, I know there was a lengthy stretch of time in which it was shut off.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• How's My Playing, Hattie?

..... 4 days of deathly still air. O.O
    How many times can you listen to Baroque Hoedown until you completely lose it?

Here's something fun. Somewhere deep in the bowels of the eternal Thread is a discussion of Mdm L's scrying table. That's the little table next to her main table. Here's a pretty clear photo:

That's after they extended the legs. Originally it was a little shorter. You can see the hexagram on the top:

Anyway, here's something new: it turns out the design of this scrying table may be traditional. This is from a 1909 Saturday Evening Post:

That thing on it that looks like a big dish is probably a scrying bowl. A lot of scrying tables have such a thing. See HERE. So that illustration probably does indeed show a scrying table. The design is so close that I'm tempted to see a direct inspiration. Scrying tables with these shallow bowls and with no bowl but rather hexagram designs or similar are both common types.
    Last edited by HBG2; 10-17-2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: hexagram not pentagram

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by PianoGhost View Post
    ..... 4 days of deathly still air. O.O
    --
    I don't really know - I'll have to play it again and find out. The original Perry & Kingsley is a bit annoying, then Don Dorsey improved on it a lot. But either one is still far less of an "Ear-Worm" than 'It's a Small World', no contest there.

But back to the topic at hand... Are we discussing HM Holiday here at all? Maybe they can make Hattie work for Halloween next year if they can't put him back for the rest of the year?

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    I don't really know - I'll have to play it again and find out. The original Perry & Kingsley is a bit annoying, then Don Dorsey improved on it a lot. But either one is still far less of an "Ear-Worm" than 'It's a Small World', no contest there.
    I could probably listen to Don Dorsey's 1977 version of Baroque Hoedown for hours and hours on end... Can't stand that new version they're using now.

Another piece of artwork, this one showing water scrying. Looks like that definitely is a traditional table design.

• How's My Playing, Hattie?

Sorry about my over-sized signature. But I believe the original, '73, and '77 versions are all great in their own ways. But the new one is terrible, they messed up my favorite part. You know the speedy harpsichord-like part before the main part after the dialogue? That part's badass! And they messed it up! I hope this doesn't happen to other classics like Grim Grinning Ghosts or It's a Small World.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    But back to the topic at hand... Are we discussing HM Holiday here at all? Maybe they can make Hattie work for Halloween next year if they can't put him back for the rest of the year?
    The lighting in HMH is much brighter than the standard ride. If it depends on a light gag it would have *less* of a chance to work in HMH.

Creepy...

• Mansion Groundskeeper

So let me first admit that I've been lurking on this thread (and the 6 that came before it) for years.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I wanted to see if anyone could give me some insight on a mold that I got my hands on recently.

Name:  HMskullmold2.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  83.0 KB

All I know is that it's from the east coast and that it was purchased at an estate sale.

The mold itself seems too well done to be a fan made and I've never been able to find pictures of any of the Disney molds to make a comparison, but figured I'd ask if anyone has any thoughts on this banshee mold.

• We Go On.

Hmmm. That's very interesting. After comparing, it does look A LOT like the HM banshees. It's hard to tell certain things, though, from this perspective. Like the shape of the eye sockets.

• Mansion Groundskeeper

Here's another shot of it.

Name:  HMskullmold3.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  56.3 KB

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM