Page 414 of 597 FirstFirst ... 314364389404411412413414415416417424439464514 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 8942

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by PianoGhost View Post
    Would anyone mind if we had a discussion on the Hitchhiking Ghosts?

I wanted to know what order all the DL models go in. I've seen multiple pictures and I wanted to get some dates on them.
    The four photos I posted above are the originals, from 1969.

The exact dates for these changes are fluid.

By 1990, they looked like this:

During the 2000's, they looked like this:

Today, they look like this:

Hope that helps.

------------------------

That "Armchair Archivist" D23 video is full of interesting things. You get a glimpse of the Anderson blueprint for his walkthru Ghost House, but it's not the same one we've been looking at all these years but a later, revised version. It's mostly the same, but in one place it has been heavily revised to incorporate the newer "Blood Family" storyline. Here's the juicy part:

This is the older copy we're familiar with:

This is the revised version:

Here's a page describing the new ending, beginning in the "Trophy Hall":

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• How's My Playing, Hattie?

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Thanks, HBG2.
    How many times can you listen to Baroque Hoedown until you completely lose it?

No prob.

New post up at el bloggo.

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Where's the ride footage at :32 from? That's not one of Anaheim's pop-up ghosts, for sure.

It's WDW

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    It's WDW
    Golly. Can we get some of those? I only just now looked at a WDW HM ride-through for the first time on YouTube and . . . golly.

• Minion

The graveyard pop-ups in Florida are incredibly effective. I know they're there and I still always jump a little.

Yeah, the DL set really needs to get some caffeine.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Haunted Portraits | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Another lovely photo of the Corridor of Doors portraits (from Florida this time).

As noted on the Long-Forgotten blog, they still have droopy-eyes and old-man screamy portraits (as opposed to Hatbox, winky Ezra and the witch) out there vs. Anaheim not having such. Not sure if the physical props are still used at Florida.

• I'm a Lutheran

Call me crazy, but I'm in a very high preference to Florida's Corridor of Doors portraits to California's. Their whole Corridor of Doors sequence seems to be much better than ours. Thoughts?
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

I can see someone liking the WDW "family portraits" better than DL's, and the demon eyes in the wallpaper glow, but otherwise I myself don't see enough difference between the two to find one or the other "much better," unless I'm forgetting something.

Here's a weird little item. The Sťance circle at DL has a cornet flying around, whereas WDW has a bugle. I've had no trouble collecting good photos of the WDW bugle...

...but for some stupid reason a good photo of the DL cornet has been elusive. Until now. Gordon Fee took a nice shot last July. This really is the first decent photo of that crazy horn that I have seen.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'm in a very high preference to Florida's Corridor of Doors portraits to California's. Their whole Corridor of Doors sequence seems to be much better than ours. Thoughts?
    I would agree if we could get the red lighting back. That was the only downgrade in the 07 Refurb I feel. I noticed the WDW scene felt different subconsciously after the WDW Refurb but did not know exactly why until Foxxfurr pointed it out here.
    *Passport to Dreams Old & New: February 2012

---------- Post added 11-03-2012 at 12:48 AM ----------

Beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts! - revised FINAL version | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    That portrait of Maude needs to be moved elsewhere in the Attraction or removed completely. It just looks so out of place in the HHG Vignette. The rest of the props are unnecessary but tolerable basically one of the examples of throwing props around for no reason and calling it "Art Direction".
    Last edited by HMF; 11-02-2012 at 08:50 PM.

• Minion

Crazy; I never noticed that the two Mansions had different horns! They probably figured that the simpler lines of a bugle would read better. However, due to the lighting, I always get a clearer view of the instruments at DL.

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    I have to admit to a bias in favor of the DL "family portraits." They've been there since opening day, which makes them special.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Have you guys seen this? It's a pretty decent video, sort of a Blair Witch realistic horror flick (until the end), featuring the HM.

Disneyland proposal goes horribly wrong in The Haunted Mansion - YouTube
    Bumping this, because no one has commented, and I'm afraid y'all skipped over it. Check it out!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM