Page 415 of 618 FirstFirst ... 315365390405412413414415416417418425440465515 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,225 of 9257

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Bumping this, because no one has commented, and I'm afraid y'all skipped over it. Check it out!
    I watched it. It's cute but I didn't feel any need to comment. I noticed they captured part of the "forbidden" narration during their CoD sequence, though (but I would notice that, wouldn't I?).

BTW, the other recent thread titled "New Video PROVES Real Ghost Exist in The Haunted Mansion" (sic) was a (tongue-in-cheek) come-on for this video.

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Bumping this, because no one has commented, and I'm afraid y'all skipped over it. Check it out!
    I saw it on Facebook a few days ago. Inside The Magic, one of the producers, was trying to promote it by claiming it was a real ghost video until it came out and he came clean about what it really was. I realized it was fake when I heard the soundtrack, which had been "sweetened".

Imressive special effects!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

It is a fun video, for sure, and seeing some of the behind the scenes images on flickr before I even knew what they were for, the doombuggy build and editing to make it all appear continuous inside the Mansion when filmed on at least two ride-throughs and in a studio setting are very impressive and work well.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• I'm a Lutheran

You know doing a found footage Haunted Mansion movie wouldn't be a bad idea on Disney's part...but I'm putting more faith in Del Toro. Why do the run-of-the-mill Paranormal Activity movie when you can do a unique film with bizarre creatures and tender love and care put into every last detail. It's amazing how many people in Hollywood love the Haunted Mansion.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Member of Baxter's Army

Have you guys seen this? It's a pretty decent video, sort of a Blair Witch realistic horror flick (until the end), featuring the HM.

Disneyland proposal goes horribly wrong in The Haunted Mansion - YouTube
    Apparently someone has way too much time on his hands.

---------- Post added 11-04-2012 at 05:02 PM ----------

First, here's a new old picture of the DL attic bride. It's after 1975 but before 1995; in other words, it's a rare flash picture of good old "Round Eyes."

But here's the thing. In the process of identifying it as definitely Disneyland and not WDW, I realized to my dismay that much of our (my) discussion of the brides has been reliant on an erroneous identification.

Remember when this baby first surfaced, several years ago? The guy who put it up is the guy in the photo, and he confidently labeled it as Walt Disney World at the time of its opening, 1971. Besides being a butler, he had been active in getting the Orlando mansion going.

So there was the Corpse Bride, the original WDW version, and a seemingly reliable basis for further conclusions. I used the photo to identify another old bride photo as a subsequent version of the WDW bride from some later date...

...based on similarities in the photos' backgrounds, like a conspicuous knothole and light/dark coloration of certain planks.

Well, it's incorrect. I don't know how or why the guy got the identification of his photo completely wrong, but it's NOT WDW at all; it's Disneyland.

Here's a nice clear shot of the DL corner, from early 2005 (just before Constance). Distinctive features include those crazy sprinkler pipes, the aforementioned knothole, a conspicuous light crack running horizontally on a particular board, and another board with noticeable light/dark contrast on its left and right sides.

Makes it easy to spot DL, once you get familiar with these idiosyncrasies.

Now compare WDW, in these clear shots from 1989 and 1990.

There is this conspicuous forky widget of some kind in the corner (I think it's rope, actually), no funky sprinkler pipes, and a vertical board noticeably darker than its neighbors.

They make WDW's attic corner easy to identify. In this one, the bride herself is a dead giveaway of course.

So if you go back to our original Corpse Bride photo, it's obvious now that it's the DL attic and not the WDW attic. So what? Well, not only that one but the one I identified with its help must be reassigned to DL. It also means the 1975 photo of the DL Corpse Bride that caused a bit of a stir last year is simply (yawn) another photo of the same Corpse Bride in the 1971 photo—that is, if the date is correct. That's rather iffy now, isn't it? It also means that there is now no hard evidence that WDW ever had the CB, but that can still be inferred with a good deal of confidence. Remember that they knew they were going to build the WDW HM when they were building the DL HM and made duplicates of all the figures and effects. It stands to reason that if DL started out with the CB, a duplicate was readied for WDW. Someone might object that in the two years DL HM was running before WDW opened, changes might have been made based on dissatisfaction with the original effects at DL. That's why WDW never got the HBG, for example. But we also know that DL still had a CB as late as 1975, so apparently the figure was thought to work satisfactorily, and there's therefore no reason to suppose that the same figure wasn't in WDW when it opened.

So it isn't really a big deal. The only real change is the reassignment of these two photos to DL that previously were thought to be WDW. Update your files! And of course, add the rare flash photo of Round Eyes to your collection while you're at it.

In retrospect,that Wicker Suitcase should have given it away.

While we are still in the Attic, noticed another case of WDW-DL mirror imaging in the post-07 WDW Attic, Am I crazy or is that a model ship I see on the left hand side of this pic
    (On a side note of pure obsessive geekdom the utensils on the table in the far left used to be on a table around the area where Connie is now.http://hauntedmansion.info/HMImages/Attic/attic6.jpg)
    bring in DL Photo for reference

peeking out Behind the Ambrose portrait.
    We also know that said ship model was in the DL Attic since at least the 1995 "I Do" refresh.

Back to the WDW Attic do you reckon all the fine china seen here in the Ambrose tableau post 07
    are the same as seen on the desk in this pre-07 shot of what is now the Frank tableau?

Also the statuette seen at the right of this pre-07 photo

did not move too far in 07

We can also see there is a Halltree present in the 07 photo that does not appear in any pre-07 photos of the WDW Attic , bring in the DL photo of the corresponding area in DL

Between the secretary and model ship in the Ambrose tableau, The partitions in the Frank, The Halltree and suit of armor in Reginald. I am seriously starting to think that the 07 Imagineers actually bought new props so that certain aspects of the DL and WDW Attics could mirror each other.
    Speaking of too much time on my hands.
    Last edited by HMF; 11-04-2012 at 07:23 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Am I crazy or is that a model ship I see on the left hand side of this pic
    No, I don't see a model ship. I see an aluminum tid-bit tray. Might even be a deviled egg tray. Hard to tell from the side view.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    No, I don't see a model ship. I see an aluminum tid-bit tray. Might even be a deviled egg tray. Hard to tell from the side view.
    Other side of the picture near the beam

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post

Other side of the picture near the beam
    The left side is what I was referring to, on top of the trunk. But now that you've gotten more specific, I think I see what you're talking about. Sort of a white blob just to the right of the beam about midway up, between the beam and the hat stand. Kinda looks like a ship model. Seems to have a small stand like a model ship would have...

• Inhospitable about happy

It does seem like a case of slavish imitation. Not only the ships, but the tabourets are similar. It's ridiculous. Chris Foxx at the excellent Passport to Dreams Old and New blog has long been bemoaning this pointless drive to homogenize the parks, which includes conforming WDW's HM to DL's HM instead of keeping the distinctives that Claude Coats put into it. Gone is the COD red lighting, gone are the hands on the doors, etc.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

It does seem like a case of slavish imitation. Not only the ships, but the tabourets are similar. It's ridiculous. Chris Foxx at the excellent Passport to Dreams Old and New blog has long been bemoaning this pointless drive to homogenize the parks, which includes conforming WDW's HM to DL's HM instead of keeping the distinctives that Claude Coats put into it. Gone is the COD red lighting, gone are the hands on the doors, etc.
    It does seem kind of pointless but not really creatively damaging like the lighting changes in COD and dropping the Pirates Overture into the Queue of POTC at WDW. One does have to wonder what the creative meetings were like and why they felt certain DL props absolutely needed to be duplicated and not others. Like why does the Amborse tableau need to have a secretary or a model ship in it does it really contribute anything other than making it match the DL one. I have this vision in my head of Imagineers walking through the existing WDW Attic with DL reference photos taking notes on how certain DL props not in the Orlando Mansion needed to be duplicated because they felt they were somehow integral to the scene. Actually, I think a sorta HM specific companion piece to Foxx's "On Integrity" post on the Long Forgotten blog detailing this phenomenon on how it relates to the Florida Mansion would be splendid.
    Last edited by HMF; 11-05-2012 at 12:37 PM.

• Minion

So the two Mansions have really got their ship together?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Yes indeed, but when HM fans obsess over such trivial details, I think it's nothing more than naval gazing.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Yes indeed, but when HM fans obsess over such trivial details, I think it's nothing more than naval gazing.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM