Page 423 of 597 FirstFirst ... 323373398413420421422423424425426433448473523 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 8941

• How's My Playing, Hattie?

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

With the new year here and the soon end of HMH, I started thinking about the Hatbox Ghost. I don't think he'll be coming back. Not unless Del Toro gets something going. People would probably complain if he wasn't in his original spot and I doubt they will move or kick out Constance. I know I've heard people say this before, but I really am hoping Del Toro doesn't let us down. Did he say in 2009 the movie was going to come out this year?

P.S. To HB2, what are some good Pink Floyd songs? Recently got into them and only know Another Brick in the Wall.
    How many times can you listen to Baroque Hoedown until you completely lose it?

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by PianoGhost View Post
    With the new year here and the soon end of HMH, I started thinking about the Hatbox Ghost. I don't think he'll be coming back. Not unless Del Toro gets something going. People would probably complain if he wasn't in his original spot and I doubt they will move or kick out Constance. I know I've heard people say this before, but I really am hoping Del Toro doesn't let us down. Did he say in 2009 the movie was going to come out this year?

P.S. To HB2, what are some good Pink Floyd songs? Recently got into them and only know Another Brick in the Wall.
    I think Hattie will return when it comes time to market the movie. (I am not HBG2 but I know a thing or two about the Floyd. Dark Side of the Moon is a masterpiece from beginning to end and is also great for when watching the Wizard of Oz with the sound off. My personal favorite song off that is Us & Them. Other than that Shine on you Crazy Diamond, Echoes, Wish you were here and Comfortably Numb are highlights.)

Quote Originally Posted by PianoGhost View Post
    Did he say in 2009 the movie was going to come out this year?
    It was announced in July 2010, and there was never a set release date. Definitely not coming out this year.

I'm really crossing my fingers for some big progress for the film this year. The last update was in October is this right? I refuse to give up hope for this film yet.

• Inhospitable about happy

Del Toro's obvious enthusiasm for the project is key. He's going to get moving with it as soon as he is able to do so, so the exact date it comes out is not worrisome to me.

New blog post up (the other day), in case anyone didn't know.

As for Pink Floyd, I first got into them in 1971, so I'm an OLD Floyd guy, and my tastes may not be typical. First off, with PF, you talk about albums more than songs. Most popular are Dark Side of the Moon (1973) and The Wall (1979). Most critically acclaimed is Wish You Were Here (1975). Me, I like the early Floyd. My favorite by far, my pick for their best ever, is at or near the very bottom of the list for most fans and critics: UmmaGumma (1969). Then Meddle (1971), then Atom Heart Mother (1970), then Obscured by Clouds (1972). Most fans and critics would only agree with me that Meddle is among their best albums. We also agree that Echoes [from Meddle] is a strong contender for very best song. It's half the album, being twenty-three and a half minutes long. You can't go wrong with Meddle, I guarantee.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Let me create a new discussion, fellow fans, what's your favorite scene. Personally, mine is the grand hall.

• Mansion Groundskeeper

For me, it's got to be the graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dminor View Post
    For me, it's got to be the graveyard.
    excellent choice, why is it your favorite?

• Mansion Groundskeeper

I feel like the majority of the Imagineers work was realized in the graveyard. It's sort of a free for all where any of their crazy ideas could live without anyone questioning why its there.

Singing busts, a viking opera singer, ghosts on a teeter totter, etc. None of it makes sense in a "real" graveyard, but in that environment, it makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatbox999 View Post
    Let me create a new discussion, fellow fans, what's your favorite scene. Personally, mine is the grand hall.
    Mine just might be the Corridor of Doors, not just for the scene but the masterstroke of having the vehicles move backwards through it. Every new (unfamiliar and creepy) thing is unnervingly encountered through peripheral vision and the continued effectiveness of this effect on me, no matter how many times I go through it, never ceases to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dminor View Post
    I feel like the majority of the Imagineers work was realized in the graveyard. It's sort of a free for all where any of their crazy ideas could live without anyone questioning why its there.

Singing busts, a viking opera singer, ghosts on a teeter totter, etc. None of it makes sense in a "real" graveyard, but in that environment, it makes perfect sense.
    Excellent observation. The reason The Grand Hall is my favorite is that it does everything so well. The audio's crystal clear, the AAs are in fine shape, and the effect is incredible. Actually I've only ridden the wdw version.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

As of right now, the corridor of doors. The audio is great (Clack clack clack...clack clack clack....mixing with the low music, and eerie, interspersed ghostly moans and voices) and some great design work (the famous wallpaper, the ghoul portraits, the 'faces' in the doors and doorgrates, snake doorhandles, etc). It feels very authentic and eerie.

Mid-90's, the attic would be a strong contender, with the beating-heart soundtrack being LOUD, virtually no underscore, the creepy original bride, the bats fluttering in a corner, and the shrieking pop-ups. It was mysterious and ominous. Lost some of that with the groomsmen-pop up overlay and piano phantom, but still a decent scene. Constance and her entourage....ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Mine just might be the Corridor of Doors, not just for the scene but the masterstroke of having the vehicles move backwards through it. Every new (unfamiliar and creepy) thing is unnervingly encountered through peripheral vision and the continued effectiveness of this effect on me, no matter how many times I go through it, never ceases to amaze me.
    In my opinion it's the scariest scene in the mansion

@RegionsBeyond I never had a problem with Connie, but I agree that what it was before 2006 and 07 is way better.

• Cunning infiltrator

The Graveyard scene never gets old, it's active and filled with many ghosts. You see new details every time you ride through it and after leaving the attic looking over the graveyard with the Grim Grinning Ghosts song is spellbinding!

The Ballroom is my other favorite too, the highly detail hall and the variety of the Victorian era inspired ghosts.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM