Page 427 of 559 FirstFirst ... 327377417424425426427428429430437477527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 8380

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

That would definitely mention that I daresay, so that is all good news (but then the attraction was down the usual amount of time when coming back from HMH, no extra period which would signify changes/testing).

Here's hoping the Anaheim Mansion stays CG-character free, as it is the 'classic' version largely and Constance isn't beloved technology wise by anyone that I've seen.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    and who knows, those two pesky CoD lines may get switched on and off again since they reset everything.
    Remember the code: DB's 1-3 "We find it delightfully unlivable ... Shh, listen", DB's 4-6 "All of our ghosts ... getting through", 7-9 same as 1-3, 10-12 same as 4-6, etc. I would love to hear that the proper narration pattern has returned on *all* DBs (without the extra lines, I really think it's better to hear the environmental audio during that section).

I rode HMH a few times but didn't notice any varying audio tracks. I never got to know it very well, though.

My pass expired last Saturday and I won't be renewing until my time is free again so I'm out of the HM reporting corps for the time being. :-(

• Tickets please...

I don't really mind the CG hitchhikers for WDW, but I agree I hope that the DLR Mansion keeps its Pepper's Ghost effect.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I don't really mind the CG hitchhikers for WDW, but I agree I hope that the DLR Mansion keeps its Pepper's Ghost effect.
    Pardon me, but the Hitchhiking Ghosts section isn't based on Pepper's Ghost, that's the Ballroom with the 'hidden' float-glass panes between the columns.

Hitchhiking Ghosts is just One-Way Mirrors and controlled light sources on both the Ghosty-Go-Round and your DoomBuggy, and they're mechanically slaved to be in sync.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Tickets please...

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Pardon me, but the Hitchhiking Ghosts section isn't based on Pepper's Ghost, that's the Ballroom with the 'hidden' float-glass panes between the columns.

Hitchhiking Ghosts is just One-Way Mirrors and controlled light sources on both the Ghosty-Go-Round and your DoomBuggy, and they're mechanically slaved to be in sync.

--<< Bruce >>--
    I know how it works. ^_^; I called it Pepper's Ghost because its kinda a reverse version. Probably isn't the correct term but I was typing quickly. I'm sure everyone knows what I was meaning anyhow.
    Last edited by Ezra; 01-19-2013 at 03:28 PM.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Found this Photo of WDW's late 70s-96 Bride.
    Note that the red hatbox was there pretty early on.

• Inhospitable about happy

Love them old photos.

Speaking of which, here's another rare shot of the Cabaret du Néant exterior. Looks to me like the 1920's. The Cabaret moved from 34 to 64 on the same street some time in the 30's.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Banned User

I haven't been in this thread for months, so I just take one look, for curiosity's sake. What do I find? You guys are still flogging the same dead horses in this dusty, creaky crypt of a thread. LOL.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Observations from the Disneyland Mansion from this very evening:

- Lone remaining blast up head still there, not much airtime/power.
    - Nearly all the cemetery pop-up heads are witch molds/sculpts with varying hair. (one Ezra definitely just before the HHGs)
    - New (or it was new to me, don't recall seeing it before) suit of armor jammed into the attic, behind the Reginald tableaux (I think) just before the phantom piano player. Gave me a little start actually when glanced over and saw it, thought at first was a flesh-and-blood CM standing there watching the vehicles
    - Current replaced Hatbox Ghost corner items (not the dusty, cobwebbed hatrack anymore): a steamer/sea trunk, two hatboxes, and a very simple white, plain wedding dress laid out nearby. Hmmmm...

• Cunning infiltrator

The Haunted Mansion in 2013 is the best time to go on!

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• Tickets please...

Thanks for the information. Any idea why there's now a suit of armor in the attic scene? Seems a bit odd.

• We Go On.

Yeah, suits of armor don't just "appear" like that. And someone obviously was in there enough to re-arrange some things across from Connie.

Does HMF have any knowledge of any suit of armor in the attic prior to 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Yeah, suits of armor don't just "appear" like that. And someone obviously was in there enough to re-arrange some things across from Connie.

Does HMF have any knowledge of any suit of armor in the attic prior to 2013?
    Disneyland has had a suit of armor in what is now the Reginald Tableau dating back to at least 1995 but I would reckon it's been there since 69.

The WDW Attic initially had what appears to be only the torso of a suit of armor as seen in this pre-refurb shot

However during the 07 Re-Haunting a full suit of armor was added in virtually the corresponding spot in the WDW Attic where it's Disneyland bretheren has always resided.
    (The original armor torso is also still there

As to why it was decided to add a suit of armor there to mirror Disneyland, I don't know but have noticed other props present in the DL Mansion suddenly having similar items/duplicates added to the WDW Mansion in conjunction with the 07 refurb including the Secretary, Model Ship and Hall Tree. My guess is the Creative team felt that these elements were crucial to the individual tableaux though for what reason is anybody's guess.
    Last edited by HMF; 01-26-2013 at 01:50 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Good to know about the armor...I just never happened to look at that exact spot I suppose with my eyes night-adjusted.

Some new Daveland photos showing previously unseen details of the George tableau.
    DAVELAND HAUNTED MANSION PHOTO
    DAVELAND HAUNTED MANSION PHOTO

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM