Page 428 of 580 FirstFirst ... 328378418425426427428429430431438478528 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 8698

• Tickets please...

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Ah okay. I hadn't noticed it before in photos of the scene. Guess there wern't many changes then.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

The new Haunted Mansion video shot with a low-light camera (natural colors, not infrared) in this thread is not to be missed:

Ultra Low Light Clarity POV of Indiana Jones, Pirates, Haunted Mansion & Peter Pan HD

Very briefly at the end (around 9:05) you can see the moving exit "carpet" which looks like it has new luminous paint, or is the glow an artifact of the camera?
    Last edited by bigcatrik; 01-25-2013 at 06:40 PM.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    - Current replaced Hatbox Ghost corner items (not the dusty, cobwebbed hatrack anymore): a steamer/sea trunk, two hatboxes, and a very simple white, plain wedding dress laid out nearby. Hmmmm...
    Sounds promising.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    The new Haunted Mansion video shot with a low-light camera (natural colors, not infrared) in this thread is not to be missed:

Ultra Low Light Clarity POV of Indiana Jones, Pirates, Haunted Mansion & Peter Pan HD

Very briefly at the end (around 9:05) you can see the moving exit "carpet" which looks like it has new luminous paint, or is the glow an artifact of the camera?
    I just noticed something new at about 4:03. The Endless Hall now seems to have some appearing and disappearing spirits, ala Phantom Manor.

The "exit carpet" looks like it's been completely repainted with a new design. I've never seen anything other than the bats on it before.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    I just noticed something new at about 4:03. The Endless Hall now seems to have some appearing and disappearing spirits, ala Phantom Manor.
    I think you are seeing things. Looks the same to me.

• Just drawn that way

I saw that too in the endless hallway.....looks like something sliding back and forth as it dematerialize!!
    Little and broken, but still good.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

In person, there was no new endless hallway effect: I think it's just video artifacts (I didn't notice anything watching the video either admittedly)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post

The "exit carpet" looks like it's been completely repainted with a new design. I've never seen anything other than the bats on it before.
    Since I'm here, I'll investigate when I've finished my coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    I saw that too in the endless hallway.....looks like something sliding back and forth as it dematerialize!!
    In person, there was no new endless hallway effect: I think it's just video artifacts (I didn't notice anything watching the video either admittedly)

• Minion

Sparky's grave is gone.

I don't see anything new in the endless hallway.

There seems to be upgraded lighting in the attic that might cause people to see things they didn't notice before.

The exit carpets have not been repainted. The design is the same as it has always been and is starting to show some wear since it's last repainting.

• Inhospitable about happy

1. Good, good video
    2. The load strip pattern is exactly the way it was (I compared with old photos)
    3. I don't see anything new in the EH. Keep in mind that installing a Pepper's Ghost effect like Phantom Manor's would require the whole thing to be torn up and rebuilt, with a whole new room added to the side. Not likely.
    4. One of the dancing couples isn't spinning. First time I've seen that glitch.

And here's some BIG news. Looking through Daveland's photos, I noticed that AT LEAST since May 2012 one of the stretchrooms is using the old Clem Hall style Ally Gal. The other room continues to use the post-Hall Gal that has been in use for a long time. Easiest way to tell them apart is, the post-Hall Gal has wider-open and closer-together eyes. The Hall Gal looks stoned. Here's the evidence:

Here's the smoking gun: both gals photographed the same month (probably same day):

I think it's big news, because it means they still have the old designs and apparently can produce canvases using the cheaper, newer technology that use the older designs, something I would not have suspected possible.

Somebody needs to report on which room has which.
    Last edited by HBG2; 01-26-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: fix date typo
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Just drawn that way

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

Is her outfit more purple than pink now or is it just the lighting?
    Little and broken, but still good.

It's probably the lighting/camera.

I notice that the new Clem Hall Gal is not absolutely identical to any other canvas I've seen, so that explains it. One of the current artists did a fresh rendering in the Hall style and of course it was capable of reproduction with the newer technology. (They now have a method of mechanical reproduction that produces sturdier, longer-lasting canvases in a fraction of the time.) It will be fun to see if the post-Hall Gal stays. If they simply replaced the one because it was wearing out, then the other one should follow shortly. In that case it may also be replaced with a Hall Gal, and she may be around for many years. Much more interesting face, IMO, so I'm happy about this.

Oh, new post up at the blog. It's a goodie, I think.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Really excellent article, Dan, thank you! Especially love the photoshop recreation of the modern exit crypt/proposed walk-through exit area and the Campbell illustration comparison: great stuff there.

Thanks!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Look again, at 4:03 and 4:07. Better yet, I've included screencaps so even you can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    See? I did not imagine it.

I don't believe it's a video artifact, but something that was actually visible. If it's not a new effect, then perhaps it's something reflecting in the large mirror at the end of the hallway...? Here are two screencaps:

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    The exit carpets have not been repainted. The design is the same as it has always been and is starting to show some wear since it's last repainting.
    "always"? I've never seen that carpet-like pattern on the moving walkway before - ever! All I've ever seen are some rather plain bats painted on it.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM