Page 429 of 586 FirstFirst ... 329379404419426427428429430431432439454479529 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 8789

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    "always"? I've never seen that carpet-like pattern on the moving walkway before - ever! All I've ever seen are some rather plain bats painted on it.
    Daveland Haunted Mansion Photo Page 2

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Looking at Daveland (I should really look there more often, I forget how great of a site it is!) I noticed this 1969 photo of the Caretaker:
    DAVELAND HAUNTED MANSION PHOTO
    Is it just me, or does it look like he has a little wispy beard?
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• Just drawn that way

Look again, at 4:03 and 4:07. Better yet, I've included screencaps so even you can see it.

See? I did not imagine it.

I don't believe it's a video artifact, but something that was actually visible. If it's not a new effect, then perhaps it's something reflecting in the large mirror at the end of the hallway...? Here are two screencaps:

Maybe it is a window from the conservatory . Maybe from the angle it has hit the mirrior showing it for a few seconds as you travel.
    Little and broken, but still good.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    Ok, well I've never seen that pattern before. These photos (those that show the belt itself) only go back to 2008. Could that be when it received that design?

All I've ever seen before is just this pattern of bats:

(It's the underside, but all I could find in a hurry.)
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 01-27-2013 at 10:01 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Well, all I know is that I was visiting the park from the evening of the 22nd through the morning of the 25th, rode Mansion 7-8 times and all that was ever in the endless hallway when I saw it was the candelabra and scrim/mirrors, same as always. No projection field/screen or other movement on any of my ride-throughs. It could be a reflection or light effect in the video, certainly, appearing, but there is no added effect in the ride I can state with some certainty.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    Maybe it is a window from the conservatory . Maybe from the angle it has hit the mirrior showing it for a few seconds as you travel.
    Yes - I could see that as a possibility for the first photo, as you're approaching the Hallway. However, it wouldn't explain seeing it again after you've passed the Hallway. The angle would be all wrong to reflect the Conservatory at that point. So what could the second reflection be of?

• Inhospitable about happy

Ok, well I've never seen that pattern before. These photos (those that show the belt itself) only go back to 2008. Could that be when it received that design?

The bat pattern is ONLY on the underside. The carpet design debuted in January of 2008, put in during the transition back from HMH. Here's a picture of it brand spanking new.

That's taken from a thread talking about it HERE.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• We Go On.

Wow, HBG2. Incredible, incredible blog post.

Name:  YkJ4msZ.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  165.5 KBName:  WOrZRev.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  157.6 KB
    It's probably just the light of the chandeliers reflecting off the shiny wood floor in the hallway.
    Blue = floor
    Red = carpet

Quote Originally Posted by JackNormandie View Post
    It's probably just the light of the chandeliers reflecting off the shiny wood floor in the hallway.
    Blue = floor
    Red = carpet
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Thanks.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    The bat pattern is ONLY on the underside. The carpet design debuted in January of 2008, put in during the transition back from HMH. Here's a picture of it brand spanking new.

That's taken from a thread talking about it HERE.
    Ah, thanks HBG2 - seems I was right. It wasn't "always" that way. BTW - when I mentioned that the photo I posted was the underside, I meant the underside view of the moving walkway mechanism. The bats pattern visible would still be the topside of the belt itself when it loops around. It's an older photo.

Quote Originally Posted by JackNormandie View Post
    Blue = floor
    Red = carpet
    Thanks for solving the mystery! Someone must have cleaned the floor after HMH, leaving it shiny.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Yes, that is some incredible detective work!

Thanks.

Speaking of detective work, while we're singing the (richly deserved) praises of Davelandweb, he's got a murky shot there from the "early 70's."

It's to his credit that he posts these photos with historical, if not aesthetic, value. Anyway, does anyone recognize what the photographer was pointing his lens at?

You can even make out the candlestick, now that you know what you're looking at.

• Tickets please...

Seems like a very interesting post; I'll read it through properly when I have more time.

Also with the talk of the hallway at the moment; I know its after the hallway but I find the Corridor of Doors in general is probably the scariest part of the Mansion. Thought I should just mention that. ^_^;

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM