Page 431 of 585 FirstFirst ... 331381406421428429430431432433434441456481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 8768

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Ahh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Also, is it just me or does it seem that they are letting the outside of the attraction begin to rust a little? I had thought Disney stated specifically that he wanted the outside of the attraction to be kept clean?

• Tickets please...

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Yes. There is no library to speak of in the regular Mansion at Anaheim.

Lemonade set, people. Is the lemonade set there? This is it in 2009:

Huh, haven't noticed that before on any other photos of the Mansion. I guess ghosts like lemonade as much as tea then.

• Inhospitable about happy

I've got three posts in the can for the Blog. Two of them will deal with details of the wonderful front yard at DL and turned out better than I thought they would. I'm trying to get any info I can on the lemonade set. Does anyone remember when they first noticed it? and more importantly, is it still there?
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Sadly, did not look for it last visit just a few weeks ago: side of the house queue not even open due to lack of crowds, so no chance to see it even. Sorry Dan!

That's okay. That particular post won't go up until sometime around May, probably, so there should be plenty of time for someone to report on it.

ww12345's photo of the lemonade set, which has been posted here before, is dated May of 2012, so they've been using the set for at least three years. I don't know if it has been continuous or sporadic during that time.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I'll be at DL this weekend and can check in on the lemonade set.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

By the way, not to toot my own horn, but I've got a pretty cool 3d picture of the Haunted Mansion that I took a few weeks ago. If it is OK, I can post it, along with the other 5 or 6 "Mansion" pics I took, here...

• Minion

M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    By the way, not to toot my own horn, but I've got a pretty cool 3d picture of the Haunted Mansion that I took a few weeks ago. If it is OK, I can post it, along with the other 5 or 6 "Mansion" pics I took, here...
    Do.

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Those are GREAT.

We're on a roll...
    I've got some cool new photos scraped up from the furthest boundaries of the cyberuniverse. Two new photos of the Corpse Bride at Disneyland (early 70's), and a rare, very early shot of the berm graveyard (mid-70's??) showing the Phineas Pock and Wathel Bender stones side by side. This is the only evidence yet as to where these stones were. Apparently they were 'way up the hill, near the top.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Any day with new corpse bride photos is a good day: love the second one in particular, for some reason. And hooray berm graveyard.

Thanks for posting those, Dan! They are fantastic.

I came up with a theory about the origins of a lesser known character. When you enter the grand hall, one of the first ghosts you see is a grandmother ghost knitting/reading in her rocking chair. Name:  HM74D.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  130.7 KB
    She sadly doesn't get that much attention but there may be a story behind her. I'm guessing most of you know the story about Yale Gracey, but if not, lets begin.
    Yale was 8 years old when he went to his relatives for the summer. When they were about to leave, his mom asked him what his favorite part of the trip was. He told her his favorite part was the old woman that would come out of the closet to read to him and his cousins every night. It was obvious the cousins didn't want the parents to know. This is were the story gets creepy. His aunt did research on the house and found a 19th century photo of a family. One of the family members was the old woman, exactly how the kids described her.(cue twilight zone theme)
    Although I would like to think that the grandmother ghost was inspired by Yale's paranormal experience, but sadly there's still a piece of evidence that debunks my theory.
    One of Ken Anderson's sketches may have influenced the grandmother ghost Name:  DHI-1.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  36.6 KB
    Who knows what the true origins are, you could say they're...... long forgotten

• Minion

Interesting story about the old lady ghost. According to the Haunted Mansion video game, apparently she died by drinking tea with rat poison in it.

• Minion

The old lady in the rocking chair is reported to be the one of the two original Grandmother figures from the original 1964 New York World's Fair version of the General Electric Carousel of Progress. It wouldn't surprise me to find there are other recycled AA figures in the Mansion as well.

Name:  4562298-18260418-thumbnail.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  74.4 KB
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 02-08-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    The old lady in the rocking chair is reported to be the one of the two original Grandmother figures from the original 1964 New York World's Fair version of the General Electric Carousel of Progress. It wouldn't surprise me to find there are other recycled AA figures in the Mansion as well.

Name:  4562298-18260418-thumbnail.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  74.4 KB
    I actually know that

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM