Page 433 of 618 FirstFirst ... 333383408423430431432433434435436443458483533 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 9267

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Fig, you're getting a big hat tip on the next LF blog post. I subjected those maquettes to some scrutiny and the post turned out so well that I'm moving it to the head of the line and posting it next (I had a few others in the can, ready to go).
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    So, about that lemonade set...
    I got some pics over the weekend. I'm uploading tonight for your scrutinizing pleasure.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

Here's a treat.
    When the Shipley-Lydecker house was first discovered as the inspiration for the HM, there was some scouting around for further photos of the place. The main source of info for the SL house was a booklet at the Enoch Pratt Free Library in Maryland with a poorly reproduced photo on the front:

Well, it turns out that photo was taken in 1945 and is from the Baltimore Sun. Here's the original photo:

The house had evidently been heavily remodeled by then, as the side porches are gone.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Ok, here's a link to the Flickr album with the lemonade set. These were taken this Monday, the 11th.
    Haunted Mansion - a set on Flickr

Sorry there's not more, or a higher quality, but there was almost no line to get in and I was at the will of a 2 year old, so I didn't have the luxury to really setup and frame anything.

I think I also have pictures of the birdbath from an old trip that I could upload here, if there's still interest.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    Ok, here's a link to the Flickr album with the lemonade set. These were taken this Monday, the 11th.
    Haunted Mansion - a set on Flickr

Sorry there's not more, or a higher quality, but there was almost no line to get in and I was at the will of a 2 year old, so I didn't have the luxury to really setup and frame anything.

I think I also have pictures of the birdbath from an old trip that I could upload here, if there's still interest.
    I don't know what you're apologizing for, those are great. Good to know they're still using that prop. And sure, give us the bird...bath.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Thank you for those, SD!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Finally, a video that shows the rain outside the windows in the Changing Portrait hall, courtesy of Foxxy (she of Passport to Dreams Old and New fame).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQrO7pgPnWY

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Fig, you're getting a big hat tip on the next LF blog post. I subjected those maquettes to some scrutiny and the post turned out so well that I'm moving it to the head of the line and posting it next (I had a few others in the can, ready to go).
    Can't take all the credit for stumbling upon it. I found the link on the Doombuggies Facebook feed, so I guess it was Baham's Google-Fu that delivered.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Can't take all the credit for stumbling upon it. I found the link on the Doombuggies Facebook feed, so I guess it was Baham's Google-Fu that delivered.
    Well, I'll give you both a hat tip. One of those maquettes (the harpist) turned out to be quite interesting... you'll see.

There's a 2005 DL HM ride-thru up on youtube I hadn't seen before. Gives us yet another look at the first attic blastup.

We were discussing various designs for the blastups. It's clearer than usual in this video that the design is this one:

The video allowed for constructing some 3Ds. Nothing earthshaking, but I love these random attic junk 3Ds. Just makes you want to walk in and wander around. In this one the blastup wires can be seen. Here's the 3D ("magic eye" style) in three sizes.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/223210
    Bleak House is Guillermo Del Toro's second home where he keeps his collection of memorabilia, movie props, toys, etc. I can definitely see his style in the haunted mansion.
    Last edited by Hatbox999; 02-18-2013 at 09:15 AM.

I don't mean to get off topic, but I've always wondered if the attic pop-up mechanisms are still in there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the HMH attic pop-ups are in the same locations as the regular ones used to be, so I'm thinking the mechanisms might be still there and are being used during HMH. Any thoughts?
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

How about these photos - anything we haven't seen?

4 Haunted Mansion Photos w Negatives Disneyland Early 1970'S | eBay

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    How about these photos - anything we haven't seen?

4 Haunted Mansion Photos w Negatives Disneyland Early 1970'S | eBay
    I think we just got our confirmation that Corpse Bride was indeed the original WDW Bride and that Red Hatbox was there from the beginning.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

That 'floating chair' in back of the bride and 'Huck Finn' statuette interests me, solely from....would guests even see it, and why not just put it on the ground? I doubt it moved like it was floating up and down (an effect someone would notice if lasted long in the Mansion). Why randomly hang it from the rafters at all?
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM