Page 439 of 584 FirstFirst ... 339389414429436437438439440441442449464489539 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 8757

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    New (to me) info regarding the WDW Attic.It appears that the 1996 Attic re-do was somewhat more extensive than I initially thought. It seems in the original WDW Attic All the pop-up ghosts popped out of some kind of trunk.

When the Attic was re-done in 1996 all the trunks were removed and the Pop-up Ghosts now dressed as Groomsmen just came out of holes in the ground like in the Graveyard Scene.

I can't believe it took me that long to notice that.
    Also found this really detailed shot of part of the WDW Ambrose Tableau for potential future exploration.
    ~ the attic ~ | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Another factor in the "Kids or no Kids in the Mansion" argument has appeared in the Disneyland Mansion as what appears to be a dollhouse has been spotted in the Ambrose Tableau at Disneyland.
    Haunted Mansion Attic Dollhouse | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    I found another pic that supports your theory:
    Name:  atticwdwapr84.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  50.3 KB
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    I found another pic that supports your theory:
    Name:  atticwdwapr84.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  50.3 KB
    It's beyond a theory Passport 2 Dreams talks about it here.
    *Passport to Dreams Old & New: Start to Shriek and Harmonize
    I (rather stupidly)had not read that article before last night and my first visit to WDW was in 1999 so I had assumed the Pop-Up Ghosts had always popped out of holes in the ground I was unaware that any other changes were made other than the Bride and the Groomsman Outfits for the pop-ups when it was re-done in 96 but now I know and it definitely gives added perspective.

It's beyond a theory Passport 2 Dreams talks about it here.
    *Passport to Dreams Old & New: Start to Shriek and Harmonize
    I (rather stupidly)had not read that article before last night and my first visit to WDW was in 1999 so I had assumed the Pop-Up Ghosts had always popped out of holes in the ground I was unaware that any other changes were made other than the Bride and the Groomsman Outfits for the pop-ups when it was re-done in 96 but now I know and it definitely gives added perspective.
    Man, I wish the attic was still like this. When I first went on HM, when I was about three, the pop-ups scared the bejesus out of me. At this point, they were already groomsmen. The strange thing is that I don't remember the bride on that first trip, however I do remember Little Leota. I do remember the bride from the SECOND time I went on HM, however. I was only five, and the pop-ups still made me poop myself. It was years after that I went on the HM again, and it was right after Constance, and since then, I go on the HM every time I go to WDW (Three times a year). I really miss the old scene.
    "Lemme outta here!"

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    Man, I wish the attic was still like this. When I first went on HM, when I was about three, the pop-ups scared the bejesus out of me. At this point, they were already groomsmen. The strange thing is that I don't remember the bride on that first trip, however I do remember Little Leota. I do remember the bride from the SECOND time I went on HM, however. I was only five, and the pop-ups still made me poop myself. It was years after that I went on the HM again, and it was right after Constance, and since then, I go on the HM every time I go to WDW (Three times a year). I really miss the old scene.
    I would argue that the Constance Presentation trumps the Attic as it was from the mid-90s till the mid 00s when both scenes were artisticly compromised (I Dos for Disneyland and trunk removals for WDW)
    The original 1969 presentation (and to an extent the 1971 presentation) were more fully thought out in terms of symbolism (Hatboxes, Bodies in trunks) You could say that the Constance Presentation is a sort of homage to the way the original 1969 scene was set up, Only more blatent.
    Last edited by HMF; 03-14-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Sign this petition and pass it to your friends!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/491/0...ic-scene-back/
    "Lemme outta here!"

• Inhospitable about happy

There has always been evidence in the attic of children once living in the house. There's a pram in there (at DL) that you can see even in very early photos, like this one:

As for Connie, there are for me two good reasons to deeply dislike her and wish her gone.

First, thematically and conceptually, she makes the attic boring. It's true that she harks back accurately to the earliest brides of the attic, but with Connie you get all the blanks filled in for you, and there's little left for you to deduce or imagine now. Thanks a lot.

Second, artistically and technically, she looks like crap on a stick, and furthermore, the first tableau (Ambrose) interferes obnoxiously with the Ballroom reflection.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

Second, artistically and technically, she looks like crap on a stick, and furthermore, the first tableau (Ambrose) interferes obnoxiously with the Ballroom reflection.

I do agree that the Disneyland incarnation looks pretty bad right now, Hopefully, the far superior WDW model will eventually come West or maybe an even better one. If I had my way she would be mostly animatronic with the glowing heart back.
    Last edited by HMF; 03-14-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Since the MS Escher / grand staircase re-haunted Haunted Mansion room at the Magic Kingdom in WDW has been discussed in one of the Long Forgotten HM effect threads before (great lights-on pictures!), I thought I would ask folks here: how are the footsteps themselves produced? Posted a separate thread for this question and wanted to alert folks to it. Originally in the Disneyland Forum but was moved to the WDW forum:

Is it front or rear projection? (I made my own projected version of it). A light/box scrim effect? Fiber optics?

Here's a link to the thread:

How is Haunted Mansion's ghostly footsteps effect produced in the grand staircase?
    How is Haunted Mansion's ghostly footsteps effect produced in the grand staircase?

A nice coffin photo. Could be either DL or WDW, but it's definitely before 1973.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    A nice coffin photo. Could be either DL or WDW, but it's definitely before 1973.

I would say Disneyland due to the lack of red light.

I would say Disneyland due to the lack of red light.
    Could well be; however, it's a professional photo, not a tourist snap, so it's also possible that the lighting has been manipulated for the photo shoot.

I'm thinking it's DL, and that it's 1971 or 72. The photo comes from a 1973 publication, so there's your absolute cut-off. Photos of the DL coffin in 1969 show it shrouded in heavy cobwebbing. There's less of it in 1970, but it's still noticeable. WDW also started out with a lot of cobwebbing, and there's still some that's very noticeable on the candlesticks in a 1974 photo. There's none at all in this photo, so I think WDW can probably be ruled out.

The other possibility is that this is a very old photo from DL. In the pre-opening publicity shots and in the WED stock footage, from the summer of '69, there's no cobwebbing. They put it on not too long before opening day.

Incidentally, at DL there is once again light cobwebbing on the coffin and between the candlesticks, but if you go back maybe six or seven years, there's none.

OMG
    Scroll down to the HM part and read it:
    Orlando Theme Park Magic « Valderi365
    "Lemme outta here!"

It's a three year old post, so not worth responding to, IMO. Lotta iggorant people around.

And I've gotten this word from GRD (remember him?):

The Grand Staircase footsteps are projections from the floor below.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I find the photo attached to the HM section even more hilarious: it's from (likely) a Sally corporation dark ride with the laser-gun targets plainly visible. People know nothing indeed.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM