Page 441 of 591 FirstFirst ... 341391416431438439440441442443444451466491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 8864

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Greetings, All!

Long time reader, first time poster...

I am hoping to locate (especially given all the massively creative videos and artwork I keep seeing in these Haunted Mansion threads) some fellow 'Haunted Fans' who will be interested in assisting me with a life long dream...

My name is Kevin Karstens, and I am in the process of getting a business idea I have come up with marketed to the public/investors...it revolves around a chain of 'blank' interior rides (empty rooms with Doom Buggy style tracks running through them) which can be changed out to feature an all new attraction any time the owner wishes. Local businesses contribute supplies/elements to be used (in exchange for free advertising) and local artists come together to make it all happen.

I call it 'Mutual Attractions', as it is mutually beneficial to small business and the community.

I am looking to create a particular theme in miniature/via CGI video to demonstrate how an attraction might play out...I chose a 'haunted' one first, as they are my personal favorite, and I have created one miniature version of a scene from the 'Spectre Seekers: Bedform Asylum' concept/script I came up with (currently building the next scene as I am posting this)...but it occurs to me, after seeing all of your impressive & creative HM themed works here, that folks would be perfect fellow fans to hopefully assist me in creating animated/working miniature versions of the scenes for my attraction...

You can see more on 'Mutual Attractions' and the 'Bedford Asylum' theme on our Facebook page, and website:

Mutual Attractions - A New Concept In Dark Rides

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mutua...76039065797738

Thanks for taking the time to look all this over, and I hope to hear from you soon...

-K
    [email protected]

PS...I am also an artist for a living...created this recent toon, thought you might enjoy it...

Name:  530195_4035189554704_712408486_n.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  98.9 KB

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I'm not totally sure whether this is a leaked storyboard, but if it is, I'm so excited!

It's another fan made video, like that first 'leaked' one...(sorry to disappoint......)

New Haunted Mansion Movie - YouTube

I have to ask (and seeing as that my first post here has had no responses...sorry if I put it in the wrong thread, my apologies, but I genuinely figured that w/ so many creative HM fans here, it was a good idea), I noted that way earlier in this thread folks were discussing one of my fave topics, RE the Mansion...the potential/possible return of the Hatbox Ghost...and it got me thinking...

As an artist/animator, I am considering an attempt at creating a POV video that would 'insert' Hattie in (as realistically as possible) to existing HD footage of the attic/bride, etc just for fun...BUT one question springs to mind: HOW should he LOOK?

I mean, given that the bride is now 'Constance' (I personally prefer the dark faced, glowing eyes bride...FAR creepier), and Constance has a more 'realistic/human' appearance in her face/hands, she speaks, etc...should Hattie be somewhat 'updated' to look more 'real' and less 'cartoonish ghoul' in appearance?

If I were to take the time to attempt to make this video, I would of course wish to share it with fellow fans, like you guys...so I would love to hear your opinions on this...what do YOU think?

Thanks in Advance...and again, if my initial post here (RE 'Mutual Attractions') was in error, I apologize...

• Minion

Personally, I prefer the original Hat Box Ghost. He's right on the edge between realistic and cartoony. However, I can see your dilemma with Chatty Connie being too realistic. On the other hand, it would not be the first occurrence of mixing real human faces with caricatures in the same scene in The Mansion if you go with the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Personally, I prefer the original Hat Box Ghost. He's right on the edge between realistic and cartoony. However, I can see your dilemma with Chatty Connie being too realistic. On the other hand, it would not be the first occurrence of mixing real human faces with caricatures in the same scene in The Mansion if you go with the original.
    Excellent points, all...

More or less, I'm picturing the effect of Hattie's head 'disappearing and reappearing' being accomplished via the same projection technology that is currently employed to bring Constance 'to life' (a shame this tech didn't exist back when HBG was originally debuted, or that they didn't think of something similar, yet simple...flashing projections from a 'slide projector' with timed lights to match her heartbeats, etc...as it would have solved the illusion problems very nicely)...

I would think the same BASIC face for HBG would be great, just SLIGHTLY 'updated' (I know how many folks here shiver when that dreaded word is mentioned, sorry) to make it a bit more 'real'...

Maybe a bit more like the original 'rough' version created by Yale Gracey?

http://crocco.net/blog/images/hbghost10.jpg

A while ago I recolored some of the 999 happy haunts. Here's the attic bride we all know and love.
    Name:  heart beating bride.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  2.7 KB

• Inhospitable about happy

Welcome from out of the shadows, karcreat. That HHG cartoon is clever and professional. As for the HBG, bear in mind that (1) the technical problems with the illusion are solved. They were thisclose to installing HBG 2.0 before a last-minute cancellation. (2) He will undoubtedly look like the HBG in Del Toro's upcoming movie, whenever that becomes a reality. I'm 90% certain that this prototype by Kevin and Jody was built for del Toro, and he does look a lot like the original prototype.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

New LF post up.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Welcome from out of the shadows, karcreat. That HHG cartoon is clever and professional. As for the HBG, bear in mind that (1) the technical problems with the illusion are solved. They were thisclose to installing HBG 2.0 before a last-minute cancellation. (2) He will undoubtedly look like the HBG in Del Toro's upcoming movie, whenever that becomes a reality. I'm 90% certain that this prototype by Kevin and Jody was built for del Toro, and he does look a lot like the original prototype.

Thank you for the very kind welcome, much appreciated...

RE the artwork, your compliment there is also very kind...I'm an artist for a living (going on 22 years now) and I've been obsessed with the Haunted Mansion since I was about 8 years old (I just turned 47)...you cannot fathom how wonderful it is for me to stumble across so many other folks here on these boards who love the attraction too (except YOU guys are all FAR more knowledgeable of it's details, history and creation than I could ever HOPE to be...curse you at the same time for getting me so side tracked in reading all your posts in these threads, LOL!)

Way back when I was wee, my kid sister and I used to actually recreate scenes from the HM in our backyard (and I mean SERIOUSLY recreate...with motorized figures, burning out the motors on several of my poor suffering mother's record players, audio on a cassette player which sat in a wheel barrow we pushed neighborhood kids through in for a dime, etc) so finding other devoted fans such as you is very cool...

RE 'They were thisclose to installing HBG 2.0 before a last-minute cancellation', this is the first I have heard of THIS (I HAD heard RUMORS for YEARS about Hattie's POSSIBLE return...but seriously, they really were/are planning to genhuinely put him back at some point? Or is this just conjecture??)

RE '
    Del Toro's upcoming movie'...again, I have heard rumors for years, seen the ComiCon Teaser trailer, etc...but nothing solid...Del Toro seems to keep getting onto OTHER projects and shelving the HM feature, I am beginning to lose hope for it...

I have seen (and LOVED) the work done by
    Kevin and Jody before, they are amazingly talented...the best way I can come up with to 'insert' a Hattie scene into existing footage would be to use a clip (HD) that shows Constance, then 'pans away' from her to darkness...then pan to the viewers RIGHT (if I am getting the set up correct) and show footage of the HBG...then pan LEFT away from it to show one of my favorite bits in the HM that is rarely appreciated, the 'banshee' ghosts POURING out of the earth to the sky, right as you exit the attic...

If I were to incorporate existing 'footage' of Hattie, I might be able to somehow use this clip, tho it would mean showing Hattie in his 'classic appearance' and admittedly, the footage is rather 'grainy' and 'chunky' quality (plus, I would need Brandon's permission)...

<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 204);">

...I could also 'pan over' to show animated footage (still pics I would animate), but simulating the 'hand held camera' effect might be tricky...

Trip report time!
    OK, I just got back from MK and I'm staying in the Beach Club Villas. I have a few HM-related things to report. First off, the bicycle ghosts look fantastic! Also, the ballroom ghosts seemed to have a bit more of a glow than before, and Constance looked a little more HD to me (or maybe I'm just imagining things). The graveyard pop-ups do have some individual black-lighting, which makes them look great. Some of them, however, were not working. The one right before the HHG and the one near the mummy were there, but turned off. The Mansion is in great shape! I'm going back tomorrow to take pictures and video. Stay tuned!
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

By the way, here is that 'banshee ghosts pouring from the earth' scene I mentioned/love so much...

Last edited by karcreat; 03-23-2013 at 05:04 PM.

The return of HBG was no rumor. He was going to be put in for the 40th Anniversary, but the installation was cancelled at the last minute, supposedly to free up funds for another project (sounds dubious). The story was covered at MiceAge, and I've communicated with people involved in the project. The technical problems with the effect are solved.

As for del Toro, every time the subject is raised he's adamant that the project is still alive, so I think it'll happen eventually.

THANK YOU, HBG2...you have (temporarily, anyway) restored my faith in both the Del Toro film possibility AND the hopeful return of Hattie...

Oh, I am still only on page 336 of this thread (making my way slowly through it all when I take breaks from drawing...it's my 'reward' every few hours), and I had yet to see anyone post this...if I had yet to get to it, and it's a 'repeat' my apologies...otherwise, I was pretty sure you all would 'dig it'...

Last edited by karcreat; 03-23-2013 at 08:24 PM.

I'm still not giving up hope on the haunted mansion film. Hopefully Disney can really get it going this year. Also, on another note I was wondering. Why is it that Orlando's HM seems to get special treatment in everything? I'm not asking for the queue but I do have to say the Orlando's HM Interactive hitchhiking ghosts are pretty cool. Why can't California's HM have this addition?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM