Page 447 of 618 FirstFirst ... 347397422437444445446447448449450457472497547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 9257

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Seen at the Carroll County "Peep Show" here in Maryland:

Attachment 28693
    OK, that's pretty awesome!
    BTW, I'm also in MD!
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Here's a question. Do any of you fellow Haunted Mansion fans believe in ghosts?

• Evil is Sexy

Yes. *nods* They just don't like me. So if you need your real haunted location to be quieted down, I'll come spend a few days so you can enjoy some peace. Can't promise they won't return when I leave, though.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by Hatbox999 View Post
    I do to an extent.
    "Lemme outta here!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hatbox999 View Post
    Do Audio Animatronic ones count?

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Do Audio Animatronic ones count?
    Nice one Frollofan
    "Lemme outta here!"

I'm an interested party as far as "real" ghosts go. I would love to experience or see something, but really haven't had much happen. Our theater ghost has said hello to me, and I used to see lights in my parents' house when I was a kid, but nothing concrete. Nothing that leads me to be certain of anything.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Guys, I have terrible news this morning. It has been reported on multiple websites that Eddie Murphy will reprise his role as Jim Evers in Del Toro's Haunted Mansion. "We have finally returned Murphy's calls" is what Del Toro had to say about the decision. "The movie will be a reboot of the original, centered around the Hatbox Ghost. It will be scary, but humorous with Murphy's one liners throughout the film."

Guys, it's over.
    "Lemme outta here!"

That's terrible!!!

Now to just check the date..........

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    That's terrible!!!

Now to just check the date..........

"Lemme outta here!"

Quote Originally Posted by KyleDixonDesigns View Post
    Hey there, Mikeerdas...I'm a theatrical scenic designer and use scrim all the time. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. You can send a private message if you want so we don't clog up the thread.
    Thanks Kyle. No particular questions on scrim use. I'd be interested to know of any good reference books or videos you might recommend on the use of scrim. Just wanting to learn more in general.

As for scrim use in the Mansion, to keep things on-topic, there's the scrim ceiling in the stretching room and, evidently scrim was once used to accomplish the changing portraits effect (e.g. ghost ship, medusa lady, etc). And evidently also currently used in the graveyard scene to add depth. Is it used anywhere else in the Mansion?

@xFoolishMortalx, good thing it's April Fool's Day re: Eddie Murphy.

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    Guys, I have terrible news this morning. It has been reported on multiple websites that Eddie Murphy will reprise his role as Jim Evers in Del Toro's Haunted Mansion. "We have finally returned Murphy's calls" is what Del Toro had to say about the decision. "The movie will be a reboot of the original, centered around the Hatbox Ghost. It will be scary, but humorous with Murphy's one liners throughout the film."

Guys, it's over.
    Mmm... nope. The Jungle Cruise one got me better.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by mikeerdas View Post
    As for scrim use in the Mansion, to keep things on-topic, there's the scrim ceiling in the stretching room and, evidently scrim was once used to accomplish the changing portraits effect (e.g. ghost ship, medusa lady, etc). And evidently also currently used in the graveyard scene to add depth. Is it used anywhere else in the Mansion?
    In current use, I would add the scrim the projected ghosts fly up on in the graveyard. In past use, the scrim that hid the HBG's hatbox head when it was unlit.

Of course about my Eddie Murphy statement,

​APRIL FOOLS!
    "Lemme outta here!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mikeerdas View Post
    As for scrim use in the Mansion, to keep things on-topic, there's the scrim ceiling in the stretching room and, evidently scrim was once used to accomplish the changing portraits effect (e.g. ghost ship, medusa lady, etc).
    I don't believe scrims were ever used for the changing portraits. As far as I know, they were always translucent screens with slide projectors behind, until recently.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM