Page 450 of 644 FirstFirst ... 350400425440447448449450451452453460475500550 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 9656

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Good to see those last three - thank you for that collection, HBG2!

And good stuff as well about the Geisterschloss - I've always rather enjoyed it from videos seen, and seems sufficiently different in tone/'weirder' than the HM as it were, not a straight rip off.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

You're welcome, and now you Floridians have your marching orders: better pix of Priscilla and Cousin Algernon, if you please.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

"Ned Nub" always sounds to me like it should be an anagram for something. Maybe it's just because it has a bit of a similar sound as "Red Rum." The only decent anagrams of "Ned Nub" are "unbend" and "nun bed."

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    "Ned Nub" always sounds to me like it should be an anagram for something. Maybe it's just because it has a bit of a similar sound as "Red Rum." The only decent anagrams of "Ned Nub" are "unbend" and "nun bed."
    Don't forget the simple reversal, "bun den". Why the Imagineers would try to send us a secret message regarding a cave full of delicious pastries is beyond me, though.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Here's a clearer shot of Cousin Algernon from my trip to FL in January:

_MG_4140 by EliCubs, on Flickr

I tried to get shots of the whole extended queue, but must have missed Priscilla somehow. More shots are available in this set on my Flickr:
    Magic Kingdom - a set on Flickr
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• Member of Baxter's Army

I still think that the fact that the character graves don't have epitaphs. especially with a Phineas Pock one pre-existing. Lazy Show Writing in my opinion. BTW, I think we should have a serious hypothetical discussion about how to realisticly fix the objectionable elements of PLQ while leaving the few good elements intact. I know it won't change anything unfortunately but it would be interesting nontheless.
    Last edited by HMF; 04-08-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Those sound like indecent anagrams to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW View Post
    Don't forget the simple reversal, "bun den". Why the Imagineers would try to send us a secret message regarding a cave full of delicious pastries is beyond me, though.
    That one too.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    Here's a clearer shot of Cousin Algernon from my trip to FL in January:

_MG_4140 by EliCubs, on Flickr

I tried to get shots of the whole extended queue, but must have missed Priscilla somehow. More shots are available in this set on my Flickr:
    Magic Kingdom - a set on Flickr
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    I still think that the fact that the character graves don't have epitaphs. especially with a Phineas Pock one pre-existing. Lazy Show Writing in my opinion. BTW, I think we should have a serious hypothetical discussion about how to realisticly fix the objectionable elements of PLQ while leaving the few good elements intact. I know it won't change anything unfortunately but it would be interesting nontheless.
    Put Campbell's tombstone and the three original tombstones (Marc, Gracey, Xavier) out in the graveyard, then bulldoze everything inside the new queue courtyard except the wall crypts with tributes to Imagineers. Sorry, but that's my bottom line negotiating position for any fix-it project.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Those sound like indecent anagrams to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW View Post
    That one too.
    Seeing as "bunden" is also Swedish for "bound" or "tied up", I think you may be on to something here.

• Mr. Ghost

Phantom Fantasia a dark ride at Thorpe Park in Surrey UK. Too bad the ride burned down in 2000. At 1:16 is a familiar looking coffin. 1:59 is a ballroom. 3:38 is some waltzing figures, and at 4:22 is a mad organist. Another ride I can think of is Dracula's Castle at Lagoon Amusement park near Farmington (Outside of Salt Lake City), Utah. Though it may be just a passing resemblance, there is a hall of portraits, though it's hard to find a good video of this. I used to visit Lagoon as a child in the 80's but was too scared to ride Dracula's Castle. Trivia: I found out Bill Tracy was involved it the park's two haunted houses: the aforementioned Dracula's Castle and Terroride.

( I really tried to find a good video of both, but it's really hard)

• Minion

I heard they're turning the Bun Den into a Starbuns.

New post up at LF

By the way, the dating system for Blogger is gone bonkers. Sometimes when you update an old post, it redates it to today's date and moves it to the front of the line. So the sequence of some of the latest posts is all messed up.
    Last edited by HBG2; 04-10-2013 at 03:44 PM.

I added an animated GIF to the post.

Well now THIS is kinda fun. Lonesome Ghost tells me that we're still missing one of the new tombstones at WDW in our picture galleries. Way up the hill, beyond, and to our left side of the GUS stone, is a blank tombstone. LG says it's blank on purpose, the idea being that it's reserved for the 1000th ghost. From a number of angles it's concealed by the trees, so it's quite easy to miss, probably on purpose.

​A blank tombstone- what a cool detail!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Well now THIS is kinda fun. Lonesome Ghost tells me that we're still missing one of the new tombstones at WDW in our picture galleries. Way up the hill, beyond, and to our left side of the GUS stone, is a blank tombstone. LG says it's blank on purpose, the idea being that it's reserved for the 1000th ghost. From a number of angles it's concealed by the trees, so it's quite easy to miss, probably on purpose.

I have to say that's actually pretty creative.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM