Page 457 of 616 FirstFirst ... 357407432447454455456457458459460467482507557 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 9231

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

One of the creepiest thing of the Mansion from childhood was the Sinister 11 Jack the Ripper, Dracula, and Rasputin. o_O
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Hello all! I have read through all the Threads over the past couple of months and have finally joined MC. Hurrah!

I was at the Magic and Animal Kingdoms yesterday for my birthday and thought you'd be interested in knowing that Leota was floating (which I'd never seen before as she was grounded the other times I've been there - a few months ago, and a few weeks ago) and the moving walkway in the load area is back to the bats, rather than the carpet runner paintjob (strange, since it couldn't be because of serious damage if it's the other side of the same belt).

The seance room was beautifully dark, but there was an odd patch of light (maybe 2 feet sq) on the upper-left of the wall behind Leota, with what might have been the raven's shadow in it. I don't remember ever seeing that before and it was somewhat distracting. The table seemed to be lower in the room to give Leota floating space, but don't take my word on that since I've only been on the ride a handful of times.

I remember seeing a complaint somewhere recently that the graveyard was too dark and some things were not visible, so I thought you'd all like to know that yesterday it was absolutely perfect.

That eyesore of a portrait sitting next to the HHGs was very dark and I saw no hint of flames - there's really no point in it being there. I couldn't even tell that it was supposed to be the woman from the queue.

Oh, and I noticed a crack in the ballroom glass. I'm not sure if it was part of the bullet hole damage (didn't spot the hole or web). What I saw was the distinct shine of glass crack (harhar) about 8 inches long. It was near a post and around chest height.
    EDIT: I just realized I didn't know which Mansion had the actual bullet hole, and it seems it's DLR... so there's a big ol' crack in WDW's glass with no obvious explanation.

Why didn't they ever touch up the paint where the hands were removed in the CoD? It looks awful, like they just ripped the hands off the door and called it a day.

That's all for now - Maybe this update can liven the place up a bit!
    Last edited by LibbyK; 05-07-2013 at 12:30 PM.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    One of the creepiest thing of the Mansion from childhood was the Sinister 11 Jack the Ripper, Dracula, and Rasputin. o_O
    Except that no Rasputin portrait was ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by LibbyK View Post
    Hello all! I have read through all the Threads over the past couple of months and have finally joined MC. Hurrah!

I was at the Magic and Animal Kingdoms yesterday for my birthday and thought you'd be interested in knowing that Leota was floating (which I'd never seen before as she was grounded the other times I've been there - a few months ago, and a few weeks ago) and the moving walkway in the load area is back to the bats, rather than the carpet runner paintjob (strange, since it couldn't be because of serious damage if it's the other side of the same belt).

The seance room was beautifully dark, but there was an odd patch of light (maybe 2 feet sq) on the upper-left of the wall behind Leota, with what might have been the raven's shadow in it. I don't remember ever seeing that before and it was somewhat distracting. The table seemed to be lower in the room to give Leota floating space, but don't take my word on that since I've only been on the ride a handful of times.

I remember seeing a complaint somewhere recently that the graveyard was too dark and some things were not visible, so I thought you'd all like to know that yesterday it was absolutely perfect.

That eyesore of a portrait sitting next to the HHGs was very dark and I saw no hint of flames - there's really no point in it being there. I couldn't even tell that it was supposed to be the woman from the queue.

Oh, and I noticed a crack in the ballroom glass. I'm not sure if it was part of the bullet hole damage (didn't spot the hole or web). What I saw was the distinct shine of glass crack (harhar) about 8 inches long. It was near a post and around chest height.
    EDIT: I just realized I didn't know which Mansion had the actual bullet hole, and it seems it's DLR... so there's a big ol' crack in WDW's glass with no obvious explanation.

Why didn't they ever touch up the paint where the hands were removed in the CoD? It looks awful, like they just ripped the hands off the door and called it a day.

That's all for now - Maybe this update can liven the place up a bit!
    That crack is new news if that's what it is. It ought to be followed up.

Here's an Ol' Blasty gif that turned out tolerably well.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Member of Baxter's Army

and the moving walkway in the load area is back to the bats, rather than the carpet runner paintjob (strange, since it couldn't be because of serious damage if it's the other side of the same belt).

!
    The "Endless carpet" design on the load and unload platform is a DL-only feature as of right now. it was added after HMH in either 08 or 09. It has never been implemented in Florida.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Ah... I haven't posted in this thread for a while now. Sorry about that guys! I am still here though. I'm also going to DLRP next month and hope to get lots of pics of Phantom Manor, so if any of you want pics of anything specific around the Manor now would be the time to say.
    I will be making my first ever trip to DLRP next month, as well, so you can get double the photos, double the fun! Act now!
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    The "Endless carpet" design on the load and unload platform is a DL-only feature as of right now. it was added after HMH in either 08 or 09. It has never been implemented in Florida.
    WDW had the carpet paintjob when I was there last month. I went through the Mansion 3 times that day and my husband saw it too (and we've never been to Disneyland). I know this is just words from an internet stranger, but I guarantee you it was there. It looked brand-spankin' new (not worn partly away like the bats that are back there now). I don't know why they changed it, then changed back - but that is what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    I have now completed the preceding six threads. I’ve seen several new readers asked to post how long it took them to get caught up but very few have posted a response. I am proud to share my record of “time served” to reach the beginning of Thread 7.

I started reading Thread 1 on April 8, 2013. I read the majority of it during down time at work, Monday through Friday, with only one few weekend foray onto the Thread (weekend job + 4-year-old son = not much leisure time on weekends). I completed Thread 6 yesterday (May 6, 2013). That means it took about 21 days at an average of two and a half hours (guesstimate) a day to get from post 1 of Thread 1 to post 1 of Thread 7… and I still retain a modicum of my sanity.
    **I keep it in an Altoids tin on my computer desk.**

If my estimate is correct, I have about the same amount of material to read as is contained in Threads 1-4 to get to my first post in this Thread. It should take about 2 ˝ weeks to catch up, depending on how busy things get at work. Let the adventure continue!
    Just a slight warning' the posts from the spring and summer of 2011 get really ugly.

WDW had the carpet paintjob when I was there last month. I went through the Mansion 3 times that day and my husband saw it too (and we've never been to Disneyland). I know this is just words from an internet stranger, but I guarantee you it was there. It looked brand-spankin' new (not worn partly away like the bats that are back there now). I don't know why they changed it, then changed back - but that is what happened.
    This would require someone who knows the Florida Mansion, well (like a GRD who no longer posts here unfortunately but who we hear from second-handidly occasionally ) to confirm. I never heard about the "Endless Carpet" in Florida.

• Mr. Ghost

a few pages ago, threadsters were posting HM like rides, I forgot to mention Phantom Theater. Here is a video

This would require someone who knows the Florida Mansion, well (like a GRD who no longer posts here unfortunately but who we hear from second-handidly occasionally ) to confirm. I never heard about the "Endless Carpet" in Florida.
    I understand - no hard feelings. I looked up the dates that I rode the WDW Mansion when it had the carpet runner design: February 23 and March 10. Maybe that will help in finding corroboration from a trusted source.

I understand - no hard feelings. I looked up the dates that I rode the WDW Mansion when it had the carpet runner design: February 23 and March 10. Maybe that will help in finding corroboration from a trusted source.
    Did said carpet look like this?DAVELAND HAUNTED MANSION PHOTO

• Minion

Posted this on the Mystic Manor thread on the HKDL board already and it's only quasi-relevant to the Mansion thread, but the full lyrics of the Mystic Manor song are the following:

Magic’s in the air today
    Stand beside me don’t look away
    Try to find some words to say
    If you think you’re fine here, somebody’s got to pay
    Oooh-oh-oooh Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh
    Oh, running away from an ancient curse
    And hiding will only make it worse
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Did said carpet look like this?DAVELAND HAUNTED MANSION PHOTO
    Yep!

Yep!
    At WDW? I am perplexed as to how that escaped notice by the Disney Blogosphere they usually have pagelong updates on new restrooms and other obscurities.
    It's also curious (If true) why they would have changed back.

• Tickets please...

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    I will be making my first ever trip to DLRP next month, as well, so you can get double the photos, double the fun! Act now!
    Hope you enjoy DLRP, its a great theme park. And Phantom Manor is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    a few pages ago, threadsters were posting HM like rides, I forgot to mention Phantom Theater. Here is a video
    Oh talking about that, one of the rides posted before from Thorpe Park; Phantom Fantasia (it was later renamed and some of the scenes changed before it was destroyed) I have been on. I'm not sure if I went on the Phantom Fantasia version of the ride though, I know I've been on the later version, but I did used to go to Thorpe Park a lot so its very probable. I can remember things like the loading area, you loaded on a turntable like the ones used for water rapids rides. From what I can remember the ride was quite well themed. Its a shame it was destroyed as the UK does not have that many big dark rides, we seem more coaster-centric.
    Last edited by Ezra; 05-08-2013 at 01:27 AM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM