Page 461 of 618 FirstFirst ... 361411436451458459460461462463464471486511561 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 9257

• Tickets please...

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Oh, that is lovely. By far the best video capture of the window tableau, with the rain beautifully visible, for once. Nice.

For those of you wondering how it's done, it's a Yale Gracey effect. Imagine a disco mirror ball shaped like a football or barrel and spinning horizontally on its axis, with a light shining up on it from underneath through a perforated screen.
    Oh that I didn't know! Thanks for explaining it. And yes that video was the best one I've watched for the rain effect, most videos it doesn't show up much.

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Name:  tumblr_mmf4u8ONCg1qax0qro1_500.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  82.6 KB
    Courtesy of this Tumblr link some Adventure Time stretch portraits:
    Spunky, Funky & Kinda Chunky
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Evil is Sexy

What is that?! ^
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    What is that?! ^
    Cartoon Network's popular Adventure Time series. Princess Bubblegum and Ricardio taking the Tightrope Girl and Gator spot, Ice King's former identity Simon as the guy on the dynamite barrel, Marceline on a grave of her demon overlord father for the old lady, and main characters Finn and Jake with their robot BMO as the quicksand guys.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Since there seems to be a bit of a lull in the conversation, I have a question. In the COD is the Tomb Sweet Tomb sampler/sign. I have always assumed it was an actual cross stitched piece. I recently looked more closely at a picture of said artwork and I now wonder if it is actually a painted item meant to represent a cross stitched piece. Does any body know what the story is?

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Yoiks!

This has been discussed here before. If I remember correctly, it was originally a cross stitch. Recently it was replaced with a colour print out. In one of the COD, it was originally much bigger too.

• Minion

I was under the impression that the samplers were real, as the one in WDW and the one in DL are different. I too seem to recall that one had disappeared (stolen...?) but I'm not certain. Seems like it might make a good Super-post or blog post for HBG2!

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    I was under the impression that the samplers were real, as the one in WDW and the one in DL are different. I too seem to recall that one had disappeared (stolen...?) but I'm not certain. Seems like it might make a good Super-post or blog post for HBG2!
    The sampler at WDW is just painted.

• Inhospitable about happy

I don't know about the DL one, but I would guess that it too is just painted. Heckuva lot easier and quicker.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Member of Baxter's Army

I find it interesting that they are going back to the Green Canopy at the Magic Kingdom considering the new Magic Kingdom maps (Which now includes PLQ, unfortunately) depicts the red canopy.
    http://static.attractionsmagazine.co...0.14.13-AM.jpg

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Thanks for the sampler info. I've been contemplating making this as a petit point cross stitch (22 Xs per inch) but it would be a very detailed project. I might think about doing it as a tent stitched needlepoint instead (half the stitches).

Back to playing catch up. In the home stretch now at page 425 of this thread

• Inhospitable about happy

Some goodies from Lonesome Ghost. This is the Ambrose/Constance Wedding cake [edit: album, not cake]:

And this here's the George/Constance cake:

Last edited by HBG2; 05-20-2013 at 07:35 AM. Reason: fix error
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Some goodies from Lonesome Ghost. This is the Ambrose/Constance Wedding cake:

And this here's the George/Constance cake:

How did he get those?

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Some goodies from Lonesome Ghost. This is the Ambrose/Constance Wedding cake:

Very interesting! For some reason I always thought this was a wedding album, not a cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Very interesting! For some reason I always thought this was a wedding album, not a cake.
    I did as well.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM