Page 468 of 586 FirstFirst ... 368418443458465466467468469470471478493518568 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 8786

• Tickets please...

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I've returned from DLRP. Had the most amazing time! I went on Phantom Manor at least thirty times I think, its honestly the most beautiful ride there is. Unfortantly a few of the effects were not working but it didn't spoil it. The Organist is missing as is the Phantom in the mirrors, also the Phantom's laugh track is missing on his animatronic near the end of the ride.

I met so many amazing PM Cast Members! Chatted with a few of them and they did begin to recognize me and my friend because of how many times we were going on the ride. I also had my photo taken with a number of them if any of you are interested? Also have some pics of the facade, tried to take some inside (no flash of course) but they all came out pretty dark. One of the CMs actually let me and my friend go around the side entrance when the line was really long, and we had to go to dinner and then to Fantasyland, so we got on the ride straight away. She said it was because 'we love it so much'. The CMs at DLRP are so kind!

Not to mention there was another CM who did a dance at the loading area before letting us board. XD Kinda random. I asked one of them about updates to the Manor, but I don't think they've been told anything about it either.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Glad you had a good time overall and of course interested in any and all photos wish to share!

• Tickets please...

Thanks. I don't have all the pics we took at the moment so I'm going to wait a while before I post some here, just so I can post all the pics at once rather than separately. And maybe some stills from video.

Oh and while I was away... what's been going on Mansion-wise?

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    In terms of things happening. The biggest item recently is that the WDW Queue Canopy has been restored to it's original Dark Green color.

• Closed Account

Annnnnnnd............a credit card marketing stand at the ENTRANCE!

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    We're still missing the old man listening to the mummy in the graveyard at Disneyland, as of my last ride on Friday the 7th.
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• Tickets please...

Okay, thanks for the update guys. But err... what's this about a marketing stand at the entrance?

• Inhospitable about happy

Leapin' lampposts! It's microtrivia time!!!

I just noticed today, looking at some old HM photos, that a lamppost originally on the left side of the queue at the DL HM jumped over on to the right side, sometime between 1975 and 1980.

And when you've all CALMED DOWN, we can continue.

That's okay. I can wait. All the time in the world.

Okay, this is the lamppost I mean:

It was there from the very, very beginning, put in when the building went up:

It's right between the gates in this 1966 shot:

The best pic of it? Probably this 1974 shot, where it's the star of the show.

You can even watch it in 3D! (just don't expect it to move very much):

Okay, now look at this opening week 1969 shot. See the jog in the brick wall? See the nothingness between it and the camera? You do? You see nothingness? Hookay... Um... Well, moving right along...

In this 1980 shot from a very similar angle you can see that there is now a lamppost on our side of the wall next to that little jog that wasn't there before. And the old lamppost is gone (circle on the left).

I could post a lot more pix to prove it, but the original lamppost was indeed uprooted and moved to the other side (or thrown away and an exact duplicate put in). It's still there on the left in 1975 pix, but on the other side in that 1980 pic above, and ever afterwards. I don't have any 1976—79 shots that show that area.

All the other original lampposts seem to be undisturbed. I have no idea why this one was moved. The most interesting theory (proposed by my brother) is that it was in the way of photographers, who commonly shoot the façade from that area, but of course it could have been relocated for much more mundane reasons.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Could be a delayed thing based on it 'getting in the way' of photos, yes - Disney has been known at times to be that detail-oriented (or at least they used to be at Disneyland. Jury's out on if they still are.)

• Inhospitable about happy

There are countless shots taken from exactly this vantage point, and it's a cleaner look without the lamppost there.

I recall how the bandstand was quickly removed from its original position because it blocked that classic shot looking down the length of Main Street at the castle in the distance. Later, they removed a water fountain in that same line of sight for the same reasons. You see it in lots of older photos. So yeah, they used to pay attention to that aspect.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Tickets please...

Phantom Manor pics mega post maybe...

Exterior

Interior (taken from a ride video my friend shot, its actually a pretty good video!)

Cast Members and Me

Extra

I did do a commentary around Boot Hill etc. but I found out I sound very British and very posh. lol. XD BTW my hair was getting messier and messier, it was very hot most days we were there.

• Minion

Great pics! The male PM Cm costumes always make me think of the Dreamfinder.

• hatbox ghost believer

Lovely piccies. Thanx for sharing. Hope to visit DLP someday soon myself!!!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• I do believe in fairies!

Ezra, wonderful pictures. Now that's what a HM should look like. It's sort of has the feel of the Psycho mansion at Universal Studios in California. Is that sacriligeous? Anyway, it looks much "spookier" than the DL version. Sort of decrepid.
    "While there is very little grown-up in a child, there's still a lot of child in every grown up." ~ Walt Disney

• I do believe in fairies!

I want to thank everybody for your contributions to the HM Glossary. Should I post it here or start a new thread?
    "While there is very little grown-up in a child, there's still a lot of child in every grown up." ~ Walt Disney

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM