Page 472 of 618 FirstFirst ... 372422447462469470471472473474475482497522572 ... LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 9257

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Threads Glossary

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Sprite View Post
    HBG: Hat Box Ghost -
    A mysterious ghost in the mansion that seems to disappear and reappear throughout the years. He is a legend amongst the fans. His head disappears off of his shoulders and then reappears in the hat box he is carrying
    You might want to add a few words about the HBG's prominent placement in the HM storybooks and accompanying artwork, which has a lot to do with his visibility/reputation.

HHG: Hitchhiking Ghosts - Gus (the short one with the ball & chain), Ezra (with the bowler hat and elongated thumb), and Phineas (stocky dude wearing a top hat.)
    These are unofficial.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    These are unofficial.
    Were unofficial. Disney's adopted those names for use in various merch and media.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Member of Baxter's Army

These are unofficial.
    They have become official.

• I do believe in fairies!

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Hey, Sprite... nice abbreviation list! One small correction I would make. To most people our current bride Constance is NOT Beating Heart. Beating Heart was/were the bride AA(s) that actually showed a glowing, beating heart (This was all the brides before Connie, I believe). Connie still has the heartbeat soundtrack but does not have a visible beating heart. (Some would say Connie is heartless).
    Thanks for the compliment. I will change that right away. I haven't gotten all the way through HBG2's blog yet so I'm sure he corrected that. I'm only in 2010. So BH is NOT Constance. Got it. You can delete or leave your post as you like.
    Last edited by Mountain Sprite; 06-21-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    "While there is very little grown-up in a child, there's still a lot of child in every grown up." ~ Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    I would hypothesize/argue that MB1 was replaced by MB2 after the first HMH in 2002 rather than the year 2000. After all that time period would give WDI more time to tinker with the figure. Plus there is a photo from January 2000 soon after Marc Davis died showing MB1 standing next to a CM inserted tribute to Marc.

Also CB was not replaced in 1971 but at some point after 1975 likely in the late 70s.
    Got it. Thanks I will update the glossary.
    "While there is very little grown-up in a child, there's still a lot of child in every grown up." ~ Walt Disney

You might want to add a few words about the HBG's prominent placement in the HM storybooks and accompanying artwork, which has a lot to do with his visibility/reputation.

These are unofficial.
    I wouldn't know where to begin. As I said I am very new to the HM lore, but I will add your bit to the glossary. Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by Mountain Sprite; 06-21-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Are there any pics of the HM we need? I'm going again on Monday-Thurs, so I can take any pics we need. I'm taking my stereo camera too, in case anybody wants some more cool 3D Disneyland pics. I'll take requests...

• Tickets please...

Nice abbreviation list! I would suggest perhaps changing the entry for Phantom Manor slightly though, the way its worded makes it sounds like its still Haunted Mansion but just has a different name. The fact the ride's story and characters are mostly all different means its not really a 'Haunted Mansion' but a 'Haunted Mansion-type' ride. In my opinion. Of course this is only a suggestion, its your list.

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

• Tickets please...

Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    Are there any pics of the HM we need? I'm going again on Monday-Thurs, so I can take any pics we need. I'm taking my stereo camera too, in case anybody wants some more cool 3D Disneyland pics. I'll take requests...
    Are you taking pics inside the Mansion (no flash of course), or just the outside?

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

Guess it's too early for posting. I hope you all have a nice day. I will check back later...

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Nice abbreviation list! I would suggest perhaps changing the entry for Phantom Manor slightly though, the way its worded makes it sounds like its still Haunted Mansion but just has a different name. The fact the ride's story and characters are mostly all different means its not really a 'Haunted Mansion' but a 'Haunted Mansion-type' ride. In my opinion. Of course this is only a suggestion, its your list.
    You got it. Actually, it's my attempt to make it everybody's list so that a newbie, like myself, who wanders in here can make heads or tales of what you guys are all saying.

So if the PM is not like the HM, what's the difference? I thought all the rides were basically the same ride with the same features...elevator with elongating pictures, portrait gallery, doombuggies, COD, seance room; ballroom scene, attic, graveyard, HHG, and then exit.
    Last edited by Mountain Sprite; 06-22-2013 at 07:02 AM.

• Minion

D23's uploaded a scan from one of the earlier scripts for their "Behind the Membership Wall" D'Scovered articles.

Instead of "Where Hinges Creak in Doorless Chambers...", we could have had this

When the dismal knell of a requiem bell calls the spirits forth from the tomb.
    And the mournful sound of a baying hound chills your soul with an aura of gloom.
    Then the spirits ride on a ghostly wind wailing their song of doom
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

I've just finished watching this excellent video of a trip through the Phantom Manor and I can see what you mean about the differences between the two rides. Their version seems more in depth and the scare factor lasts longer. There's still a lot of humor in it though, but the beginning is totally different. You are in the doombuggy a lot longer than in our version and it seems to me that because of that your attention is directed towards what they want you to see rather than letting you wander about on your own. Things aren't necessarily in the same order either. Their portrait gallery doesn't come until much later and they have more pictures. I think that's what you guys call the "Sinister 11", right? It's like the DL HM is a template for the ride and they altered it some when they made this version of it. Like adding the library scene and the weird staircase scene. Both really cool additions, I think. I especially like the gravestone of Madame Leota. It's very creepy. It reminds me of the graveyard sculpture in "Interview with the Vampire." If I've read correctly, didn't they alter the queue and make it more interractive?

I've been getting most of my information and abbreviations for the glossary from HBG2's blog so far and it's really explained a lot. I'm only in July 2011 so far so I'm sure there is a lot more to be learned but he has this video posted there that is over an hour long of a trip through the PM. I don't know how he did it because it's almost like he got to walk through the ride and pause whenever he needed to capture more detail of what was going on. Anyway. He focuses a lot on the attic scene and there are several portraits of Constance's different husbands. I don't remember that in ours. I will have to pay closer attention when I go in August. Anyway, I think you all would find this video most interesting, if you are interested in the WDW version that is. I wish we had such an indepth and professional video of our mansion ride.

Last edited by Mountain Sprite; 06-22-2013 at 07:50 AM.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    D23's uploaded a scan from one of the earlier scripts for their "Behind the Membership Wall" D'Scovered articles.

Instead of "Where Hinges Creak in Doorless Chambers...", we could have had this
    Give us more, more, more.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

I've just finished watching this excellent video of a trip through the Phantom Manor and I can see what you mean about the differences between the two rides. Their version seems more in depth and the scare factor lasts longer. There's still a lot of humor in it though, but the beginning is totally different. You are in the doombuggy a lot longer than in our version and it seems to me that because of that your attention is directed towards what they want you to see rather than letting you wander about on your own. Things aren't necessarily in the same order either. Their portrait gallery doesn't come until much later and they have more pictures. I think that's what you guys call the "Sinister 11", right? It's like the DL HM is a template for the ride and they altered it some when they made this version of it. Like adding the library scene and the weird staircase scene. Both really cool additions, I think. I especially like the gravestone of Madame Leota. It's very creepy. It reminds me of the graveyard sculpture in "Interview with the Vampire." If I've read correctly, didn't they alter the queue and make it more interractive?

I've been getting most of my information and abbreviations for the glossary from HBG2's blog so far and it's really explained a lot. I'm only in July 2011 so far so I'm sure there is a lot more to be learned but he has this video posted there that is over an hour long of a trip through the PM. I don't know how he did it because it's almost like he got to walk through the ride and pause whenever he needed to capture more detail of what was going on. Anyway. He focuses a lot on the attic scene and there are several portraits of Constance's different husbands. I don't remember that in ours. I will have to pay closer attention when I go in August. Anyway, I think you all would find this video most interesting, if you are interested in the WDW version that is. I wish we had such an indepth and professional video of our mansion ride.

The WDW version is not called Phantom Manor, but just Haunted Mansion like the DL version

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM