Page 478 of 596 FirstFirst ... 378428453468475476477478479480481488503528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 8933

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

A quick question for you videographers. I dug up my old 8mm video camera and 12 tapes. Two of the tapes were labeled DL91. I was surprised at the clarity of the video and the scenes from the HM. Something I think everyone would be interested in is the bride. I have some good video of her. My problem, getting the video into the computer. This is a pre-digital video. Any suggestions on which conversion hardware works well? Something that will allow me to make god stills and/or video that I can edit.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• the rockawho?

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I've updated the post, thx Rocketeer!

Glad to help out. I am always on the lookout for the "off the shelf items" that were used in the Haunted Mansion.....

I came close several times for the animal graveyard statues, but nothing 100% yet....search continues for those....

• Mr. Ghost

One of the best Phantom Manor sites I've come across is Happy-haunts.com. And the one thing from the HM I've wanted to reproduce is the pop up ghosts. I finally achieved it in 2011, and I've documented the building process of the pop up/grave jumper at my blog

• the rockawho?

the pop up ghost looks great...wish i would had seen that a few years ago....i use to coordinate a 10,000 sq foot haunted maze for halloween...that would had been awesome to add it to the maze....

does anyone know what happened to the ghost relations dept blog?
    The Ghost Relations Department: November 2008

there is a post on his or her blog that i wanted to ask a question about....

• I'm a Lutheran

I'm not sure if this has been posted here before, but I've stumbled upon this wonderful video of Tokyo's wonderful Haunted Mansion.

I must say that I'm rather impressed with how well-kept the interior is. The Corridor of Doors and Attic look REALLY good. I'm also particularly impressed with the color of the graveyard ghosts. I wish ours were like that haha.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by EvilRocketeer View Post
    the pop up ghost looks great...wish i would had seen that a few years ago....i use to coordinate a 10,000 sq foot haunted maze for halloween...that would had been awesome to add it to the maze....

does anyone know what happened to the ghost relations dept blog?
    The Ghost Relations Department: November 2008

there is a post on his or her blog that i wanted to ask a question about....
    What happened is that GRD (Brandon Champlin) became a Disney employee, and Disney discourages its employees from having Disney blogs or chatting too much on chat boards. That's why GRD seldom posts here, although he sometimes does, and has done so a few times very recently. You can probably ask your question by PM'ing him here.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MRaymond View Post
    A quick question for you videographers. I dug up my old 8mm video camera and 12 tapes. Two of the tapes were labeled DL91. I was surprised at the clarity of the video and the scenes from the HM. Something I think everyone would be interested in is the bride. I have some good video of her. My problem, getting the video into the computer. This is a pre-digital video. Any suggestions on which conversion hardware works well? Something that will allow me to make god stills and/or video that I can edit.
    Good luck with that. I wish I had an inexpensive way to transfer my Super-8 Sound home movies of WDW from July, 1978. The only way to see them now is to dig out the projector...

I know somebody who can transfer regular 8 as well as Super 8 at 2k... PM me for more info, if anybody wants.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

We just had a 28 minute long spliced reel of 1976 Super 8 film transferred to DVD for around $100. Check in your area and see if anyone does VHS to DVD transfer. They will likely do film as well or know where you can go.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    I know somebody who can transfer regular 8 as well as Super 8 at 2k... PM me for more info, if anybody wants.
    8mm film or 8mm video?
    I did an 8mm film dub by aiming a video camera at the screen. I would go for the professional transfer.
    8mm video has an adapter you can buy.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• the rockawho?

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I've updated the post, thx Rocketeer!
    Thank you so much for the recognition on your blog. I just notice it.

Here is a little information regarding Virginia Metalcrafters company
    Virginia Metalcrafters - History of an American Manufacturer |

Btw, while searching through the Ghost Relations Dept last night, I notice the same hourglass without the wings on one of the tombstones....maybe the sundial influenced one of the tombstones or the tombstone influenced them to pick the sundial with the hourglass...what do you think HBG2....

both the sundial and tombstone convey a message.....tombstone = Tichborne's Elegy written by Chidiock Tichborne (GRD Blog) which talks about his life is over and he lived it but didnt fully embrace it? (death) and the Sundial = Robert Browning (Long Forgotten Blog)......HBG2 says in his blog "embrace the whole sweep of your life, the good and the bad" (embracing life).

Picture from Ghost Relation Dept. : "my glass is run" from Tichone's Elegy

Picture from Long Forgotten: Grow Old from Browning
    Last edited by EvilRocketeer; 07-02-2013 at 07:16 PM.

• Inhospitable about happy

The hourglass is actually a clichéd image found on lots of old tombstones and other funerary art. Check out some examples from the fabulous Farber Collection.

And I do mean fabulous. You can easily spend several hours looking through that huge and magnificent collection of photos of old tombstones.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    We just had a 28 minute long spliced reel of 1976 Super 8 film transferred to DVD for around $100. Check in your area and see if anyone does VHS to DVD transfer. They will likely do film as well or know where you can go.
    Yeah, but film is a weird duck where doing it to DVD is best done (the right way) by taking each frame and putting it together at 24fps. The way most places like that do it is by just pointing a camera at the screen (or straight into a modified projector) which usually interlaces the film; not an ideal solution. There's a reason they do the video method - it's much cheaper and easier. My friend's rig cost upwards of $10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by MRaymond View Post
    8mm film or 8mm video?
    I did an 8mm film dub by aiming a video camera at the screen. I would go for the professional transfer.
    8mm video has an adapter you can buy.
    8mm film. He does it the right way, too, by capturing each frame separately and linking them together in a 24fps media file.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    8mm film. He does it the right way, too, by capturing each frame separately and linking them together in a 24fps media file.
    My Super-8 Sound home movies run at 18fps. Commercially made films run at 24fps. The commercial films – like Main Street Electrical Parade (200' sound) and The Haunted Mansion (50' silent) souvenir films from the park – have faded badly to pink, while the home movies are still full color. *Sigh* Even at $100, it's more than I could afford right now...

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM