Page 48 of 728 FirstFirst ... 233845464748495051587398148548 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I think CGI/special effects is the way to go, but I could imagine Hatbox speaking with Walken's voice, or failing that, Keith David...
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I think CGI/special effects is the way to go, but I could imagine Hatbox speaking with Walken's voice, or failing that, Keith David...
    Keith David...? Who is that? The name sounds incomplete.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Keith David...? Who is that? The name sounds incomplete.
    Dr Facilier, Goliath from Gargoyles, the cat from Coraline, Halo's Arbiter and many other roles
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    GDT is a big fan of practical effects over cgi.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    That might not be a bad thing, if it is something to worry about at all. While I'd object to tampering with source material, Del Toro is obviously a fan of the ride, so I'm sure he himself would object to any overt changes.
    That said, one can't really compare what happened with the POTC franchise and ride to anything HM related. While I thought that the changes to POTC weren't necessary, they also weren't the hugely negative additions that the internet (read: Micechatters) made them out to be. There is an entire generation of kids who saw the film POTC before ever going on the ride, so while it might be facepalm-worthy to anyone who remembers a time before the film, these kids connect to the characters more than they do the ride itself. It makes sense in the long run, for POTC.
    For the HM, however, there are many characters with names that people connect with. There is enough of a plot going in the ride that any possible film-related additions will be minor, assuming that the film takes a totally different take on the house than the Imagineers have done thus far. On the flip side to that, the plot itself might draw from what WDI has put in motion, and then we REALLY don't have anything to worry about if anything is added, as it will only expand upon what has already been set in place.

The TL; DR version? Del Toro is capable, and a fan. The HM has too much of a plot to add to it without huge revision. We'll be fine.
    Don't get me wrong, I have TOTAL faith in Del Toro to make an excellent Haunted Mansion film. No doubt. I just have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach about the story-line, but we'll see.

Here is a teaser for the new film:

Guillermo Del Toro to Write/Produce Haunted Mansion Reboot - Techland - TIME.com

Is that Johnny Depp's voice? I don't think so, but the people over at doombuggies think it is.

Oh dear, more bad feelings....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I have TOTAL faith in Del Toro to make an excellent Haunted Mansion film. No doubt. I just have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach about the story-line, but we'll see.

Here is a teaser for the new film:

Guillermo Del Toro to Write/Produce Haunted Mansion Reboot - Techland - TIME.com

Is that Johnny Depp's voice? I don't know, but the people over at doombuggies thinks it is.

Oh dear, more bad feelings....
    Someone said earlier it was Ian MacShane, who definitely can take on a Paul Frees quality voice if he wants to if you look at some of his voice-acting work like Tai Lung or Mr Bobinsky. Don't know why he didn't use it here though.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Someone said earlier it was Ian MacShane, who definitely can take on a Paul Frees quality voice if he wants to if you look at some of his voice-acting work like Tai Lung or Mr Bobinsky. Don't know why he didn't use it here though.
    Yes, that is Ian McShane. I recognize his voice from "LoveJoy".

I was just thinking if that hat box ghost is featuring in the new haunted mansion movie would that mean that disney got a chance to add it by the window as you exit again? sounds like a idea!
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• Minion

I'd much rather it was Jeremy Irons, he could do a great Ghost Host. If the film has Depp in it, i'll be gravely disappointed.

• =)

Jeremy Irons in ANY Haunted Mansion role would be awesome.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Jeremy Irons in ANY Haunted Mansion role would be awesome.
    I'm inclined to agree I'd still feel a bit crummy if they didn't use any original ride audio at som point during the movie, even PotC 3 used some Pirates' audio.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoy View Post
    I was just thinking if that hat box ghost is featuring in the new haunted mansion movie would that mean that disney got a chance to add it by the window as you exit again? sounds like a idea!
    It was supposed to be installed last September (?), and then postponed until January 2010, but postponed again. I wanna know if this movie was in the works back then, and that's why they keep postponing the installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    It was supposed to be installed last September (?), and then postponed until January 2010, but postponed again. I wanna know if this movie was in the works back then, and that's why they keep postponing the installation.
    im thinking about they just waiting for the word out and bomb it returns and we all be happy then including HBG2
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk View Post
    GDT is a big fan of practical effects over cgi.
    True, they could make him a suit character I suppose with digital replacement, a la the Hellboy and Pan's Labyrinth creatures, but I rather image it would have some CGI elements to it even if it is a suit performer or a puppet partly.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

As negative as I'm being, I do love the HBG artwork!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM