Page 481 of 596 FirstFirst ... 381431456471478479480481482483484491506531581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 8926

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Here's a picture of Disneyland's Conservatory with trees.

Name:  secrets_conservatory_coffin.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  75.7 KB

So, yes, Ukulele Guy, it seems as if all mansions have them.

Personally, if I were to make any changes to the Tokyo mansion, I...well, no changes really need to be made. I wouldn't mind seeing the first raven appearance in the Graveyard relocated to ABOVE the doom buggies (not off to the side), make the Caretaker look more like Disneyland's, and maybe add some family photos to the Corridor of Doors. But, other than that, the ride is flawless.
    Last edited by MANEATINGWREATH; 07-11-2013 at 10:22 PM.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Mr. Ghost

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Here is some more not so new info, while looking for pictures of Beating Heart, I ran across the story of The Mistletoe Bride, or the bride who locked herself in a chest and died. As some of us know, this was a story in Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark by Alvin Schrwartz.

• Inhospitable about happy

This is from a 1906 issue of Puck magazine, posted recently at one of Craig Conley's blogsites.

I think this is the first time I've ever seen an old, visual presentation of fun-loving, partying ghosts. You find them in comic songs going back a hundred years, with their heyday in the 30's and 40's, but I've never seen a cartoon depiction like this one. What it looks like is ghosts toasting the New Year at just past midnight.

It's not hard at all to imagine this as a Marc Davis concept sketch, almost as it stands. I think this is a really cool find. In its way, it's one of the closest parallels to the Haunted Mansion yet.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

There were 2 videos I found today that I thought were quite interesting.

• We Go On.

The second video points out something that was most likely unintentional, and more likely has to do with what happens when the prints are changed out for sometimes slightly varied reconstructions of each other.

The Phantom Manor video is interesting. Is that really an eye-level view of the stretching room attic? I'm not too familiar with it, but I never thought the corpse dropped at all.

I remember hearing about a few stretching room effects that were on the table for WDW's '07 refurb but never made it, including an effect in which the corpse would be released a few feet before the scene went black. One of my favorite ideas was the rapid un-stretch– something that would only be possible at WDW. Apparently while the lights were out the room would completely reset, implying the possibility that it might have been your imagination. I'm curious to hear what HBG2 has to say about the continuity of that idea.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Hatbox999 View Post
    There were 2 videos I found today that I thought were quite interesting.
    That second video probably left out the most obvious detail.

hello, long time lurker, use to chat alot on forums but only just came back.
    What a interesting find with the two painting differences.. a slight detail i havent notice but then again i've only been to mansion once in person
    With phantom manor streching room i always found it as the best one but then again two different storyline all together.
    -phantomboy
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

Hey Guys,

I found this backstage picture I have not seen before of a corridor. Anybody have an idea of where this is located?

Thanks!

Name:  tumblr_mp7zdjlWwQ1svvl99o9_1280.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  137.8 KB

Could that possibly behind the conservatory below the hanging cloth looks like roots/branches.
    Dont trust me but thats my guess..
    :P
    Hopefully i am right
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

Quote Originally Posted by vitesse10 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I found this backstage picture I have not seen before of a corridor. Anybody have an idea of where this is located?

Thanks!

Name:  tumblr_mp7zdjlWwQ1svvl99o9_1280.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  137.8 KB
    That's an image HBG2 put together showing the chicken exit/access corridor behind the rainstorm windows in the changing portrait hall right as you exit the stretching rooms in the Disneyland HM. Link here.

• Member of Baxter's Army

New Daveland photo of George Washington portrait from Fort Wilderness (The 2nd one) near HBG's spot.
    DAVELAND HAUNTED MANSION PHOTO

Quote Originally Posted by CDW View Post
    That's an image HBG2 put together showing the chicken exit/access corridor behind the rainstorm windows in the changing portrait hall right as you exit the stretching rooms in the Disneyland HM. Link here.
    Thanks CDW!

Sorry for repost HBG2. Where do you get these amazing pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by CDW View Post
    Thanks for the info CDW!

Sorry for the repost HBG2. Where do you get these amazing photos?

I'm pretty sure I took that chicken exit photo... I also took a flash picture of the trees (timed with the lightning...) just to see what was down there. HBG2 mocked up the cool floorplan layout.

Edit: Just to clarify, we had a small child with us, that's why we used the chicken exit. No other reason! lol

Quote Originally Posted by ww12345 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I took that chicken exit photo... I also took a flash picture of the trees (timed with the lightning...) just to see what was down there. HBG2 mocked up the cool floorplan layout.

Edit: Just to clarify, we had a small child with us, that's why we used the chicken exit. No other reason! lol
    Whoops, sorry, I guess I was a bit unclear in how I said that - no intention to take away credit for the photo itself. And there's no shame in being in the chicken exit - you were doing valuable Mansion research. No other reason necessary.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM