Page 482 of 586 FirstFirst ... 382432457472479480481482483484485492507532582 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 8786

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Yeah, that's actually exactly what I was doing - I did that intentionally to take some pics and see what was back there... Ah, good times! That was the trip we convinced the elevator hostess to let us ride back up the elevator and down again - on the last ride of the night.

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I think that particular photo is a Datameister shot. Anyway, it's taken from approximately this spot:

As for my photos, they come from all over the place, trawling the 'Net, friends, old publications, etc.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I think that particular photo is a Datameister shot.
    Oh, I suppose it could be. I took one from about the same spot, right around when I took these (May of 2012), so I just assumed it was part of that set:

By the way, these pictures were taken right where it says "railing" on HBG2's diagram...

Also, I'm almost finished developing the rolls I shot at Disneyland. I'm hand developing them, so it is taking a while. It looks like a fair amount of the interior Haunted Mansion shots were underexposed, but a good number weren't (the Hitchhiking Ghosts, the Executioner trio, and a few others like the organist and the caretaker). I'll post them up here as soon as I've got them scanned.

• the rockawho?

where is the exit or entrance to get to the other graveyard?

i want to get a few good shots of it, but wasnt able to find it my last trip

the chicken exit looks pretty cool...i might test it out next trip
    Last edited by EvilRocketeer; 07-17-2013 at 02:33 PM.

The other graveyard is on the side of the house near Splash Mountain... You could ask a CM if you could see it...

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    You mention in your story that the year was 1976 and that you mention that you remember that the Bride figure had piercing eyes. I am just curious if you can specify which of the first two Bride figures pictured you remember seeing in 76.

I know that memory can be a tricky thing for such minor details but it might help us zero in or at least get a better estimation of exactly when Corpse Bride was replaced by round-eyes, in WDW at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    HMF, I'ver been asking myself that question since that picture went up the first time and a time line was estimated. I haven't chimed in on it because I am not 100% sure. I hate giving opinion in a thread so dedicated to fact.

That being said, when I first saw these pics of Beating Heart, I immediately gravitated toward Corpse Bride. This is how the Attic Bride lives in my memory, except I remember her eyes being round and bright, but not quite as bright as Middle Bride 1. If I remember right the above representation of CB is an artist's tweak. Perhaps CB's eyes were brighter than those in the pic? Does anyone remember seeing CB, either at DL or WDW?

If so and her eyes were brighter than in this pic... well, I would say that WDW had CB in 1976. If not, my memory has created a more corpse-like bride and WDW had MB 1 in 1976.

This sequence got buried, so I thought I'd ask again... is there anyone who remembers the Corpse Bride well enough to say if her eyes were brighter than those in the artist's depiction above?

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Here's a thread I posted that has some cool pics/text of the Haunted Mansion development. They're tour guide books from '59 and '62, respectively, but each feature the Haunted Mansion as a "Coming Attraction..."

Happy Birthday, Disneyland!

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    This sequence got buried, so I thought I'd ask again... is there anyone who remembers the Corpse Bride well enough to say if her eyes were brighter than those in the artist's depiction above?
    Very few of us knew Corpse Bride ever existed until a few years back so actual concrete memories of her are rare. For a long time it was assumed Round Eyes was the original bride.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Well, if those who saw Corpse Bride were not even aware that she was different than Round Eyes, it would be "safe" to assume the eyes on CB were not significantly dimmer than those on RE. If so...

1) I remember those piercing eyes and feel like CB was most likely the bride I saw

AND

2) My father says he is certain there was no "halo" of flowers on the Attic Bride's head

I would say the chance that the Attic Bride I saw in February 1976 in WDW's mansion was indeed CB is 99%!

• Inhospitable about happy

If the Corpse Bride in both HM's was rigged up the same, then we do have evidence, since film of the original HM Corpse Bride exists (if you want to call those few seconds of murk in the now-famous HBG footage "film of"). As I argue at the blog, you can only see the eyes in one frame of film—just barely—but the candle tip and red heart are plainly visible in the film. This suggests that the eyes were not very bright.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

I think my favorite bride is the one with the pitch black face and the glowing eyes. It looks as creepy as heck. I wish they would bring that one back to the attic.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Well... crap! That means one of three things...

1) My memory is putting brighter eyes on the bride than I thought and Dad's memory of no flower "halo" is right (Corpse Bride)

2) Dad's memory of no flower "halo" is faulty and my memory of brighter eyes is right (Round Eyes)

3) We are both confused (Could be either bride)

*sigh* Right back where we started.

• Minion

Not necessarily. The Corpse Bride could have received an upgrade of brighter eyes at some point... Not unheard of, as through many trip reports we hear of various, similar little tweaks. Not saying she did or didn't - just that it was entirely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I think that particular photo is a Datameister shot. Anyway, it's taken from approximately this spot:

As for my photos, they come from all over the place, trawling the 'Net, friends, old publications, etc.
    I am curious where the Emergency Exit hall would lead going straight, instead of taking the left to crypt exit.

To the chicken exit by the Doombuggies. If you keep walking on the conveyor belt at load, you get to another door, which leads you to that T section. I have pics of the whole way somewhere - I'll see if I can find them. I spent about 15 min back there taking pics...
    Last edited by ww12345; 07-19-2013 at 04:23 PM. Reason: spelling - stupid autocorrect

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM