Page 486 of 592 FirstFirst ... 386436461476483484485486487488489496511536586 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 8867

• Professional Obsessive

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

So if anyone out there is looking for something "haunted" but not "Mansion", a few weeks ago while watching videos of Asian theme parks I came across a really compellingly unique ride modeled on the traditional "ghost train" called Mystery Zone in Toshimaen theme park, Tokyo. It's fascinating because it has almost no traditional ghost house elements - the scenes are more about atmosphere and suggestive imagery. There's only two scares. There's practically no sound effects. There's a scene where the cars approach a well and a hand can be seen holding a chain hanging in the well. The chain begins to rise, but the lights turn out before we see who is holding the chain. That's the exact opposite of what most of these rides are about.

It's not perfect, and it plateaus too early, but I wanted to make sure a good quality video was available so I combined multiple sources. The cars don't seem to run at consistent speeds so the image and audio don't synch perfectly, but so much of the ride is in silence it hardly matters anyway. Enjoy.

• Mr. Ghost

Lightbulb Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

not HM related, but I found this on Youtube : Disneyland Goes to The World's Fair
    Rolly Crump and the Tower of the Four Winds at 30:32

Update:
    I found another video, Walt Disney Treasures: Disneyland - Secrets, Stories, and Magic
    It shows the construction of Disneyland, and features interviews with Rolly Crump, X. Atencio, and Marc Davis. HM stuff begins around 44:51.
    Tony Baxter talks about The Hatbox Ghost at 46:40 and produces a maintence card for Hattie saying the figure must have been there for a few weeks.
    Last edited by Mr.Fenwright; 07-27-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: new videos

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Went into the mansion yesterday, and wanted to get some photos and vids of the "Chicken Exit" from the other side, and was sad to see that they have big wooden panels blocking your view on the good side of the windows, but not on the left side! Also, a CM came out the door "Virginia" was her name, and told me that I was not allowed to be there, and wanted me to come back into the mansion!!!

I couldn't believe that, but I just walked out of the ride anyway!!!

• Minion

Perhaps you should have started clucking....

Well, if anyone has any shots of the chicken exit of those windows, I would love to see them. I saw a vid on Youtube some time ago, but I can't find it anymore

Reports in this thread are that the old man with the ear horn has returned to the graveyard.

Jungle Cruise - Where's the tiger?

Less than a month before they shutter and vandalize the place.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Reports in this thread are that the old man with the ear horn has returned to the graveyard.

Jungle Cruise - Where's the tiger?
    Finally! From those comments, it doesn't sound like they made any major changes, so I guess it was just a thorough refurbishment. After all that time, I was starting to wonder what they were up to...

Name:  OldManEddieMurphy.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  62.4 KB

I mean, since they can't make Eddie into the HBG anymore because of the del Toro movie, I think this would have been a really subtle and tasteful nod to the fans.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CDW View Post
    Finally! From those comments, it doesn't sound like they made any major changes, so I guess it was just a thorough refurbishment. After all that time, I was starting to wonder what they were up to...

Name:  OldManEddieMurphy.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  62.4 KB

I mean, since they can't make Eddie into the HBG anymore because of the del Toro movie, I think this would have been a really subtle and tasteful nod to the fans.
    It was only a matter of time.

• Inhospitable about happy

Here we go again. There's an animation and artifact auction going on HERE, reported by Daveland, and there's another HM stretch portrait up for auction. Again, they date it 1972 or earlier because some Disney employee told them they stopped hand-painting them at that time, which is bunk. It's a Clem Hall style portrait, which puts it in the middle of the 70's at the very earliest. He reportedly did his master set about 1975, which was copied for years. More likely it dates to the 80's and could possibly come from the 90's. A newer style was introduced about the time of the '95 rehab, but one stretchroom at DL continued to use the older ones for quite awhile, probably using up the existing stock of Hall copies.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

So I didn't get to ride today however by accident I got to meet Maynard! He is as awesome as I had read. I did see hm pins. I admit I was tempted but my stupid bank isn't letting me use my card. Even though I advised them of my trip arg!

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Blackwidow, I'm so glad you got to meet Maynard! I've been told he is quite the experience. Hope you get to ride the HM today!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• I'm a Lutheran

I've seen Maynard working at the Tiki Room on my past two visits to the park. I was tempted to get a picture with him, but some people had approached him and started talking to him; I'm not entirely sure since it was dark, but it VERY much looked like he was using his finger puppet from his time spent at the Haunted Mansion. Take a look.

Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Inhospitable about happy

It's the first of the month. That can only mean one thing...
    New post up at LF.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

The deaf guy with the mummy is not back.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM