Page 487 of 616 FirstFirst ... 387437462477484485486487488489490497512537587 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 9236

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Still didn't ride today but hopefully soon. I did get to go on a couple of rides and get huge amount of pressed pennies. One ride we went on was the little mermaid. My friend commented that the way it worked riding it was similar to the phantom manor.

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
    Still didn't ride today but hopefully soon. I did get to go on a couple of rides and get huge amount of pressed pennies. One ride we went on was the little mermaid. My friend commented that the way it worked riding it was similar to the phantom manor.
    HM has pressed quarters from a coffin-shaped machine in New Orleans Square.

The ride systems of HM and LM are very similar, though the LM's is a lot smoother.

Maybe the deaf guy was removed again. It seemed that there were numerous reports of his return so maybe Blackwidow can confirm his current status.

• I'm a Lutheran

He was back last week (well, last week as of tomorrow), maybe he got taken down again. I'm not sure why a barely-moving animatronic would give them so much trouble haha.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    He was back last week (well, last week as of tomorrow), maybe he got taken down again. I'm not sure why a barely-moving animatronic would give them so much trouble haha.
    They must have seen my last post, realized what a great idea it was, and immediately took him down again to implement it.

On a slightly more reasonable and completely unrelated note, I was looking at the Beating Heart blueprints earlier, and I noticed something interesting...

Name:  ghost-bride-face.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  14.4 KB

Take a look at her nose. That looks nothing like a normal face's nose, but exactly like the skull-faced noselessness of the corpse bride. Now that I've noticed it, it looks really weird next to the cheerful smile. Anyway, just another bit of evidence that the corpse bride was the first bride (not that we needed it at this point).

• Evil is Sexy

I can confirm that our hard of hearing graveyard resident was not present on Wednesday.

I also met Maynard on Wednesday. Did get a photo with him and the other CM with him. They were working the sign-up for the Cars movie screening for the APers. I am an APer, but we were with my family so we didn't do the event. Maynard was very gracious and seemed genuinely touched that I wanted to shake his hand and tell him that I was so glad to finally meet him.
    He even did a quick "commerical" script for us that he claims he wrote for a bottled water company in Hawaii. It involved an elf-like creature and a neanderthal. It was very funny.

He even pulled me to the side and we talked out of character for a few minutes about working for the Mouse.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Member of Baxter's Army

Well, it's sadly official. According to Dateline Disney World, the vast majority of guests will now be forced to go through PLQ with the only way to avoid it being letting the mouse datamine your personal information and using one of your 3 Fastpass+'s for the day on an omnimover ride that does not need it. Any coping strategy ideas would be appreciated.

• Inhospitable about happy

You VILL zee it,
    You VILL like it.

Maybe you can wreak your revenge on the stretchroom screamers by screaming all the way through PLQ. Or not.

But seriously, the only way I could cope with it would be to tell myself that it's a separate exhibit, Tribute to the Haunted Mansion™ presented by the Disney Imagineers, awkwardly placed right next to the attraction itself. Once you're out of it, you mentally wash your hands. "Well, that was nice, I guess. A goofy tribute to the ride, with some original elements added in for some stupid reason, and its location rudely interrupts the actual experience," (which began the moment you laid eyes on the place and started walking towards it) "...but that's what it is, a tribute. A separate exhibit. Some of it was nice. Now, back to the Mansion."

Bracket it out. Separate exhibit. Try to ignore the worst parts and pay extra attention to the good parts. At times, hold your breath if necessary.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Well, it's sadly official. According to Dateline Disney World, the vast majority of guests will now be forced to go through PLQ with the only way to avoid it being letting the mouse datamine your personal information and using one of your 3 Fastpass+'s for the day on an omnimover ride that does not need it. Any coping strategy ideas would be appreciated.
    The minute someone's unattended cavorting munchkin slams into my legs as he shifts his entire body weight back to slam his fist into the funhouse organ, and his sister gets me from the other side while she's hopping around on one foot chanting along with J. Alfred Prudencepock with her glow necklace pulled up around her eyes, I'm going down onto the cobblestones hard. Maybe some extra FP+ entries will ease the pain. *Mr. Burns fingers*

What, you don't like the Dread family and bubbles?

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    The minute someone's unattended cavorting munchkin slams into my legs as he shifts his entire body weight back to slam his fist into the funhouse organ, and his sister gets me from the other side while she's hopping around on one foot chanting along with J. Alfred Prudencepock with her glow necklace pulled up around her eyes, I'm going down onto the cobblestones hard. Maybe some extra FP+ entries will ease the pain. *Mr. Burns fingers*
    I am not sure I approve of Disney Data-mining me so FP+ might not be an option. What I do know is I will be giving explicit instructions to everyone in my party not to touch anything. Maybe an I Pod and looking straight ahead except for the few good elements will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    What, you don't like the Dread family and bubbles?
    The Dread Family is actually one of the things that does not bother me so much. I know they look a bit cartoonish but that can be explained away as the sculptor charactering real people. The 3 crypts and the Grave markers without room for graves are the main offenses to me everything else I can live with. Also would it be so difficult to come up with actual epitaphs for the Hitchhikers, Singing Busts and Anderson characters rather than just their names It 's especially absurd considering that Phineas Pock and Rollo Rumkin would not even require original material
    Last edited by HMF; 08-02-2013 at 10:58 AM.

• Minion

I hope that PLQ never, ever comes to the Disneyland mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I hope that PLQ never, ever comes to the Disneyland mansion.
    It probably won't. According to very good sources the Next Gen initiative is having quite a painful birth in WDW and they will probably never be able to implement it in Florida as fully as originally intended, let alone duplicate it at Anaheim. What's even more disconcerting is that they poured nearly 3 Billion Dollars into this initiative that could have been spent on actual substance for the WDW Parks.

• Minion

Love it or hate it, when the HMH rolls around they need every extra square inch of line space inside *and* outside the Haunted Mansion gates to accommodate the throngs lining up for it. That, more than anything, convinces me that there will be no queue alterations at DL.

The alteration I'm most dismayed by is the attic since I didn't start to really "get into" the HM until after the original was gone, which I would have loved to ride through as opposed to the "oh, this part, I guess it will be over soon, unless the ride gets stuck here for five minutes like twice before." At least I like the piano ghost.

• Yoiks!

Just watched the Sandy Duncan sketch. Was the first part of that filmed in the foyer? If it was filmed in DL and not a studio could the bearded bust be one of the "talking busts" of the MOTW? The red room sketch of the hallway has 2 similar busts in it? Are we looking at a "long forgotten" prototype?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM