Page 490 of 618 FirstFirst ... 390440465480487488489490491492493500515540590 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 9269

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

That nightvision video looked perfect for pulling some "accidental" stereo pairs so get out your red and blue glasses (red over the left eye) and it's almost like being there...

Name:  01_suit_of_armor_3d.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  60.1 KBName:  02_endless_hallway_3d.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  42.1 KBName:  03_conservatory2b_3d.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  57.5 KBName:  04_leota_3d.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  39.0 KBName:  05_ballroom1b_3d.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  61.6 KBName:  06_attic1_3d.jpg
Size:  52.6 KBName:  07_gy_popup1_3d.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  29.5 KBName:  08_gy_busts1b_3d.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  31.1 KBName:  09_gy_arm1_3d.jpg
Size:  26.4 KBName:  10_gy_gravestones1_3d.jpg
Size:  39.4 KBName:  11_gy_hh1b_3d.jpg
Size:  37.2 KBName:  12_lilleo1b_3d.JPG
Size:  80.2 KB

• Tickets please...

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

That was a great ride vid! It was rather interesting, lol. Great shot of Ezra in the mirrors; the DLR 'mirror' Ezra is my favourite. So many different versions of the Hitchhikers...

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    That nightvision video looked perfect for pulling some "accidental" stereo pairs so get out your red and blue glasses (red over the left eye) and it's almost like being there...
    *squeee!* That was fun! I can't do the "magic eye" thing anymore (maybe it's my astigmatism) but red/blue "3-D" I can do! Thanks for catching that.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

It's a great video, so thank you. I could see what I was missing. The ride was down for awhile Monday. We got stopped at madam Leota's table when we got to ride later in the day. When leaving I got to impress the cm with all the facts I knew from reading on here. Very much enjoying the ride

• Inhospitable about happy

An interesting story was just left in the Comments at the latest LF blog post:

I am nearly certain that I have encountered a ghost, but of course, nothing to see or touch. Just feelings.

I visited a moth-balled warship which was opened as a museum. Of course, the ship had seen battles in WWII, with all the horror and death those events entailed, but that's all just empirical knowledge, no specific facts or photos of conditions, events etc.

I was making my way down a dark corridor well below deck and felt a cold presence in front of me, nothing visible, and what felt like a force pushing me backward. I put my head and shoulder down like a linebacker and slowly walked forward into the cold dark since I could hear my party up ahead, I knew this was the direct route to join them, so I just pushed forward and through the coldest wind I have ever known. A couple of turns in the hallway and I found my group again.

Later that evening, the docent running our tour event told the story of the portside corridor that had been blown open by a kamikaze plane, where several sailors died. He pointed right into the corridor where I had walked earlier. I knew nothing of this story when I went that way, but I had definitely felt someone trying to keep me from walking that route, as well as bitter cold.

I asked later why that corridor was kept dark (the starboard, right hand corridor was well-lit and used as the tour route). The guide's response was that too many visitors were frightened by the shipboard ghosts. Spirits of the sailors who died in that attack were trapped in the ship and tried to keep people away from the site of the crash. I was never more scared in my life AFTER hearing that story.

So, for all my education and so-called rationality, I am firmly in the camp that there are things we can't see, that they can see us and react to us, and we should not try to change that relationship.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Wow, that takes night vision video to a whole 'nother level.

I believe the night vision video explains what the key component is to make The Haunted Mansion believable, the lighting.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    *squeee!* That was fun! I can't do the "magic eye" thing anymore (maybe it's my astigmatism) but red/blue "3-D" I can do! Thanks for catching that.
    Thanks. I took these "proper" stereo pictures with my Nintendo 3DS on numerous trips last year. Its camera is dreadful, being more an accessory to the games than an actual picture-taker, so they're all exterior and low-res but these color anaglyph versions are fun (processed from the original stereo pairs with the free StereoPhoto Maker). As before, red lens over the left eye.

I like to take pictures without people in them: just the Mansion or its details. Closer shots work better since the camera has a relatively small interaxial between its two lenses.

Name:  HNI_0001.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  159.0 KBName:  HNI_0017b.jpg
Size:  112.9 KBName:  HNI_0022b.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  125.4 KBName:  HNI_0023b.jpg
Size:  118.1 KBName:  HNI_0025.jpg
Size:  126.0 KBName:  HNI_0032.jpg
Size:  122.0 KBName:  HNI_0041.jpg
Size:  141.5 KBName:  HNI_0046.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  136.8 KBName:  HNI_0046b.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  133.9 KB

• Mr. Ghost

The channel that had that Infrared nightvision has one of the best POTC vids i have seen.
    Most people don't see that it's insanely detailed. On the same channel, there was a HM video filmed without nightvision, and I finally saw a good view of the attic shadow pounding away on his broken piano.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I have no clue what's actually going on or the context or what this figure is for, if just a display, or not - but highly recommend you check out MiceChat's twitter page like right now.

https://twitter.com/MiceChat/status/...205760/photo/1

https://twitter.com/MiceChat. The post should be near the top.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I have no clue what's actually going on or the context or what this figure is for, if just a display, or not - but highly recommend you check out MiceChat's twitter page like right now.

Last edited by FigmentJedi; 08-08-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post

Is this some kind of hallucination? Check the air pressure Mr. Baxter.

• Vroom, vroom!

This thread is STILL going?!
    How? I mean, I remember the first one... that was years ago. Oh well. Hmm... Might as well contribute something since I'm here.
    Uh, HEY Anyone remember when those pop up ghosts were ridiculously faster and actually scared people?
    Yeah... I got nothing. ~leaves quietly~
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

The hatbox ghost at D23 is actually a full-sized, fully functioning AA. Here's a video link Instagram

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I figured it had to be a new-gen animatronic. The 64 dollar question remains, why? We'll find out soon hopefully.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM