Page 493 of 581 FirstFirst ... 393443483490491492493494495496503543 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 8712

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

He still seems a little old to me. It's a nice upgrade from the original IMO.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    WDI is now dressing me in Willy Wonka's old prom getup.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Big news from Lonesome Ghost.

He says that what we are seeing is indeed the new Hatbox Ghost.
    I hope it is so. However, as I said on the other HBG post, I believe when it happens. Fool me once, shame on you... fool me three years in a row, shame on me!

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I'll be at Disneyland next Friday and Saturday, and be keeping open a very sharp hunter's eye (to quote the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland) open indeed. I'd be ecstatic if they put him back before then, but must admit to being dubious until he is actually placed and functioning inside the Anaheim Mansion. Too many false starts and rumors to count in past.

Thank you HBG2 and Lonesome Ghost for the update!
    Keep us updated!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

I took another peek at the video and realized that maybe I should probably hold judgement until he gets installed. It's hard to determine his size and posture when he's high off the ground in "demo mode".
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Member of Baxter's Army

Big news from Lonesome Ghost.

He says that what we are seeing is indeed the new Hatbox Ghost.

They had him in the attic for overnight testing the other week, and no one seems to have noticed that he was there with a sheet over him for a whole day! Asleep at the switch, people? Anyway, that's why some of you noticed some shifting around of props.

He was going to debut today, on the 44th Anny, but there were glitches, so they took him out and decided to display him at the D23 event while they were working on his motions. That's actually what all the odd moving and posing that you see in the videos have been about. He should be going into the attic soon.

How the effect is going to work, I haven't a clue.
    Can someone Photoshop him into the spot so we can see what this would look like. He seems to be a bit too big to fit into that spot.

Attic Haunt, I'm still legwear-lacking. But it doesn't matter anymore. WDI is now dressing me in Willy Wonka's old prom getup.
    To be fair the original HBG costume was basically a cloaked translucent raincoat. I will withhold my judgment until I see him in show context but regardless I am happy to see him return home after 44 years. I must admit that I am shocked that they managed to keep him hidden with a sheet considering how crazy this board went when what turned out to be the Reggie Portrait initially was thought to be him.

Kudos to WDI for managing to elude Eagle-eyed fans in the digital age.
    Last edited by HMF; 08-09-2013 at 06:35 PM.

He seems big because he's about a foot off the ground.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    I must admit that I am shocked that they managed to keep him hidden with a sheet considering how crazy this board went when what turned out to be the Reggie Portrait initially was thought to be him.

Kudos to WDI for managing to elude Eagle-eyed fans in the digital age.
    Proof that they learned from the past and managed to find a way to make it happen without being obvious! Go WDI!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Larger Than (After)Life

My Disney-affiliated contact just confirmed HBG2's statements as TRUE. My fear now is that Disney might pull the plug or delay the installation, because they've been scooped by us. Disney has been known to switch gears in the past. But my insider friend said that the AA required too much company funding and manpower to be just a display piece for a convention floor.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I am curious to see if they'll ever actually announce this or just up and do it sometime after Sunday. Dying to see him (sorry) in his natural environs but I am not optimistic enough to think they'll do it next week/that quickly before I arrive...

My Disney-affiliated contact just confirmed HBG2's statements as TRUE. My fear now is that Disney might pull the plug or delay the installation, because they've been scooped by us. Disney has been known to switch gears in the past. But my insider friend said that the AA required too much company funding and manpower to be just a display piece for a convention floor.
    Well when does HM go down for HMH this year?

• Inhospitable about happy

Quick and dirty, and who knows how accurate an impression it gives, but what the hell, fwiw...

Here's a lighter version:

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

very nice
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Well when does HM go down for HMH this year?
    My question too. We're only a few weeks away, aren't we? And the August 9 anniversary moment has passed now anyway, so it would seem strange to put him in now.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Larger Than (After)Life

They could include Old Hattie in Haunted Mansion Holiday. Why not? Just move him temporarily from the attic to the graveyard.

HBG don't need no stinkin' anniversary. Put him back...NOW!
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 08-09-2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Huh?

• Minion

My question too. We're only a few weeks away, aren't we? And the August 9 anniversary moment has passed now anyway, so it would seem strange to put him in now.
    August 26

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM