Page 494 of 559 FirstFirst ... 394444484491492493494495496497504544 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 8376

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Name:  9477587806_063239857d_c.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  178.3 KB
    Here's a quick do-up merging him in with some contemporary low-light shots of the attic, to give a sense of how he might look integrated into the new lighting and propping schemes that came with Constance and the portraits.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like HBG2 beat me to it, unsurprisingly. It'll be interesting to see if he actually pans out to be the new figure!
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Quick and dirty, and who knows how accurate an impression it gives, but what the hell, fwiw...

Here's a lighter version:

Judging by that Photoshop, The trunk should be moved out of the way I think so that he can be visually more noticeable and have the same or more visual impact as Constance so she does not overwhelm him visually. Also hoping DL gets a duplicate of the WDW Constance figure considering how poorly the DL one looks now Hopefully all this will be taken care of when he is finally installed.

Quote Originally Posted by yensidtlaw1969 View Post
    Name:  9477587806_063239857d_c.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  178.3 KB
    Here's a quick do-up merging him in with some contemporary low-light shots of the attic, to give a sense of how he might look integrated into the new lighting and propping schemes that came with Constance and the portraits.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like HBG2 beat me to it, unsurprisingly. It'll be interesting to see if he actually pans out to be the new figure!
    That photoshop looks like it's half DL Attic Half WDW Attic.
    WDW Attic has a lot of clutter in Hatties spot presently.
    http://api.ning.com/files/Bf8xrVXbt2.../AtticHats.JPG

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Great representations, both of you! I think he can work if programmed to hunch over and 'peer' more at passing buggies, even with the current height, and the video from the Expo does show the figure having that movement.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    August 26
    So OK there are two possible scenarios, They can either install HBG and run the attraction for a few weeks with him in it or they can wait till January and then fully unveil the full new effect when Mansion returns from HMH. My gut feeling is the latter since it would be more effective and logistical why bother installing him when he will just be taken out in a few weeks anyway plus it will be slightly more exciting if we have to wait a few months for it. The more interesting question is when should the WDW version (Assuming, there is one) make his debut. I am going to WDW in November so I would hope before that but at the same time it might be more appropriate that he appear at DL First or at both simultaneously.
    Last edited by HMF; 08-09-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    That photoshop looks like it's half DL Attic Half WDW Attic.
    WDW Attic has a lot of clutter in Hatties spot presently.
    http://api.ning.com/files/Bf8xrVXbt2.../AtticHats.JPG
    I think you're right -- I pulled the image together from the existing new-attic photos in my own collection, and I think I ended up using one from WDW's attic. The chair in the right corner seems to prove it. Nice catch!

Additionally, I thought it'd be interesting to have a first look at the 21st Century Haunted Mansion Bride and Groom together, if it does indeed turn out that this guy ends up in the ride (again using a WDW photo, since Disneyland's Constance currently looks like blegh) . . .

Name:  9474907653_da36ac5136_b.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  187.0 KB
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

Haven't seen this particular video posted yet:

• Science Factual

Quote Originally Posted by yensidtlaw1969 View Post

Name:  9474907653_da36ac5136_b.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  187.0 KB
    THIS^

Being totally stoked and all, a part of me says this screams new BACKSTORY.

Or an updated (or slightly shifted to one side) Constance, at least.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MyFriendtheAtom View Post
    Being totally stoked and all, a part of me says this screams new BACKSTORY.

Or an updated (or slightly shifted to one side) Constance, at least.
    From your fingers to WDI & TDA's eyes, my friend!

That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." Ken Anderson

Additionally, it's interesting to think that, in 44 years, this would be the first A100 Animatronic to grace any Mansion (Manors excluded).
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

-X. Atencio

~Alice Davis

• Inhospitable about happy

Yen's very nice photoshop inspired me to give it another try. I didn't like the way he was leaning over in my first one. He felt like he was about to fall. Also, this time the trunk isn't in the way so much.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Makes me wonder about the effect that they are trying to accomplish. If this Animatronic is going to move so much, how on Earth do they plan on doing something similar to the original Hatbox Ghost?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Makes me wonder about the effect that they are trying to accomplish. If this Animatronic is going to move so much, how on Earth do they plan on doing something similar to the original Hatbox Ghost?
    My theory is that his head will disappear(reappear in the hatbox) when he leans forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Maybe they've changed the concept. His head doesn't disappear but someone else's head is in the hat box. That would be macabre, no?

Am I the only one who got the impression that none of the "Imagineers" in those videos really had a clue what they were talking about? The basic gist I got was, "It's an animatronic. It's cool."

???

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM