Page 495 of 725 FirstFirst ... 395445470485492493494495496497498505520545595 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 10874

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by yensidtlaw1969 View Post
    Additionally, it's interesting to think that, in 44 years, this would be the first A100 Animatronic to grace any Mansion (Manors excluded).
    Correct. At least one of the Phantoms in PM is an A100, I'm told, and Mystic Manor is chock-full of them. I suppose that the new HHG's in Orlando may well be A100's. Tokyo has long been using hydraulic AA's rather than pneumatic ones, with obviously better animation and liveliness as a result, but how absolutely up-to-date any of them are today I don't know.

I used to think the Organist was the most advanced AA in the original HM, but apparently not. In some ways he's a puppet, with outside mechanisms moving his hands around, as we've seen in videos. According to Lonesome Ghost, the most advanced and articulated AA in the Anaheim Mansion is . . .

. . . wait for it . . .

. . . the Drummer!
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Tickets please...

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Correct. At least one of the Phantoms in PM is an A100,
    I thought so, the movements seem similar to that of the Phantom animatronic in the Phantom Canyon scene.

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    Am I the only one who got the impression that none of the "Imagineers" in those videos really had a clue what they were talking about? The basic gist I got was, "It's an animatronic. It's cool."

???
    Are you referring to the Inside the Magic video? I think they know a heck of a lot more than they're telling us. It's all just a matter of what they are allowed to say. Also, It's an animatronic exhibit.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

To further complicate things, this was posted tagged as D23 on tumblr, with no explanation except it's seemingly in the same exhibit area as the AA figure: Aerial Mouse

The plot thickens! It's definitely a projection of some sort (on the smoke?) and classic Hattie with standard HM attic junk - note the distinctive back wall with boards. Fairly sure it's a photo being zoomed in on, as opposed to an effect being projected 'live', and that appears to be a large portrait next to him on the left (towards the exit to graveyard/descent). Is this a mockup no one has talked about yet for the effect being placed into the Mansion?
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

That's very definitely the WDW attic. And the "large portrait" looks like it could be a mirror, with Hattie showing in it. Very mysterious, but it DOES show that they are still committed to the head vanishing gag, which means they're going to do more than just pop that AA we've been looking at into the attic corner and walk away. THAT head doesn't look liable to vanish, so they've definitely got something up their sleeve.

The clothes, shoes, cane, and hair in that Aerial Mouse shot don't look like what comes with the new AA, and neither does the hatbox (if the one on the floor near the AA is THE one). The brim of the hat inside the hatbox looks too fat, exactly the same (piddly) defect as the Kidney-Daily replica. This figure looks just like that one.

For good measure, when I asked Lonesome Ghost how they were going to get the head vanishing gag to work with the new AA, he said that the only way to get that to work would have been to stick him in the ballroom. Either that was just a meaningless, off the cuff, quirky response, OR it was a hint that a Pepper's Ghost effect is going to be employed. Let the rumors begin.

• Minion

Here's a photo I took of him yesterday.

Nice shot.

As for the HBG in that Aerial Mouse shot looking like the Kidney-Daily figure...

Not absolutely the same photo: the hands on top of the hatbox are slightly different, but it looks like a photo of the K-D replica taken from nearly the same angle. Note the hang of the clothes, etc.

Went to the expo yesterday. Glad to have seen HBG personally. Here are a some pics I took of him that I liked. These aren't the Hi-Res versions although if anyone was interested I'm sure I can send them. Hope you enjoy!

• Science Factual

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Is this a mockup no one has talked about yet for the effect being placed into the Mansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    The clothes, shoes, cane, and hair in that Aerial Mouse shot don't look like what comes with the new AA, and neither does the hatbox
    I'm with HBG2 on this one. The HBG AA and teh D23 artwork don't seem anything alike. If anything it appears that photo is meant to be a tribute to the OG HBG more than anything.

But also at the same time I'm hoping there is some kinetic-syngerism (huh) to the two. Or at least hoping the person who drew it passed by the AA dept @ WDI on there lunch break and was all like:

'Hey, his heads suppose to do stuff with the box and junk...'

And the the AA dept people were like:

'Totes'

• Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Open_at_the_close, that last shot is a winner! Totally in love with it. Great job.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Member of Baxter's Army

My colleagues on the MAGICal WDW Board are not buying that Hattie is genuine. Apparently , the Imagineer manning the exhibit is telling people that it is simply a Animatronic designed to teach new hires at WDI how to program A-100s. I detect BS.

Well it's quite interesting how they chose this particular character to test on.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

I think some of you are just a tad too sentimental of the original HBG...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

That mystery solved: the 'photo' of Kevin Kidney's Hatbox figure in the attic was part of the intro video for the Imagineering display and has no further significance beyond 'something they couldn't get to work right'.

It's at 4:34 or so in this video.

when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM