Page 497 of 639 FirstFirst ... 397447472487494495496497498499500507522547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 9573

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Maybe they’ll pull the old switcheroo and it’s CONNIE’s projected noggin that will appear in the box, showing that she got her comeuppance at last. I can’t say I’d be too brokenhearted; at least it might give us a few seconds’ relief from her chattering!
    likelikelikelikelikelikelike!!!!!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Mr. Ghost

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Maybe that is why hatbox is striped. It could be a strobe light effect or something similar. Hopefully the cape will be longer, as I hope this is not the the final costume.

• Inhospitable about happy

Okay, one more attempt, but that's it. Fixed the collar, hair, hatbox hand, made him smaller, attic greener, etc. etc. I'm warming to the look of this guy.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    So I made a little comparison guide to the Ezra head/standard detailing variations for such compared to Hatbox. Bottom line: D23 style guide is far more Ezra than classic HBG. (and that's an observation, not an insult that it's ruined or unfixable or poor of them to try).

The difference is in detailing and paint. Both feature the ridges and sharp delineation around the mouth that give the figure a cadaver-ish air, and the arched eye socket. The top row of images are all the hitchhiker: a promotional image from 1969 on the left, the ticket taker in Phantom Manor, and the modern figure at Magic Kingdom. The bottom row is all HBG - from the left, the Yale Gracey promotional photo, the finished figure, a corridor of doors portrait, and the D23 model.

Modern Ezra the hitchhiker is defined by visible giant ears, large ping-pong ball type eyes, and thick white hair. Old Hatbox was notable for his gold tooth, deeply sunken eyes (a painting detail), straggly hair, and giant collar, all of which made him look positively ancient and decrepit when combined.

The D23 figure has the thick wave of hair, the ears, and non-sunken eyes with more white space typical of the hitchhiker ‘Ezra’ - only his gold tooth remains distinctive.
    The new design looks like something you might find on deviantart--very good fan art. Which is perplexing to me; how does this happen? The big fig turned out great, the Kidney full-sized fig was amazing, but this is so close but far enough only to bother the ones that care the most! I don't get it...sigh...

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Okay, one more attempt, but that's it.
    That's right... keep telling yourself that you can quit any time you want...

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Okay, one more attempt, but that's it. Fixed the collar, hair, hatbox hand, made him smaller, attic greener, etc. etc. I'm warming to the look of this guy.

The chair from the original HBG photo is a nice touch.

• Inhospitable about happy

My brother just sent me a video from the D23 convention:

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• I'm a Lutheran

Okay, I'd be creeped out if that thing was motionless, then suddenly turned and stared at me.
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• Science Factual

So D23 revealed:

a new Hatbox Ghost, (although his intentions are unclear)

And a Museum of the Weird comic book from Marvel (possibly)

Thoughts?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

The Museum of the Weird comic seems a far more 'confirmed' deal to me in that, they'll sell it, it will physically appear. Hope it is a Night Gallery/Tales From The Crypt horror type title using Rolly's designs as a jumping off point for bizarre artifacts, so we'll see.

Far less confident Hatbox will be installed in a timely manner in the attraction, if ever - I'll believe that one when figure is in there and hard proof of it, or Disney flat out says, yes, this is happening. Boulder of salt till then.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Minion

I can tell you one thing, the Hatbox Ghost figure and their initial cover story of it being just for the expo wasn't nearly as much of a "STOP TAUNTING ME DISNEY" thing as Dreamfinder's surprise appearance at Baxter's Legends ceremony and actually greeting people in the Imagineering pavilion later that day.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Tickets please...

I was thinking that the new Hattie's face looked more like the current Ezra at WDW's face... I think they do need to define a difference between the two; not big, but they both need subtle differences in the face in my opinion. If they made Hattie look more like the original; that would be enough of a difference between him and Ez. Also the hair... Ezra tends to have neater hair than Hattie... Hattie's hair is all straggly.

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

RegionsBeyond, I was thinking Night gallery, too! Seems like the perfect format for a MOTW story series. Did anyone go to D23 and get a look at the teaser artwork or a potential release date for that series?

• Closed Account

NOT HBG related. Is the furniture in both Mansions real antiques or custom made by WED? And WHO designed/dressed the Ballroom and Graveyard AAs?? I do not think it was Alice Davis....

• I'm a Lutheran

I'm beginning to think more and more that this is just a "for fun" animatronic, and not what to expect come January. The Hatbox Ghost is extremely celebrated and desired by fans, and Disney is full-well aware of that; he's in pretty much all the merchandising and HM-inspired artwork nowadays. My guess is that this is just to appease fans; just like Dreamfinder and Figment's cameo.
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM