Page 50 of 726 FirstFirst ... 2540474849505152536075100150550 ... LastLast

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Oh, certainly. And I wouldn't dream of belittling such uses of digital trickery...
    Artistry, my dear Data. It's all art and the various techniques of cinematic creation.

• =)

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Exactly my point - you use the medium that's most appropriate to the end result, which in some cases is CGI.

For anyone who wants it, here's the whole poster in high-res. Sadly, a watermark has been placed on it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    For anyone who wants it, here's the whole poster in high-res. Sadly, a watermark has been placed on it.

Thanks! Couldn't you just PhotoShop the watermark out of it?

If the new movie features the HBG as a major character, does this mean that they will most likely add him to the mansion?

EXCL: A Look at The Haunted Mansion Comic-Con Poster! - ShockTillYouDrop.com
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Thanks! Couldn't you just PhotoShop the watermark out of it?
    Couldn't I?

No, I certainly couldn't. I don't know how.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    If the new movie features the HBG as a major character, does this mean that they will most likely add him to the mansion?

EXCL: A Look at The Haunted Mansion Comic-Con Poster! - ShockTillYouDrop.com
    Same poster; same watermark.

As for your question, one would hope.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Couldn't I?

No, I certainly couldn't. I don't know how.
    Oh. Well, I've been working on it. Nearly half-way done, but boy is it tedious. Might have to work on it over a couple of days, as I'm going cross-eyed about now.

More from Del Toro:
    "Only producing and co-writing with Matthew Robbins for now. I would love to direct it if the timing allows it but I already have the next directing project ready to be announced in a week or so. Big and unexpected and full of invention. Haunted Mansion is, however, so perfect--because into it I can finally pour decades--most of my life--of admiration and veneration for Rolly Crump, Marc Davis and Claude Coats and the incredibly stylized and impossibly cool world they created. The movie I am imagining and that I dream of bringing forth is a full-on shrine to the feel we had as kids going into these E-ticket rides. For some people Haunted Mansion is just a ride for others, like me, who got caught in it at the precise age, it is almost a way of life."

I love this guy!

GDT ensured that this thread is going to continue for the next few years at least!

I gave up hope on HBG returning after all the false alarms. I would bet money on it now!

• Inhospitable about happy

I got rid of the watermark. The only problem now is that I don't know how to put it up for the taking with the same huge degree of resolution as the original. It's 1280 x 3911.

Never mind; I figured it out.

Last edited by HBG2; 07-24-2010 at 10:01 AM.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Inhospitable about happy

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Legends never die...

I am so stoked about this announcement! I love that GdT recognizes what was wrong with the first HM movie and intends to go the complete opposite direction. He even went so far as to say "We're not returning Eddie Murpy's calls." Talking of actors, if del Toro directs, its more than likely that Doug Jones will be in it. Doug has been in most of Guillermo's movies making some heavily prosthetic character come alive. So if the movie is, in fact, prosthetic and puppet heavy, we'll probably see Doug appear as one or more of our Happy Haunts.

In case you wondered, Doug palyed Abe Sapien and the Angel of Death in Hellboys I and II, as well as Pan in Pan's Labyrinth among other del Toro characters. He's also one of the "Gentlemen" on Buffy and the Silver Surfer.
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

• =)

From that article:

Fans who are expecting to see a return to the 2003 film's tone will be surprised by del Toro's vision, he teased. "The movie I see in my head of 'Haunted Mansion' is not, I believe, what everyone is imagining it to be," he said. "It's not just a regular world with a haunted mansion plopped in the middle. I really am thinking of a movie that has a heightened reality."
    Very interesting. I admit, I do rather like the idea of there being a normal real world around the mansion, but then again, I was bored and annoyed by the contemporary setting of the early scenes of the first film. Maybe this "heightened reality" is for the best.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM