Page 500 of 591 FirstFirst ... 400450475490497498499500501502503510525550 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 8862

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    So, the switchbacks that are painted green were put in in 1970?
    Yep. This arrangement...

...was positively, definitely, swearsies, put in at the beginning of May, 1970. I know there's a bw photo of the family plot with the date "Jan 1972" on the border (it's at DB.com), but the new evidence is strong enough to overrule that photo. It must have been a case of film sitting in the camera for a long time before it was developed. That happens, although in this case it sat for two years.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Firstly, I don't think that the D23 Hatbox Ghost animatronic is atrocious -- at all! I rather like it. Yes, I'd prefer that the figure were hunched. But I see greater potential in a figure with more mobility than one that's static and wobbly. It's more dynamic.

Secondly, the figure still has the raised brow over one eye, its left. You don't notice it as much due to the placement of the hat and the working eyelids. It seems to me that the leering effect can be recreated by simply keeping the left lid higher than the right. But, again, why be stuck with a permanent leer when there's the potential for more expression?

I like this Hatbox Ghost. If it can be made a little more like the original, great. If not, I'm not going to gripe nor cry (a miracle for me, because I complain about just about EVERYTHING). IMO, this figure isn't a major blunder, like the McMansionland Playground. I can (after)live with it being an update. It's a pretty darn cool upgrade!

I want the Hatbox Ghost put back and I want it yesterday. In fact, make that more than 10 years worth of yesterdays. This waiting is driving me nuts, and it's a very short drive.

A real paranormal experience in the Mansion- cool! The detail in this ride never gets old and I always welcome the times when it slows down or stops to wait for prankish spirits.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Inhospitable about happy

Getting back to the lit book pic, notice that there's a small, spoked wheel in front of it/under it. Is it sitting on a cart of some sort? Or is that the pram that used to kick around the attic years ago? Mysterious.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Firstly, I don't think that the D23 Hatbox Ghost animatronic is atrocious -- at all! I rather like it. Yes, I'd prefer that the figure were hunched. But I see greater potential in a figure with more mobility than one that's static and wobbly. It's more dynamic.

Secondly, the figure still has the raised brow over one eye, its left. You don't notice it as much due to the placement of the hat and the working eyelids. It seems to me that the leering effect can be recreated by simply keeping the left lid higher than the right. But, again, why be stuck with a permanent leer when there's the potential for more expression?

I like this Hatbox Ghost. If it can be made a little more like the original, great. If not, I'm not going to gripe nor cry (a miracle for me, because I complain about just about EVERYTHING). IMO, this figure isn't a major blunder, like the McMansionland Playground. I can (after)live with it being an update. It's a pretty darn cool upgrade!

I want the Hatbox Ghost put back and I want it yesterday. In fact, make that more than 10 years worth of yesterdays. This waiting is driving me nuts, and it's a very short drive.
    You never know, they may have him hunched over. They were just demonstrating the animatronic itself at the Expo, so anything is possible right now.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Science Factual

Quote Originally Posted by CDW View Post

Well, there is Leota's spellbook, but that hardly seems relevant to the HBG, or the attic generally. Perhaps it's connected to some as-yet-unrevealed aspect of the del Toro movie? That green certainly matches the color scheme of the teaser poster...
    Sorta leaning towards Leota, the more I think about it. ML can be summoning HBG.

That's where my brains at currently anyways.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MyFriendtheAtom View Post
    thank you über lots Ron W! Do you have a date for this epic photo?
    Sat. Aug 3, 2013

• Minion

These days, being stuck staring directly at Connie would get old pretty fast
    That happened to me once in WDW. *makes international signs for tiresome blabbermouth with fingers*

The book might be a guest book from one of Connie's weddings.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

There also seems to be some kind of Baby Carriage there ad there was indeed a baby carriage in virtually the same spot back in the Corpse Bride Days.

Might be the same one.
    Just noticed HBG2 beat me to it.

• the rockawho?

after seeing online the hatbox ghost, i knew i had to see it in person so i went to d23 on sunday....

the hatbox ghost looks better in person than in pictures and video....i thought it look great....i still prefer the original, but the lighting made this d23 expo one look great....looks pretty creepy in person

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

There is a hat/coat rack there behind the desk/book arrangment, but too dark to see what was on it if anything - maybe just a coat. And the thing in front is definitely a pram. No hint of what the book is in person, it's just small writing of a 'regular' sort.

The hellhound's audio was missing in the graveyard is about the only other notable thing, didn't see if the blast-up head was working, didn't see it on either trip through.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

I agree that you don't green-light a book in THAT particular spot in the attic if it isn't HBG related. Can't wait to see what it turns out to be...

BTW, did anyone notice that this thread has reached page 500?!?!?

My, how we love our Mansion!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Probably apropos of nothing, but still worth sharing, this magnet is the D23 Member gift that came with the quarterly magazine I received last night:
    Name:  hatbox.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  39.3 KB

Hattie just seems to be everywhere these days. I also ordered the Collin Campbell-inspired limited edition tee shirt that was for sale last week. Can't wait to get that one.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    I agree that you don't green-light a book in THAT particular spot in the attic if it isn't HBG related. Can't wait to see what it turns out to be...

BTW, did anyone notice that this thread has reached page 500?!?!?

My, how we love our Mansion!
    lol I just noticed that. This thread will live on forever.

• the rockawho?

cool magnet.....

D23 HBG magnet + Limited Anniversary HBG T-Shirt + HBG Annual Pass Pin + D23 HBG Display + HBG Box in the WDI Effects + secret HBG meeting monday = Possible HBG appearance in the Holiday Haunted Mansion.....maybe

not sure if this was posted yet......this was in the imagineering section...I saw it hidden behind the desk display

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM