Page 506 of 559 FirstFirst ... 6406456496503504505506507508509516556 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 8380

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I may be behind on this (nothing new) and you all may have already seen this...but I would love to hear what you think (especially YOU, TheHatboxGhost)...I personally love the added MOTIONS, but would have much preferred the original design/look Hattie had...

Karstens Creations - Original Art & Custom Dreams

http://www.karcreat.com

• the rockawho?

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

the hatbox ghost looks better in person than in pictures and video....i thought it look great....i still prefer the original, but the lighting made this d23 expo one look great....looks pretty creepy in person

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by karcreat View Post
    I may be behind on this (nothing new) and you all may have already seen this...but I would love to hear what you think (especially YOU, TheHatboxGhost)...I personally love the added MOTIONS, but would have much preferred the original design/look Hattie had...

The opinions and speculation start on page #490.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    That nightvision video looked perfect for pulling some "accidental" stereo pairs so get out your red and blue glasses (red over the left eye) and it's almost like being there...

WOW...these are actually REALLY well done...did you create the 3D effect yourself somehow?

(If 'yes', I need to get in touch with you about turning some of my horror artwork 3D...

Thanks!!

-K

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Truthfully, the vagueness is one of the things I *like* about our Mansion. I dislike this latest trend of everything having a distinct, laid-out storyline with no room for imagination of the guest.

AGREE 100%.

Ghost themed/haunted stuff should NOT be 'explained', when left to the imagination, they fare MUCH better and are far more mysterious, creepy and thought provoking...I LOVE the fact that each scene in the HM is NOT 'spelled out', just as it would be if it were an 'actual' haunted house...

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    I think the crazy eyes are what really made the Hatbox Ghost as distinctive and creepy as he was. The D23 animatronic doesn't have them.
    I agree.
    The large, BUGGY eyes with small pupils thing is just CREEPY...like this ( I slightly repainted/airbrushed the previously posted stills):
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by karcreat; 08-26-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    The opinions and speculation start on page #490.
    Thanks...I KNEW you all were way ahead of me on this one, LOL...

• Minion

I think the crazy eyes are what really made the Hatbox Ghost as distinctive and creepy as he was.
    Yes! I always likened them to John Astin's as Gomez Addams.

In a way, they gave him the same ambiguity as the Beating Heart Bride. Was he the mad killer, the innocent victim, or both?

So... NOBODY knows the exact size of the demon wallpaper faces?

That just seems impossible.

• the rockawho?

it will be difficult to get the measurements unless you work on the ride and happen to have a measuring tape

my guess would be 2 3/4 ft or 3 feet tall

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

Oh, you teases.
    (From Walt Disney World's Facebook page)
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• the rockawho?

D23 HBG magnet + Limited Anniversary HBG T-Shirt + HBG Annual Pass Pin + D23 HBG Display + HBG Box in the WDI Effects + secret HBG meeting monday + facebook page meme + new HBG bust..........a lot of hints.....

after thinking about it for some time...i think it will be possible he will only return for the holiday version....having him and constance in the same room will be too much.....

the "13th anniversary" of the Holiday version is suppose to have a few changes with 13 fun filled surprises....maybe he is the big surprise....it will make sense to make him seasonal...

Ok...that meme inspired me...

Name:  HatboxMeme1.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  237.9 KB

• Science Factual

Quote Originally Posted by EvilRocketeer View Post
    D23 HBG magnet + Limited Anniversary HBG T-Shirt + HBG Annual Pass Pin + D23 HBG Display + HBG Box in the WDI Effects + secret HBG meeting monday + facebook page meme + new HBG bust..........a lot of hints.....

after thinking about it for some time...i think it will be possible he will only return for the holiday version....having him and constance in the same room will be too much.....

the "13th anniversary" of the Holiday version is suppose to have a few changes with 13 fun filled surprises....maybe he is the big surprise....it will make sense to make him seasonal...
    I was having the same thought just the other night. I was like 'Should I go to the HMH opening in case..' Then I spilled my Disney Kool-Aid all over my Disney shirt.

Btw... Looked everywhere that Monday for Secret Meetings involving Hatboxes. But to no avail. :P

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele Guy View Post

Oh, you teases.
    (From Walt Disney World's Facebook page)
    This is getting really old. Put him back in, darn it.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM