Page 511 of 581 FirstFirst ... 11411461501508509510511512513514521561 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 8712

• en pace

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

What's the problem with 's?

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."
    - A.A. Milne

"I keep telling people not to lick the bats, but do they listen? Ha."
    - HBG2

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by RequiesCat View Post
    What's the problem with 's?
    There has been a corporate initiative to remove Walt's name, The different business unit names and identities and the possessive ,s from nearly all the Company's products. CFO Jay Rasulo thinks that they can maximize brand identity by removing all the differentiating factors thus why you see commercials, Napkins, Paper Plates etc. which say "Disney Parks" rather than "Disneyland" or "Walt Disney World" that way they can mass produce these products with minimal labor costs involved and use them on both coasts, Artistic integrity and acknowledging your founder and what makes your product unique and why people loved it to begin with be damned.

• en pace

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    There has been a corporate initiative to remove Walt's name, The different business unit names and identities and the possessive ,s from nearly all the Company's products. CFO Jay Rasulo thinks that they can maximize brand identity by removing all the differentiating factors thus why you see commercials, Napkins, Paper Plates etc. which say "Disney Parks" rather than "Disneyland" or "Walt Disney World" that way they can mass produce these products with minimal labor costs involved and use them on both coasts, Artistic integrity and acknowledging your founder and what makes your product unique and why people loved it to begin with be damned.
    Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head with that one. Sums up the attitude that is destroying the company that Walt built. Oh of course people will get used to it, as they gradually degrade the intended vision and style Disney had for the Parks and his company! Out of habit, and a cultural preference for brand names, people will continue paying into this nonsense longer than they ought to. But there is going to come a day, if they don't get their act together, that people are going to wake up and realize that it's become one giant, over-hyped, over-priced mall, where every shop is the same, and character, integrity, and uniqueness have all vanished. An empty shell of its former self. Disney's company (yeah, I said Disney's!) had better rediscover its founder's vision, because that is what made his company successful. Not consumerism, or pumping out a bunch of cheap products with a mouse on them. Vision.

Rant over.

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."
    - A.A. Milne

- HBG2

• en pace

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

I've revised my "The Bride and the Leaping Skull" post at the blog, so you can get some visual feel there. If in fact the blast-up was not there originally, and another popup was or was not at the exit, that popup would likely have been a stick-head type. That would mean that the attic had only one blast-up, only one skull jumping up out of a round hatbox, and it was at the very beginning of the attic, while the HBG was near the very end. The dynamics of the attic would have worked slightly differently, with one big foreshadowing clue at the beginning and the climax, counterpart, and solution to the mystery at the end. The bride's connection to the skull-in-a-hatbox motif would have been strictly via her heartbeat supplying the rhythm of the HBG gag. With the second skull-in-a-hatbox blast-up directly in front of her, however, you would have had a stronger connection between all the various parts of the puzzle. (Skull-in-hatbox > skull-in-hatbox linked with Beating Heart >heartbeat linked to ghost losing his skullish head to hatbox) Either way would have been good.
    If the blast-up heads were clues pointing to the HBG, what was the significance of the stick-head pop-ups? Were they "mockers" from the beginning, with the "I do!" line, or was that audio added later?

- A.A. Milne

- HBG2

• Larger Than (After)Life

A rather Burtonesque-looking walking stick, don't you think?

Hmmm...

• the rockawho?

it is a matter of time when he will reappear....my guess is this Halloween Version....too many hints these past few months....

i forgot to mention in the Imagineering section at D23...you had to stand in this presentation room, and one of the first things they showed was a cgi hatbox ghost ....."we just about lost our heads trying to get this guy to work"....check video below

he may not fit with the Nightmare Before Christmas theme, but it will be a great "surprise"...maybe a test trial to see how fans and guests react to his newly presence or reappearance...making him seasonal for now is a safe bet....not gambling much since they can easily remove him come january....

the attic seems to have one theme centering around constance and her deceased husbands....by adding him to the attic again...wont that imply he was one of her husbands (one that lost his head)?

also, like others said about the merchandise....his reappearance can be solely based on $$$$$$.....new merchandise opportunities..... potential ticket sales/ pass renewals may increase....perfect money grab for the mouse

there were a ton of fan fare over the d23 AA....maybe hoping it will turn into money signs

they brought back captain eo to try and get ticket sales to increase....

good call on the burton cane

at 3:27

Last edited by EvilRocketeer; 09-03-2013 at 01:36 AM.

• Inhospitable about happy

I seriously doubt that HBG would debut in a HMH. They don't need something to boost attendance when HMH comes to town. The reason it's still with us is that people like it and ridership goes up. And what would they do, leave out the snake? They'd just make extra work and unnecessary headaches for themselves. Better to wait until January if it's in the cards at all.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Science Factual

Assuming he goes in the attic @ HMH.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Just to chime in, as someone who works in international post-production for Disney, a big part of removing the " 's " from the Disney logo is that the company treats the wordmark as a graphic element globally, not a text element. So, if you're watching a Disney Channel show in Japan or Spain, the show's title will be in the local language, but "Disney" will look just like it does in the States (or other English speaking territories). Most foreign languages don't use the "apostrophe s" for a possessive, so putting it on the logo world-wide would be confusing. I don't know that there's anything more sinister to it than that.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    Just to chime in, as someone who works in international post-production for Disney, a big part of removing the " 's " from the Disney logo is that the company treats the wordmark as a graphic element globally, not a text element. So, if you're watching a Disney Channel show in Japan or Spain, the show's title will be in the local language, but "Disney" will look just like it does in the States (or other English speaking territories). Most foreign languages don't use the "apostrophe s" for a possessive, so putting it on the logo world-wide would be confusing. I don't know that there's anything more sinister to it than that.
    I guess that makes sens but that does not excuse the removing "Walt" and "Pictures" from the film title cards.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I have no insight into the Pictures logo, but have to agree that that change doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• Mr. Ghost

Just a quick chime in, It may have been mentioned on HBG2's blog or in the comments, but isn't the "Black Prince" portrait an example of triumph over death?

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    Just a quick chime in, It may have been mentioned on HBG2's blog or in the comments, but isn't the "Black Prince" portrait an example of triumph over death?
    There's a raging debate (well, without the rage) about how to interpret that portrait in the comments of the latest blog post. If it's a "triumph over death," what kind of triumph? And how is it scary to us viewers?
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Another possibility for The Black Prince's inspiration, at least partially - Tarot decks vary of course in design, some showing the Death card as a traditional skeletal 'reaper' with the scythe on ground, but other traditional decks opt for variations of this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qg1Bul4g5I...1600/Death.jpg

http://vintageprintable.com/wordpres...2-562x1000.jpg

We know Marc and Rolly at least looked at 'occult' source books for art inspiration, so that's not much of a stretch.

Here is how the new entrance looks at night.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM