Page 514 of 725 FirstFirst ... 14414464489504511512513514515516517524539564614 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 10871

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Any day a new piece of HM concept art comes to life is a GOOD day.

Paul Anderson has posted a previously unknown concept sketch by Ken Anderson:

A mad scientist with a Frankenstein monster look to him is busy in his lab. That's an unusual mash-up of monster and monster-maker. Some of the perspective in the sketch leaves something to be desired, but this is loose, concept work. The upper floor was perhaps added secondarily. "Frozen railing," it says. No doubt the railing was going to be refrigerated, giving guests a surprise when they held on it to lean over for a look. That is similar to Anderson's staircase sketch, where he planned an electric shock in the handrails.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• the rockawho?

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

The HMH set up outside...

• Evil is Sexy

I'm slightly excited for this. I've never been on the HMH version. I love me some classic HM, but I'm curious to see this in person.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Here's hoping they polish up the regular HM when it returns. Really needs some TLC.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I do like me some zombie gingerbread men, and I hear they are selling them in food service locales this year, so there's that! I miss the 2001 music, it was actually pretty nice, with the standard Christmas carols re-arranged rather lushly and in a creepy manner.

And that Anderson sketch is a good one - thanks Dan! You can guess of course what it reminds me of:

DLP Feb 2009 - Phantom Manor by PeterPanFan, on Flickr

They say Imagineering never throws anything away, right...?
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by EvilRocketeer View Post
    The HMH set up outside...

Part of me want's to say the "Celebrating 13 years" sign is tacky but Its a temporary thing like the 50th Spider web so I won't go too crazy over it.

• Science Factual

Anyone planning on being at HMH rope-drop tomorrow PM or add me on twitter via my profile

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Any day a new piece of HM concept art comes to life is a GOOD day.
    Not the most stunning concept art obviously. The Frozen handrail concept is a hoot tho.

Here's hoping they polish up the regular HM when it returns. Really needs some TLC.
    ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Part of me want's to say the "Celebrating 13 years" sign is tacky but Its a temporary thing like the 50th Spider web so I won't go too crazy over it.
    i can't stop staring at it now, thanks!! :P
    Last edited by MyFriendtheAtom; 09-12-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Mo replies!!

• I'm a Lutheran

Okay, the sign is in no way perfect, but I'm really excited to see what's new this year, I have a good feeling about this one.
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

A little mini-post, too small for the blog but just right for the Thread.

Now that we know that the original queue family plot at DL only lasted until May of 1970, we're in a position to select the rarest, least seen of all these front yard gravestones. When the boneyard folded, at least two of the original eight went up on the berm and one went into the graveyard scene inside. Several were represented by duplicates at WDW that are still around today. Several berm stones were new when they went up, but they remained in place for years, and some of those are duplicated in the Tokyo cemeteries.

When all the sifting is done, the stone seen for the shortest time and still gone today is...

RIP Cousin Victor, He Brewed a Batch of Bad Elixir. It was one of the original eight, and when it went down in May '70 it was never seen again in any form. I just found out today why this one never was used at WDW or on the DL berm: It was a tribute to Vic Greene, one of the chief HM architects, and after Greene died his widow requested that her husband's tribute headstone no longer be used.

These have been seen before, but here's the blueprint for the stone, and a picture of Vic with Walt.

And photos of the stone are rare. Here's the only decent one I've ever seen, plus an indecent one which is still the second best photo I've got.

• Member of Baxter's Army

The annual Disney Parks Blog HMH behind the scenes video is up and has a lights-on view of Hattie's spot as it currently appears (with the snake)
    Celebrating 13 Frightfully Fun Seasons of Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park | Disney Parks - YouTube
    You also get a good look at how they conceal the Frank Portrait during HMH.

Haunted Mansion Holiday this year features a CGI cupola and hanged Ghost Host corpse, still visible after the lights come on. But why the scream and bone crash sound effects?

You have to wonder whether they're going to keep some of that CGI in the regular Mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    And that Anderson sketch is a good one - thanks Dan! You can guess of course what it reminds me of.

They say Imagineering never throws anything away, right...?
    That's a nice catch. No, I hadn't thought of it, actually. But if you compare the two more closely, there's just barely enough overlap to raise suspicions...

• Minion

Is that hanging corpse cgi?

You have to wonder whether they're going to keep some of that CGI in the regular Mansion.
    I'm sure it will be there eventually. CGI it's what' for dinner! It's the bee's knee's! It's totally awesome! It's it's C mother effin G I!!!!

Nuts. I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM