Page 515 of 649 FirstFirst ... 15415465490505512513514515516517518525540565615 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 9732

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

It's hard to imagine any reason to CGI the hanging corpse. It's not like it's a complex figure always in need of repair, and the literal three dimensionality of it is visually obvious, so a CGI representation couldn't look convincing. What could be successfully CGI in the regular HM are those windows.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I'm sure the physical corpse prop will return to the regular season. Honestly, the only reason why the HMH corpse is CGI is because the whole cupola is a project-screen for the overlay, which by the way, is a brilliant new effect. It sends chills up my spine (for the oddest reason) seeing Jack, Zero, and the corpse up there, and the fact that he's still hanging around after the doors have opened is all the more eerie and Halloween-y. It's so delightfully morbid and true to the original atmosphere.

Now if only we could get some of that original soundtrack back, if not all of it...
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• Minion

I've been avoiding videos since I was going to see it myself today, so for others avoiding the videos: everything seems to be working again. The moving bricks are moving, the pop up hpopping up, and the deaf ghost is back.

.h

• Minion

I watched several videos today and I noticed that many ghosts in the ballroom were not turned on like all the dining table ghosts and the old lady ghost. Usually, they at least have the birthday cake ghost and/or Julius Caesar still at the table.

• Science Factual

The CGI hanging corpse < Actual hanging corpse effect

Just starin at a screen IMO.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I watched several videos today and I noticed that many ghosts in the ballroom were not turned on like all the dining table ghosts and the old lady ghost. Usually, they at least have the birthday cake ghost and/or Julius Caesar still at the table.
    According to HMH Art Director Brian Sandall, They sometimes remove the ghosts at the table depending on the scale and theme of the gingerbread house. Sometimes they are used sometimes they are not.
    Last edited by HMF; 09-15-2013 at 12:11 AM.

I gave Haunted Mansion Holiday a try. Again. I admit, I like the pumpkins on the berm. Aside from that...

The only reason to ride for me is to see the interiors in horrendously bright lighting and get a better look at the ghouls in the graveyard. It certainly rapes my childhood

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    I gave Haunted Mansion Holiday a try. Again. I admit, I like the pumpkins on the berm. Aside from that...

The only reason to ride for me is to see the interiors in horrendously bright lighting and get a better look at the ghouls in the graveyard. It certainly rapes my childhood
    PLQ is a far worse rape of the Mansion than HMH will ever be.

• Minion

Last year during HMH (when I had an annual pass) for a macabre time I would ride Snow White. It's the *other* dark spook ride at DL and has some nice effects. Technically it's more aggressive than the HM since the witch confronts the rider several times, the trees actually attack/move rather than simply menace, and it includes depictions of torture/murder -- in the dungeon -- that are absent from the Mansion (the bride's murders are implied rather than shown). Nice castle queue too. And there's a raven in there.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Last year during HMH (when I had an annual pass) for a macabre time I would ride Snow White. It's the *other* dark spook ride at DL and has some nice effects. Technically it's more aggressive than the HM since the witch confronts the rider several times, the trees actually attack/move rather than simply menace, and it includes depictions of torture/murder -- in the dungeon -- that are absent from the Mansion (the bride's murders are implied rather than shown). Nice castle queue too. And there's a raven in there.
    Way to look at the dark side, buddy! Great suggestion!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Science Factual

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Love Snow White!! Oddly enough I believe HBG2 did a good job catching correlations between HM & SW over at his blog
    Long-Forgotten: Into the Dark Forest

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I kind of cringe at using the 'R-word' to describe unsuccessful changes to theme park attractions being something someone dislikes. I overall don't like HMH in general (if it was in December only I'd appreciate it a lot more, during Halloween is silly when Haunted Mansion is perfect for October in normal mode) - but sexual assault being compared to faulty elements in a theme park attraction is a bit of comparison overkill and I don't think is warranted. That's just me.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

I think the CGI was better than what was there before. I'm speaking about HMH.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

I like the suggestion to ride more Snow White during these dark times for my macabre Haunted Mansion-y fix.

Also be sure to stop by Great Moments to hear your Ghost Host.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    I like the suggestion to ride more Snow White during these dark times for my macabre Haunted Mansion-y fix.

Also be sure to stop by Great Moments to hear your Ghost Host.
    Other Mansion-y things to do for the duration:

Don't miss the Haunted Mansion FastPass area which is only in use during HMH. There's no HMH inside and it's surprisingly moody with its iron trellises, clinging vines and grim statuary. Grab a FastPass as a souvenir since they, also, are strictly "Haunted Mansion," not HMH. (This is all based on last year.)

The Pirate takeover of Tom Sawyer Island gets a bad rap on these forums, but the cave has a surprising number of new displays and effects that will seem familiar to Mansion fans. There's a treasure display with a drop-down (instead of a pop-up) ghoul to frighten the unsuspecting. There a treasure display with a slot to reach your hand in to grab for it. Just you try and see what happens... There's an animatronic character chained in a cell with a facial projection that is about 1,000% more effective than Connie. And at the very back of the island on the other side of the closed fort is a cemetery.

I like the projection show on Space Mountain at night (better than the Ghost Galaxy overlay on the ride itself) but I don't know if that ties into the HM or just my interest in sci-fi, horror, and combinations of the two.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM