Page 516 of 726 FirstFirst ... 16416466491506513514515516517518519526541566616 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 10890

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

- Haunted Mansion portion of Remember...Dreams Come True
    - Stretching room portraits on Esmeralda's cards

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I kind of cringe at using the 'R-word' to describe unsuccessful changes to theme park attractions being something someone dislikes. I overall don't like HMH in general (if it was in December only I'd appreciate it a lot more, during Halloween is silly when Haunted Mansion is perfect for October in normal mode) - but sexual assault being compared to faulty elements in a theme park attraction is a bit of comparison overkill and I don't think is warranted. That's just me.
    I agree with you and I do think a lot of times when people have a lot of emotional investment in something in our case HM we sometimes can go over board. I still feel bad about the way we trashed Pete Carsillo around here when PLQ first debuted. He was after all basically told point blank to find a way to put in noisemakers, water effects etc. into the Haunted Mansion Queue or risk his job and while I disagree with some of the creative choices I think more of the blame should go to Producer Eric Goodman for not taking his job seriously but I feel that given the circumstances Pete did the best with the orders he was given. That doesn't change the fact that the orders were bad to begin with but it could have been worse. Same case as with the new entry signage though I am not sure if it is the same creative team this time or not.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    I agree with you and I do think a lot of times when people have a lot of emotional investment in something in our case HM we sometimes can go over board. I still feel bad about the way we trashed Pete Carsillo around here when PLQ first debuted. He was after all basically told point blank to find a way to put in noisemakers, water effects etc. into the Haunted Mansion Queue or risk his job and while I disagree with some of the creative choices I think more of the blame should go to Producer Eric Goodman for not taking his job seriously but I feel that given the circumstances Pete did the best with the orders he was given. That doesn't change the fact that the orders were bad to begin with but it could have been worse. Same case as with the new entry signage though I am not sure if it is the same creative team this time or not.
    Yes to all of this.

Here's a sneak preview of an upcoming LF post, probably December.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Further interesting things to see elsewhere at DLR while HMH is in place:

The Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-through has some nice special effects that represent magic, if not necessarily anything supernatural, in its displays.

There's an excellent Pepper's Ghost effect on the Monsters, Inc. ride in DCA -- look ahead while the car is going through the locker room. The monsters with eyes that follow you in the opening street scene could be considered a hat-tip to MK's HM since we've only had the following busts.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    There's an excellent Pepper's Ghost effect on the Monsters, Inc. ride in DCA -- look ahead while the car is going through the locker room. The monsters with eyes that follow you in the opening street scene could be considered a hat-tip to MK's HM since we've only had the following busts.
    Don't forget Randall's skin turning into the Demon Eyes Wallpaper near the end.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

There's always Mickey-in-the-mirror in his house in Toon Town - same method as the mirror hitchhikers, but not meant to view yourself with him in it/no darkened space around you.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Science Factual

And of course if you need your Doombuggy fix there's always The Little Mermaid.

DIY HM!!

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Don't forget Randall's skin turning into the Demon Eyes Wallpaper near the end.
    What?! How have I never noticed this?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    There's always Mickey-in-the-mirror in his house in Toon Town - same method as the mirror hitchhikers, but not meant to view yourself with him in it/no darkened space around you.
    Same thing with the Cheshire Cat in the mirror at the Mad Hatter's. Kinda eerie, and so for me a little more Mansionesque than Mickey.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    What?! How have I never noticed this?!?!

Wow. Looking at that shot now, I realize that I've registered the "color" a million times, but not the actual detail of the pattern. Crazy!

Thanks for the heads up!

The first part of POTC sorta works. Blue Bayou is moody as can be, and then it's creepy skeletons for awhile. You even get thunder and lightning at one point. Indy, on the other hand, is too rambunctious for any kind of proper Mansion fix, methinks.

Same with the ToT actual ride, but all the warm-up is moody, eerie, and Mansionesque.

I'm also totally in agreement on the Sleeping Beauty walk-thru. It was done old school by Mansionhead Imagineers, following Ken Anderson's lead, and it's a nice companion to the changing portrait hall in giving off the quality of what a walk-thru HM would have been like.
    Last edited by HBG2; 09-19-2013 at 08:37 AM.

• Science Factual

The Blue Bayou was a Claude Coats creation right?

Quote Originally Posted by MyFriendtheAtom View Post
    The Blue Bayou was a Claude Coats creation right?
    He had a lot to do with it.

• Member of Baxter's Army

From WDWMagic user "The Empress Lily" over at our discussion about the new Mansion gates.
    http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/h...6#post-5719497
    Thought you guys would enjoy this one.
    Last edited by HMF; 09-19-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Hello, Everybody. I just noticed something that I found very interesting!

Julia Lee (III) - Biography

This actress has the Haunted Mansion Constance credited to her on her IMDB.com profile! Which is very strange, as she looks nothing like Constance. Does anyone know the real story here?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM