Page 517 of 601 FirstFirst ... 17417467492507514515516517518519520527542567 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 9014

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by bondfan2000 View Post
    Hello, Everybody. I just noticed something that I found very interesting!

Julia Lee (III) - Biography

This actress has the Haunted Mansion Constance credited to her on her IMDB.com profile! Which is very strange, as she looks nothing like Constance. Does anyone know the real story here?
    Blue CG Filter might have messed with her appearance, but Julia Lee is indeed the body of Constance while Cressida does her voice.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Hello, I'm PhonyKingOfEngland I'm new to MiceChat, but have read this thread and it's others for a long time. I rode HM for the first time this summer (Anaheim). It was awesome.

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Here's something interesting in the attic

Is this one of the Winkie spears from Wizard of Oz?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PhonyKingOfEngland View Post

Kind of dark and hard to see, but yeah - it's possible someone PhotoShopped it in there.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Blue CG Filter might have messed with her appearance, but Julia Lee is indeed the body of Constance while Cressida does her voice.
    Julia is definitely Constance in the five portraits. It's much less clear that it is she in the projection. Doesn't really look that much like her. The projection may be Kat Cressida or perhaps a third actress. Cressida does indeed do the voice, of course.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Lurker

It's a halberd. I couldn't tell you if it's the exact design used in Wizard of Oz.

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Ah, HBG2, so what's your take on this? never mind, I checked, they don't
    Last edited by PhonyKingOfEngland; 09-21-2013 at 10:11 AM.

"You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to."

Robin Williams
    July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014

• Member of Baxter's Army

It's a coincidence. I am pretty sure it's a stock design.

Paul Anderson at the Disney History Institute has recently put up a couple of real rarities at the DHI Facebook page. If you are interested in Disney history, you owe it to yourself to friend up with DHI over there. Lots of nice things come up.

What he's got are some HM concept sketches by Sam McKim. We know McKim from his exterior sketches of the proposed HM in the early days, but apparently he threw in ideas for the interior as well.

What this shows is that the idea of using historical characters as the basis for the ride was still a live option as late as 1968, which is amazing. The reference to omnimovers proves the late date. We have King John signing the Magna Carta in 1215 and offering souvenir pens to passing omnimovers like a politician or celebrity might do today, with the optional gag of having him offering ball point pens.

Yeah, I know. Well, they can't ALL be masterstokes of comic genius, can they? And John isn't even a notorious villain, like the other historical characters under consideration as ghosts for the HM during this phase. Sam's other sketch is better:

We're still maintaining the historical theme, as the figure in the mirror could be Napoleon. "Eerie green glow from med. chest mirror." You will recall that both Ken Anderson and Marc Davis had come up with bathroom gags, so we can now list a third idea in that vein. The bathroom is impossibly modern for an old Victorian mansion (unless we are to countenance relatively recent remodeling by the current owners, but what fun is that in a haunted house?) I suspect that these were quick, rough ideas, tossed out without a lot of deep reflection, and the artwork supports that notion. We know how good McKim was with a pencil when he wanted to be.

Paul hints that he's got more McKim concept art, so we look forward to seeing it. Amazing that whole new chapters in the history of this attraction continue to open, even after all this time and scrutiny.

We're oh-so-familiar with the abundant concept art produced by the main HM Imagineers (Ken Anderson, Rolly Crump, X Atencio, Marc Davis, Claude Coats), but there's also a second tier of artists who contributed far less by way of volume but nevertheless made multiple contributions, people like Dick Irvine and Dorothea Redmond, and it appears we now need to add the great Sam McKim to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    And John isn't even a notorious villain, like the other historical characters under consideration as ghosts for the HM during this phase.
    I don't know about this - just ask Robin Hood. King John certainly isn't quite as bloody or supernatural a villain as some of the others who pop up in the concept sketches, but he's certainly been thought of, at least in the popular conception, as one of the "Bad Kings".

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Does anyone want to welcome me to MiceChat?

"You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to."

Robin Williams

• Minion

Does anyone want to welcome me to MiceChat?
    Welcome, Foolish Mortal...

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Welcome, Foolish Mortal...
    Thank you!

Robin Williams

Ironic that a piece of concept art featuring King John appears at the same time as someone with that character's Disney moniker for a name joins up. Coincidence? I don't think so. How many chatboard members are actually ghosts, I wonder?

Rap on a keyboard; it's time to respond,
    Send us a message from regions beyond.

Oh, and sources tell me...
    Julia Lee is in the portraits,
    Kat Cressida does the voice,
    and the projected Connie? She's CGI
    (Kat insists she's modeled on her, but to the best of my knowledge that's not been independently verified.)

• Pox-worthy since 1973

So, I believed we've (we've being you people) discussed the old woman in the ballroom is the grandomother in COP, so I ask you this, Does COP need a refurb, or am I asking the wrong people?

EDIT: considering this particular thread started in 2010, Does anyone think we should start Thread 8?
    Last edited by PhonyKingOfEngland; 09-22-2013 at 09:18 AM.

Robin Williams

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM